First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Piercings and the likes
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Eugene
Offline
Posted 3/23/15
You're last paragraph is something I wish more people understood about self expression. I have both hand and neck tattoos, which are probably the most taboo tattoos you could have(other than the face). Most people approach me and say "I could never do that because I'd like a good job. but I really want to do them" Although wanting a solid and stable career is fine, I feel making yourself happy by doing what you want to do is more important.

Keep on Keeping on!
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 3/23/15 , edited 3/23/15

jordancharacter wrote:

I don't have any. I don't think I am masochistic enough to enjoy the process of someone putting a hole in my head, or a needle in my skin.


Honesty piercings don't hurt that much at all the only one that really hurts is nose. I've had my lips pierced 4 times didn't really hurt any of those times. It's just a quick sting and done.


xKylex89 wrote:

You're last paragraph is something I wish more people understood about self expression. I have both hand and neck tattoos, which are probably the most taboo tattoos you could have(other than the face). Most people approach me and say "I could never do that because I'd like a good job. but I really want to do them" Although wanting a solid and stable career is fine, I feel making yourself happy by doing what you want to do is more important.

Keep on Keeping on!


I hate jobs that are against that I had a job once that wouldn't let me wear any piercings even earrings and another where I had to wear a band on my wrist to cover my tattoo. However both those jobs weren't good job and were really old fashioned places.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 3/23/15

jordancharacter wrote:

I don't have any. I don't think I am masochistic enough to enjoy the process of someone putting a hole in my head, or a needle in my skin.


it's honestly not that bad (but I guess it depends what piercing it is) and of course it'll hurt but the pain subsides after a few seconds. my septum was quick and easy and it hurt during the actual piercing but i've had no problems with the aftercare etc. my friend said hers didn't hurt at all. ik some people who said nip piercings hurt like crazy but some are like meh no biggie

so it depends on yaaa
17083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/23/15
I'm a wimp and nearly passed out for most of my piercings. The woman who did my sternum didn't think I was gonna make it through the whole thing. Since I got the bar, it was basically two holes punched into my chest, a taper between those to open the space up, and then finally the bar. I have two puffy scars from where the holes were and when I cover my chest tattoo, I'd like to extend it down far enough to cover them if they can even be tattooed over. I didn't feel my septum at all though. I was still bracing myself for the needle to go through and the guy backed away and said I was all done. Didn't even have to lay down after that one!

I suppose I can understand why some employers are still against tattoos and piercings. It's just society's general perception. When I worked in customer service I had to flip my septum up whenever I was playing supervisor (I was a supervisor on cashier pay, bleh) because I had to look more "professional". Unless you're going for some kind of stuffy career in the first place… or working for disney (my cousin's doing their college program and had to remove ALL piercings, even regular lobes I believe) my opinion is that if a job doesn't hire you because of how you look, they probably didn't consider your skills and qualifications that much anyways.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 3/23/15
I had my ear pierced when I was 14. I took it out after I started college, just didn't like how it looked anymore.
24548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 3/23/15
1. What kind of piercings do you currently have?
2. What piercings would you like to have and will get one day?
3. What piercings would you like to have but won't get?

Answer: I have none & don't want any. Not going to judge those who chose to get piercings, they're just not my thing. Kind of the same thing with tattoos. I'm just not interested in either on me.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/23/15
I currently have my ears pierced, and I'm probably going to get my nose pierced in a few years.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 3/23/15

Myuutsu wrote:

I'm a wimp and nearly passed out for most of my piercings. The woman who did my sternum didn't think I was gonna make it through the whole thing. Since I got the bar, it was basically two holes punched into my chest, a taper between those to open the space up, and then finally the bar. I have two puffy scars from where the holes were and when I cover my chest tattoo, I'd like to extend it down far enough to cover them if they can even be tattooed over. I didn't feel my septum at all though. I was still bracing myself for the needle to go through and the guy backed away and said I was all done. Didn't even have to lay down after that one!

I suppose I can understand why some employers are still against tattoos and piercings. It's just society's general perception. When I worked in customer service I had to flip my septum up whenever I was playing supervisor (I was a supervisor on cashier pay, bleh) because I had to look more "professional". Unless you're going for some kind of stuffy career in the first place… or working for disney (my cousin's doing their college program and had to remove ALL piercings, even regular lobes I believe) my opinion is that if a job doesn't hire you because of how you look, they probably didn't consider your skills and qualifications that much anyways.


the internship program at disney? some of my classmates from my old school did that and it's real conservative yikes

anyway hopefully it won't be that bad for me in the future; i do want arm tattoos and i plan on going into research and possibly teaching but my ultimate goal is my phd so i dunno if body mods will affect that at all (prob not if i hide it well)
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 3/23/15
I've always wanted to have my ears pierced when I was younger. But now that I'm older, I don't really need one. Maybe because I'm a big pussy that doesn't like getting my ears poked through haha
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 3/31/15
I don't mean to bump this up again but I just stretched my ears to 14g and my ears are throbbing as we speak

52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/31/15
Never really thought about getting any.
11660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 3/31/15
The more I get older, the less I wear earrings. Unless society finds a really trendy way to wear them in the future.
17083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/31/15

deer wrote:

I don't mean to bump this up again but I just stretched my ears to 14g and my ears are throbbing as we speak



I can't remember which, but 4g or 2g was just awful for me. Glass plugs always went in easy for me. You can get them pretty cheap from bodyartforms.com.
14927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 3/31/15

deer wrote:

P.S. if you're going to talk smack then just save it because like... no one cares about your opinion and it's not your body so like... save it


Like it or not, if you're going out into public like that, get used to the fact that a lot of people will be judging you based on your looks.

1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 3/31/15

Pudding_Head wrote:


deer wrote:

P.S. if you're going to talk smack then just save it because like... no one cares about your opinion and it's not your body so like... save it


Like it or not, if you're going out into public like that, get used to the fact that a lot of people will be judging you based on your looks.



does it look like i care...? talk shit get hit but if you do say something i'm suggesting you save it because all you're doing is embarrassing yourself... and i live in a very liberal area so lmao. plus you don't even know how i look like. my body mods are very very minimal
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.