First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Do You Know What's Awesome?
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
I had an awesome moment today before I took my Corporate Finance exam:

I found out that my professor really likes K-dramas! Before we started the exam, he joked about how he was going to eat his sandwich and watch his Korean Drama while we suffered and took his exam. Because I sit in the front row, during the whole exam, we gossiped about our favorite K-dramas and he chastised me for not having watched Tazza yet. I honestly think this is the best exam environment I've ever had and it really helped me to relax. (I have horrible test anxiety.)

To be honest, this isn't the first time this has happened! I had this really scary Trig professor from Russia...(She scared ALL of us and was a /very/ hard professor. Out of 70 students, only 6 took her final to try and pass her class. I was one of those 6.) I was in her office hours EVERY DAY, when one day, I noticed she was watching a Korean Drama before I had come in. After that, she wasn't scary and we gossiped about how awesome Korean Historical Dramas were.

So have you guys found out if any of your professors/teachers are into foreign dramas or even anime?
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
on tuesday earlier this week, found out my manager is a big fan of studio ghibli films.

was surprised he was a fan. i work with like people who are in their 40/50's... am truly shocked.
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
When I was in school I never learned much about my teachers likes/dislikes except one science teacher who was into Star Wars. Found that out when he told us how he confiscated a Star Wars handheld game and said he was just going to play it while we worked. He later pretended that a meter stick was a lightsaber before accidentally throwing it across the room. He also played guitar. Beyond that I only know of another teacher who loved taking various pills.

Dramas or anime though? Nope.
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
There's this teacher at my high school that puts on anime in her class.. but she's the Japanese teacher, so does that count? Lol
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

on tuesday earlier this week, found out my manager is a big fan of studio ghibli films.

was surprised he was a fan. i work with like people who are in their 40/50's... am truly shocked.


Oh wow! That must make work more enjoyable!
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

When I was in school I never learned much about my teachers likes/dislikes except one science teacher who was into Star Wars. Found that out when he told us how he confiscated a Star Wars handheld game and said he was just going to play it while we worked. He later pretended that a meter stick was a lightsaber before accidentally throwing it across the room. He also played guitar. Beyond that I only know of another teacher who loved taking various pills.

Dramas or anime though? Nope.


LOL That's /too/ funny. The crazy teachers are the best in my opinion. At least you can never be bored when your teacher is pretending to be a Jedi Master!
17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
lol this thread.
reminds me life can still be awesome.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

narutosonic330 wrote:

There's this teacher at my high school that puts on anime in her class.. but she's the Japanese teacher, so does that count? Lol


I think that counts And it makes sense because that's a big motivator as to why a lot of people take Japanese in high school/college. I really like it when language professors do this. I think it's a great way to learn a language by watching foreign films. One of my friends from China learned English by watching Gone With the Wind 37 times before she came to America.
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
Lol, I was never scared of any of my professors (back in the days T_T)
I did similar degree after giving up on Chemical Engineering.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

severticas wrote:

Lol, I was never scared of any of my professors (back in the days T_T)
I did similar degree after giving up on Chemical Engineering.


Hahaha well, my Russian professor literally threw someone's phone against the desk once while yelling at them in Russian. I'm more intimidated by some of my past professors. I did a similar thing in college...going from a Mechanical Engineering degree to a Business degree.
Posted 3/26/15

PruBenAzul wrote:


severticas wrote:

Lol, I was never scared of any of my professors (back in the days T_T)
I did similar degree after giving up on Chemical Engineering.


Hahaha well, my Russian professor literally threw someone's phone against the desk once while yelling at them in Russian. I'm more intimidated by some of my past professors. I did a similar thing in college...going from a Mechanical Engineering degree to a Business degree.


Haha, she sounds feisty. My best teacher was the scariest in one of the schools I went to. He's the one who made me believe in myself and he was a language teacher. Uni was fairly fun compared to college/school. I think this is what many dyslexics would agree with me over, we only properly figure things out when we get to Uni lol. I was under the radar though since I moved schools a lot as a youngin, they only figured and focused on me way too late. Thanks to my ma, I did alright and she was the scariest teacher I've ever had.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

severticas wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:


severticas wrote:

Lol, I was never scared of any of my professors (back in the days T_T)
I did similar degree after giving up on Chemical Engineering.


Hahaha well, my Russian professor literally threw someone's phone against the desk once while yelling at them in Russian. I'm more intimidated by some of my past professors. I did a similar thing in college...going from a Mechanical Engineering degree to a Business degree.


Haha, she sounds feisty. My best teacher was the scariest in one of the schools I went to. He's the one who made me believe in myself and he was a language teacher. Uni was fairly fun compared to college/school. I think this is what many dyslexics would agree with me over, we only properly figure things out when we get to Uni lol. I was under the radar though since I moved schools a lot as a youngin, they only figured and focused on me way too late. Thanks to my ma, I did alright and she was the scariest teacher I've ever had.


She was awesome. She reminds me of Esdeath from Akame ga Kill with how she would be scary and then fangirl over K-dramas.
Whoa! I'm dyslexic as well! I couldn't handle Differential Equations because I couldn't read the matrix math! I switched majors shortly after that class. I've had a couple of great marketing professors and I'm going to be interning as an office manager concentrating on marketing in the fall.

That's great that you had that teacher that believed in you and made a great impact on your life. I think teachers are very important to us and help make us the people we are today. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses; it's just a matter of finding out what those things are.
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15

PruBenAzul wrote:

She was awesome. She reminds me of Esdeath from Akame ga Kill with how she would be scary and then fangirl over K-dramas.
Whoa! I'm dyslexic as well! I couldn't handle Differential Equations because I couldn't read the matrix math! I switched majors shortly after that class. I've had a couple of great marketing professors and I'm going to be interning as an office manager concentrating on marketing in the fall.

That's great that you had that teacher that believed in you and made a great impact on your life. I think teachers are very important to us and help make us the people we are today. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses; it's just a matter of finding out what those things are.


He didn't have that much of an impact would shout at me before a test (I dreaded tests so much lol) but i wasn't intimidated xD. I later figured, when I left the school, that he was probably the only teacher I could remember properly and thus appreciated his efforts. And yes, I agree with you. It's not a shame to be different even if you have a tendency of understanding everything perfectly but forgetting the next week haha. You learn tricks once you know your weaknesses however ;).. and that's the best part.
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15

PruBenAzul wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

When I was in school I never learned much about my teachers likes/dislikes except one science teacher who was into Star Wars. Found that out when he told us how he confiscated a Star Wars handheld game and said he was just going to play it while we worked. He later pretended that a meter stick was a lightsaber before accidentally throwing it across the room. He also played guitar. Beyond that I only know of another teacher who loved taking various pills.

Dramas or anime though? Nope.


LOL That's /too/ funny. The crazy teachers are the best in my opinion. At least you can never be bored when your teacher is pretending to be a Jedi Master!


Yea. He was one of the oddest teachers I had and kept things very relaxed in there. It was like freshman science though so it's not like it was all that complicated to begin with. Him and the pill popping teacher who played movies nonstop were definite standouts.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15

severticas wrote:


PruBenAzul wrote:

She was awesome. She reminds me of Esdeath from Akame ga Kill with how she would be scary and then fangirl over K-dramas.
Whoa! I'm dyslexic as well! I couldn't handle Differential Equations because I couldn't read the matrix math! I switched majors shortly after that class. I've had a couple of great marketing professors and I'm going to be interning as an office manager concentrating on marketing in the fall.

That's great that you had that teacher that believed in you and made a great impact on your life. I think teachers are very important to us and help make us the people we are today. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses; it's just a matter of finding out what those things are.


He didn't have that much of an impact would shout at me before a test (I dreaded tests so much lol) but i wasn't intimidated xD. I later figured, when I left the school, that he was probably the only teacher I could remember properly and thus appreciated his efforts. And yes, I agree with you. It's not a shame to be different even if you have a tendency of understanding everything perfectly but forgetting the next week haha. You learn tricks once you know your weaknesses however ;).. and that's the best part.


Oh gosh! I would cry if a professor yelled at me before an exam! Quirky teachers are still the best~
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.