Post Reply What is this "Shinji Gift" ?
6022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
http://puu.sh/gQfEr/e7e36b42b6.png

No idea what it is, I just decided to check my payments and that appears at the top of the list.

Anyone know what it is?
104433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

Woddles wrote:

No idea what it is, I just decided to check my payments and that appears at the top of the list.

That is the format used for free subscription time granted by CR. (Shinji is the username of the top guy at CR).

I've only personally seen a $0 value attached to a 2 week free trial, so I assume you've received some compensatory free time of less than 1 month for some issue.

6022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


Woddles wrote:

No idea what it is, I just decided to check my payments and that appears at the top of the list.

That is the format used for free subscription time granted by CR. (Shinji is the username of the top guy at CR).

I've only personally seen a $0 value attached to a 2 week free trial, so I assume you've received some compensatory free time of less than 1 month for some issue.



Oh, it could be to do with an issue NZ users including myself were having a while back where we were being region-locked to a random country and unable to watch most of the latest Anime that were screening at the time.


Strange that it's still there though, I would've thought that compensation would've finished by now.. Unless it's waiting for my 3month recurring subscription to lapse, then use up the 'free' subscription time (which would make more sense).
38294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
because of CR closing the artist ally the will refund those who put the time and effort into it with a year subscribtion of CR anime
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In my head.
Offline
Posted 3/16/17
Does a shinji gift bump you down from premium watching privileges? I am having problems where I am seen as a premium member but getting no simulcasts same day, ads, etc.

Any answers out there?

Izumi24
Otter Modder
51191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 3/16/17
No, that isn't the case. Sometimes user accounts can get in a weird state though. Try the same things like removing your device found here: /acct/?action=devices and trying to log in. If that doesn't work, you'll want to /contact and see if they can get you sorted out.
7009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/17 , edited 4/2/17
My account says "Premium" says I have a "shinji's gift" and I can't watch shows without ads, can't add a premium membership because I "already have one" and this is on all devices including my browser. What can I do to try and fix this so I'm not waiting on their abysmally slow support?
59600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 4/3/17

broloth_ wrote:

My account says "Premium" says I have a "shinji's gift" and I can't watch shows without ads, can't add a premium membership because I "already have one" and this is on all devices including my browser. What can I do to try and fix this so I'm not waiting on their abysmally slow support?


You should /contact customer support for account/billing issues like those you're describing.
You must be logged in to post.