First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Images and memories across the world.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 4/4/15


Wenberg State Park, Lake Goodwin....
Loved to go fishing there.
Posted 4/4/15
It makes me just a little bit sad that I have no such things.. Well, not really. I'm not sad.
Sogno- 
45625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
OP that is such a beautiful place, i'm jealous you got to explore caves as a kid i've always wanted to go to a cave.

all i did was play in the creek , run in the pasture, climb trees, and run away from snakes


dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Online
Posted 4/4/15

Sogno- wrote:

OP that is such a beautiful place, i'm jealous you got to explore caves as a kid i've always wanted to go to a cave.

all i did was play in the creek , run in the pasture, climb trees, and run away from snakes




The Idea of finding snakes would have been awesome to me as a kid we have boring wildlife here, I assume the reality is slightly less fun especially if their dangerous. XD
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Online
Posted 4/8/15 , edited 4/8/15
Well things have gone all political again so I retreat to my thread of happiness between posts anyone else got some happy memories/stories to share.
6965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

I passed by a rural town near Houston and took this picture.
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
I went to Boracay, Philippines with my family. Such a beautiful place.

dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Online
Posted 4/8/15
That sand! I don't think I've ever seen the like so pale and unblemished.
9522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fort Myer
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
Being a member of the US Army's Honor Guard, I'm tasked with rendering final honors to our nations fallen. These images were taken from Maj Gen Greene's funeral. He was the highest ranking KIA since the Vietnam war. I was marching in the escort element during this funeral.
Some of the images are pretty big so you'll have to open them in another tab.





dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Online
Posted 4/8/15 , edited 4/8/15

11BravoPatterson wrote:

Being a member of the US Army's Honor Guard, I'm tasked with rendering final honors to our nations fallen. These images were taken from Maj Gen Greene's funeral. He was the highest ranking KIA since the Vietnam war. I was marching in the escort element during this funeral.
Some of the images are pretty big so you'll have to open them in another tab.




I always find those cemeteries haunting there is such a sense of loss, honour and sacrifice about them. May he rest In peace.
9522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fort Myer
Offline
Posted 4/10/15

dsjb wrote:


11BravoPatterson wrote:

Being a member of the US Army's Honor Guard, I'm tasked with rendering final honors to our nations fallen. These images were taken from Maj Gen Greene's funeral. He was the highest ranking KIA since the Vietnam war. I was marching in the escort element during this funeral.
Some of the images are pretty big so you'll have to open them in another tab.




I always find those cemeteries haunting there is such a sense of loss, honour and sacrifice about them. May he rest In peace.

One of the downsides to doing these funerals all the time is that they lose that whole sense of honor. Especially if you're part of the firing party like I am. You just show up, shoot, and go home without knowing anything about the man you just put to rest. Every now and then you'll get an active duty KIA, or a family member that breaks down during the ceremony. Those are the only times you really feel anything. Last week we had a WW2 guy who's remains were identified and could now be buried. He was a pilot that got shot down while flying in the pacific theater. An old Army buddy of his showed up at the funeral and collapsed onto his knees crying. Those are the times you really feel something.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.