First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Utah becomes only state in America to approve death by firing squad.
Posted 3/25/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

personally believe this is barbaric...
backwards etc.


You mean the dead penalty or dead by gun quad ? Because legal injection seen like the worst of all.


the firing squad. it's not just the prisoner being killed that is affected. the people doing the "firing"... like the effects on those people... wouldn't it twist them or something?

personally believe this is backwards.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15
Hmm...



I'm not sure if I should approve of this.
4563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

personally believe this is barbaric...
backwards etc.


You mean the dead penalty or dead by gun quad ? Because legal injection seen like the worst of all.


Lethal injection is relatively painless as the person falls into sleep first. However the firing squad will only be used if they have no drugs for lethal injection.
Seems due to the fact the company they aquired the drugs from stopped producing them after finding out they were used for lethal injection.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

personally believe this is barbaric...
backwards etc.


You mean the dead penalty or dead by gun quad ? Because legal injection seen like the worst of all.


the firing squad. it's not just the prisoner being killed that is affected. the people doing the "firing"... like the effects on those people... wouldn't it twist them or something?

personally believe this is backwards.


I believe there is a tradition of outfitting one of the weapons with a fake round. The executioners are not made aware of this. All they know is one gun did not shoot a live round. It prevents the carrying out of an execution from having a strong psychological effect on the executioners. I don't know if this is still practiced. I think it is.

Frankly, I'd be quite willing to be an executioner. It is not as though they were forced to kill people. They were aware of what the job requires beforehand.
Posted 3/25/15

Kerst wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

personally believe this is barbaric...
backwards etc.


You mean the dead penalty or dead by gun quad ? Because legal injection seen like the worst of all.


Lethal injection is relatively painless as the person falls into sleep first. However the firing squad will only be used if they have no drugs for lethal injection.


You have no seen then the horrendous dead by it then. The company that use to make the dose stop supplying and of result, the people doing the killing have to come up with a new dose, has result it has cause some of did worst and most excruciating deads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEiYphLDRUU


Botched lethal injection takes nearly two hours to kill Arizona inmate
An execution taking place in Arizona tonight appears to have gone horribly awry. According to a report from the Associated Press, inmate Joseph Rudolph Wood "gasped and snorted" and was still alive more than an hour after the execution began. Wood was not pronounced dead until 3:49PM MT, one hour and 57 minutes after the beginning of the procedure.

Wood's lawyers filed an emergency appeal during the execution, noting that he was "gasping and snorting for more than an hour" but was still alive some 70 minutes after the execution began. The whole process should have taken 10 minutes, Wood's lawyers said.

Wood had been attempting to delay the execution by claiming his First Amendment rights were violated because the state wouldn't release details on what specific drugs he was being injected with. It's becoming more and more common for states to use new combinations of drugs as the time-tested options are currently in short supply in many states.

This botched execution comes seven months after an untested lethal injection drug combination took more than 20 minutes to kill a prisoner in Ohio; reports claimed similar gasping and snorting throughout the process. More recently, a botched execution took place in Oklahoma in late April in which an inmate ended up dying of a heart attack 40 minutes after the procedure began.

The Obama administration quickly denounced it as inhumane, but it isn't a completely new problem — some estimates show that seven percent of all lethal injections are botched in one way or another. There's no word yet on whether Arizona will put a halt on any future executions until it sorts out what went wrong here, as Oklahoma did.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/23/5931739/botched-lethal-injection-takes-nearly-two-hours-to-kill-arizona-inmate

You were saying ?
Posted 3/25/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

personally believe this is barbaric...
backwards etc.


You mean the dead penalty or dead by gun quad ? Because legal injection seen like the worst of all.


the firing squad. it's not just the prisoner being killed that is affected. the people doing the "firing"... like the effects on those people... wouldn't it twist them or something?

personally believe this is backwards.


Ether way you are still killing somebody.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15
I think people view it as barbaric because it physically damages the body in a visible way. Physical mutilation is traditionally considered barbaric, even if done after death.

There is no question in my mind that a few shots to the head is more reliable and quick than a lethal injection. If it was up to me, I'd restrain the condemned person and have a large dose of an anesthetic administered to them. After it takes effect, the condemned should be executed with precise shots to the head using rounds that are not too powerful or large. This way, the body can still be made to look relatively undamaged and the person can still have the dignity of an open casket funeral. The use of hypnotic drugs or tranquilizers in this process along with the anesthetic sounds like a good idea to make doubly sure that the pain, if there is any, is minimized. An alternative to the gun in this situation is a simple drill. Bore a hole in the skull and scramble the brain. Done. Less damaging to the criminal's appearance and more reliable.

Yet another option can be done a similar way. Administer hypnotics and tranquilizers that render the person unconscious, along with the anesthetic. The person should then have incisions made in the neck to bleed him/her out while unconscious. Make sure the major vessels are cut. The draining of the blood can be done with the assistance of gravity (lay the victim on a slanted surface, head-down) or hastened by using a pump. Perhaps both.The body does not require as much repair and preparation for a funeral this way, and a painless death is also assured. The remains will be easier to move because the removal of blood makes them lighter. And the people preparing the body for the funeral will have some of the work done for them. This bleeding method will work better if new blood is prevented from reaching the brain during the draining process. Simply stick tubes into the severed blood vessels. Things will go more efficiently and they will be neater.

No matter what method is used, I feel better about using drugs that we know already will have an assured effect on the human body. I dislike the idea of using experimental drug cocktails on criminals. It doesn't make any sense. Use drugs that you know will work, and combine their effects to sedate and knock out the condemned. That solves the pain and suffering issue entirely (although some criminals deserve to suffer). After knocking them out, kill them in their sleep. No fancy, expensive drugs are needed. No secret formula is needed. Simply soak a rag in chloroform and keep it fastened over the criminal's face. The executioner doesn't have to see the face this way, too. Chloroform rag is eventually lethal on its own as well.
4563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


Kerst wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

personally believe this is barbaric...
backwards etc.


You mean the dead penalty or dead by gun quad ? Because legal injection seen like the worst of all.


Lethal injection is relatively painless as the person falls into sleep first. However the firing squad will only be used if they have no drugs for lethal injection.


You have no seen then the horrendous dead by it then. The company that use to make the dose stop supplying and of result, the people doing the killing have to come up with a new dose, has result it has cause some of did worst and most excruciating deads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEiYphLDRUU


Botched lethal injection takes nearly two hours to kill Arizona inmate
An execution taking place in Arizona tonight appears to have gone horribly awry. According to a report from the Associated Press, inmate Joseph Rudolph Wood "gasped and snorted" and was still alive more than an hour after the execution began. Wood was not pronounced dead until 3:49PM MT, one hour and 57 minutes after the beginning of the procedure.

Wood's lawyers filed an emergency appeal during the execution, noting that he was "gasping and snorting for more than an hour" but was still alive some 70 minutes after the execution began. The whole process should have taken 10 minutes, Wood's lawyers said.

Wood had been attempting to delay the execution by claiming his First Amendment rights were violated because the state wouldn't release details on what specific drugs he was being injected with. It's becoming more and more common for states to use new combinations of drugs as the time-tested options are currently in short supply in many states.

This botched execution comes seven months after an untested lethal injection drug combination took more than 20 minutes to kill a prisoner in Ohio; reports claimed similar gasping and snorting throughout the process. More recently, a botched execution took place in Oklahoma in late April in which an inmate ended up dying of a heart attack 40 minutes after the procedure began.

The Obama administration quickly denounced it as inhumane, but it isn't a completely new problem — some estimates show that seven percent of all lethal injections are botched in one way or another. There's no word yet on whether Arizona will put a halt on any future executions until it sorts out what went wrong here, as Oklahoma did.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/23/5931739/botched-lethal-injection-takes-nearly-two-hours-to-kill-arizona-inmate

You were saying ?


You apparently didn't read my response. Or maybe I should elaborate lethal injection is only painful if done wrongly because no competant doctor would oversee and check every number because they would be shunned in the medical instuition. As it's against their oath to assist in death when you take a oath to save life. It takes year to learn the right to give anesthesia and not something that can just be given. You look at articles but you don't know the facts about hows it's done or the times it's done wrong. Lethal injection is painless unless messed up by human error, but even filling someone with bullets can be cause to human error.
Posted 3/25/15
But in all honestly I rather be shot than have lethal injection.
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15
I don't think giving government the power to legally it's citizens is a particularly bright idea, I would have thought Americans who are generally considerably less trusting in the power of the state than us Brits would agree. I am against it purely on moral grounds, I don't believe in taking life when their are other options, not everyone is going to hold this to be true. However is I also see allot of purely practical reasons to abandon it in favour of life without the possibility of parole, the lack of evidence of a deterrent effect, possibility of executing Innocent person, the excessive cost of running a death penalty while attempting to giving the accused due process.

People often say I would feel differently if it was my child and I'm inclined to agree but I also feel that the death of a child is a situation were I'm unlikely to making good decisions. If the inverse were true and my child were to be executed when I thought them innocent I don't know what I would do either, at least with life imprisonment their is a chance to fix a mistake.

There's also worrying tendency to politicise the death penalty as a way of showing how tough on crime you are as a politician.
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

But in all honestly I rather be shot than have lethal injection.


Same here. Just the thought of feeling the injection and the seconds or minutes it takes to do it's job.......Id much rather close my eyes and wait for a bullet.
3085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/15
Monty Python's Flying Circus Episode 34:

Volley of shots from the firing squad. Long pause.
Officer : How could you miss?
Soldier : He moved.
Officer : Shut up! Go and practice. I'm so sorry. Do you mind waiting in your cell?
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15
Interestingly enough people deliberately missing during firing squad executions is a real thing, it was one of the reasons for the introduction of the conscience bullet system.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/15 , edited 3/25/15
I suspect somebody will challenge this law as being "cruel and unusual punishment".
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/15

dsjb wrote:

Interestingly enough people deliberately missing during firing squad executions is a real thing, it was one of the reasons for the introduction of the conscience bullet system.


which i doubt actually means anything, it is an excuse carried out so the argument can be used later.

you can feel a marked difference between a blank and live round as well, the physics of the 2 things are entirely different.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.