First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Indiana: First Amendment Rights or Bigotry?
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15
It is discrimination and CHIMEKO are not happy with this.

>:(
17270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 3/31/15



Please educate yourself on that matter before saying such things. People are born gay/hetero/bi/whatever. That's not a choice. Scientists are on my side, so... ^^
11033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/31/15

Nalaniel wrote:




Please educate yourself on that matter before saying such things. People are born gay/hetero/bi/whatever. That's not a choice. Scientists are on my side, so... ^^


I am more prone to believe people are born into their orientation, but I am not saying that is so.

My comment is more on the 'Scientists are on my side' part. Scientists are on every side of every issue, they are not nearly as reliable as you may like to believe. The world is warming, the world is cooling, the world is round, the world is flat, coffee is good, coffee is bad, chocolate is good, chocolate is bad. These are just some of the arguments scientists have had/are having amongst themselves and the list just keeps going and going and going. Even the everyday favorite of the Big Bang has recently come under fire as being impossible.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Educate yourself and do your best to figure out your opinion, and know that it is only your opinion no matter how many people you force to believe it. Most people seem to forget the second part of that.
17270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 3/31/15

DarphBobo wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:




Please educate yourself on that matter before saying such things. People are born gay/hetero/bi/whatever. That's not a choice. Scientists are on my side, so... ^^


I am more prone to believe people are born into their orientation, but I am not saying that is so.

My comment is more on the 'Scientists are on my side' part. Scientists are on every side of every issue, they are not nearly as reliable as you may like to believe. The world is warming, the world is cooling, the world is round, the world is flat, coffee is good, coffee is bad, chocolate is good, chocolate is bad. These are just some of the arguments scientists have had/are having amongst themselves and the list just keeps going and going and going. Even the everyday favorite of the Big Bang has recently come under fire as being impossible.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Educate yourself and do your best to figure out your opinion, and know that it is only your opinion no matter how many people you force to believe it. Most people seem to forget the second part of that.


I'm sorry. It won't happen again, sir. Fuck my arrogance...
The point of my post was to hate on discrimination. I just can't stand when people are judged by their sexual orientation...
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 4/20/15
It isn't a "religious freedom law". It is a " right to discriminate" law and it is bullshit. Just another way they are trying to drag America backwards. Some of these Christians make me so angry. These Christians who want a law like this so they are free to discriminate...do you people remember "Do unto others as you'd have others do unto you"? How about "He who is without sin shall cast the first stone"? What about "You should love even your enemies, as even the tax collector's love their own families". How about the fact that Jesus dined with and bestowed love to corrupt people and a variety of different types of sinners? Some of the Christians in America...certain ones that think they are so good, and judge and condemn many, but yet, these Christians aren't so good like they think...I'm reminded of some lyrics from a song written by Johnny Cash: "They want the kingdom, but they don't want God in it"...
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15

DarphBobo wrote:

My comment is more on the 'Scientists are on my side' part. Scientists are on every side of every issue, they are not nearly as reliable as you may like to believe. The world is warming, the world is cooling, the world is round, the world is flat, coffee is good, coffee is bad, chocolate is good, chocolate is bad. These are just some of the arguments scientists have had/are having amongst themselves and the list just keeps going and going and going. Even the everyday favorite of the Big Bang has recently come under fire as being impossible.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Educate yourself and do your best to figure out your opinion, and know that it is only your opinion no matter how many people you force to believe it. Most people seem to forget the second part of that.



I see the point your trying to make and I agree in this case the development of sexual orientation is not as well understood as say evolutionary theory or Electromagnetism, However casting out the concept that there are scientists on every side of a issue so "who knows what science thinks" isn't very helpful. Science and the development of scientific consensus on issue as the evidence builds is pretty much the most powerful utility we have for establishing how natural systems work. I can find you a scientist who will as you say come out on the side of flat earth (especially if you pay them allot of money which works very well for the non anthropomorphic global warming crowd), HOWEVER when the vast majority of published peer reviewed journals come out on one side of a issue you should probably take notice. We've kinda achieved quite allot using the scientific method and its a better thing to use as a basis for the facts you make decisions on than well anything else that we have so far found.
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15

DarphBobo wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:




Please educate yourself on that matter before saying such things. People are born gay/hetero/bi/whatever. That's not a choice. Scientists are on my side, so... ^^


I am more prone to believe people are born into their orientation, but I am not saying that is so.

My comment is more on the 'Scientists are on my side' part. Scientists are on every side of every issue, they are not nearly as reliable as you may like to believe. The world is warming, the world is cooling, the world is round, the world is flat, coffee is good, coffee is bad, chocolate is good, chocolate is bad. These are just some of the arguments scientists have had/are having amongst themselves and the list just keeps going and going and going. Even the everyday favorite of the Big Bang has recently come under fire as being impossible.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Educate yourself and do your best to figure out your opinion, and know that it is only your opinion no matter how many people you force to believe it. Most people seem to forget the second part of that.

You do realize no major body of science is against anthropocentric Global Warming right? I think general consensus' should count too. As if those so called "religious" scientists should be considered seriously. I realize now some studies are just faked or otherwised BSed in order to achieve a desirable income, and those scientists shouldn't be trusted. I considered peer reviewed studies to be accurate and classifiable as fact. In other words, it is currently a fact, and I'm sticking to it. I mean, it isn't a theory like the big bang theory.
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I guess what I am trying to say is: Educate yourself and do your best to figure out your opinion, and know that it is only your opinion no matter how many people you force to believe it. Most people seem to forget the second part of that.
You do realize no major body of science is against anthropocentric Global Warming right? I think general consensus' should count too. As if those so called "religious" scientists should be considered seriously. I realize now some studies are just faked or otherwised BSed in order to achieve a desirable income, and those scientists shouldn't be trusted. I considered peer reviewed studies to be accurate and classifiable as fact. In other words, it is currently a fact, and I'm sticking to it. I mean, it isn't a theory like the big bang theory.


Actually a theory is basically as good as it gets in science, it does not mean the same thing as the layperson use of the word. In science a reasonable definition for a theory would be an "explanation of a collection of facts derived from repeated observation or experimentation" The strength of a theory could reasonably be measured by its predictive utility.
5052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / MA
Offline
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15
A private business can serve who ever they want. If they discriminate, people will naturally stop shopping there. The government doesn't have to step in at all. If it makes you so upset, shop somewhere else ya dingus.

That gay couple out in Arizona? They got turned down, it sucks, sure, but how many other bakeries are in Arizona alone? Would you want to buy a cake, something that takes time and effort and love, from someone who you know, deep down disapproves of your life style? Do you expect the man who disapproves to do a complete 180 on his beliefs? Tolerance goes both ways boys and girls, it's a tough fact to accept that some people are still homophobes, but you need to learn to tolerate them, attempting to force someone to see things your way only builds contempt and hatred. Live the way you want to, treat others (even the one's that dislike you) with civility, and you will see people's perspectives slowly change. And that's just how change is, it's a slow process, and you can't force it.
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15

camelbackcinema wrote:

A private business can serve who ever they want. If they discriminate, people will naturally stop shopping there. The government doesn't have to step in at all. If it makes you so upset, shop somewhere else ya dingus.

That gay couple out in Arizona? They got turned down, it sucks, sure, but how many other bakeries are in Arizona alone? Would you want to buy a cake, something that takes time and effort and love, from someone who you know, deep down disapproves of your life style? Do you expect the man who disapproves to do a complete 180 on his beliefs? Tolerance goes both ways boys and girls, it's a tough fact to accept that some people are still homophobes, but you need to learn to tolerate them, attempting to force someone to see things your way only builds contempt and hatred. Live the way you want to, treat others (even the one's that dislike you) with civility, and you will see people's perspectives slowly change. And that's just how change is, it's a slow process, and you can't force it.


What's the difference between a private business and a public business? O_O I thought nearly all businesses had to allow. I mean, if we're not allowed to discriminate on race, why not sexual orientation?
5052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / MA
Offline
Posted 3/31/15 , edited 3/31/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


camelbackcinema wrote:

A private business can serve who ever they want. If they discriminate, people will naturally stop shopping there. The government doesn't have to step in at all. If it makes you so upset, shop somewhere else ya dingus.

That gay couple out in Arizona? They got turned down, it sucks, sure, but how many other bakeries are in Arizona alone? Would you want to buy a cake, something that takes time and effort and love, from someone who you know, deep down disapproves of your life style? Do you expect the man who disapproves to do a complete 180 on his beliefs? Tolerance goes both ways boys and girls, it's a tough fact to accept that some people are still homophobes, but you need to learn to tolerate them, attempting to force someone to see things your way only builds contempt and hatred. Live the way you want to, treat others (even the one's that dislike you) with civility, and you will see people's perspectives slowly change. And that's just how change is, it's a slow process, and you can't force it.


What's the difference between a private business and a public business? O_O




A private business is privately owned. It has no ties to the government, receives no funding, ect.
A public business (which i honestly can't think of any) would have ties to the government through funding.

Plus it's not a crime to refuse service to someone based on race or orientation, but it can be brought forth as a civil suit, not too sure how that works though. I personally think that if you pay the bills for a place, and pay your taxes, you can do whatever. If you're running a shitty business that acts shitty towards people, then you won't stay in business long anyways.
Posted 3/31/15

camelbackcinema wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


camelbackcinema wrote:

A private business can serve who ever they want. If they discriminate, people will naturally stop shopping there. The government doesn't have to step in at all. If it makes you so upset, shop somewhere else ya dingus.

That gay couple out in Arizona? They got turned down, it sucks, sure, but how many other bakeries are in Arizona alone? Would you want to buy a cake, something that takes time and effort and love, from someone who you know, deep down disapproves of your life style? Do you expect the man who disapproves to do a complete 180 on his beliefs? Tolerance goes both ways boys and girls, it's a tough fact to accept that some people are still homophobes, but you need to learn to tolerate them, attempting to force someone to see things your way only builds contempt and hatred. Live the way you want to, treat others (even the one's that dislike you) with civility, and you will see people's perspectives slowly change. And that's just how change is, it's a slow process, and you can't force it.


What's the difference between a private business and a public business? O_O




A private business is privately owned. It has no ties to the government, receives no funding, ect.
A public business (which i honestly can't think of any) would have ties to the government through funding.


I done some searching up and it appears that Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 -- the federal law which prohibits discrimination by private businesses which are places of public accommodation -- only prevents businesses from refusing service based on race, color, religion, or national origin.

So wait...basically you're saying it's okay for private businesses to deny services to black people or gay people? O_O
21093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/31/15

Icewolf1561 wrote:

All of this comes down to the fact that LGBT can't handle that there are people out there that can't agree with there personal "CHOICES." So they go around yelling and crying discrimination when someone says "No I can't serve you cause my personal "CHOICE" to believe in god and follow what "I believe," is different than what they "believe." I personally don't care if your LGBT or not. If you wouldn't go around flaunting that you are LGBT and rubbing it in peoples faces, cause every time someone disagrees with you, your going to start crying and yelling discrimination for your personal "CHOICE." Pushing your " CHOICES" on someone is just going to make it worse.


Ahh, and so it really comes out. Nice.
Posted 3/31/15

camelbackcinema wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


camelbackcinema wrote:

A private business can serve who ever they want. If they discriminate, people will naturally stop shopping there. The government doesn't have to step in at all. If it makes you so upset, shop somewhere else ya dingus.

That gay couple out in Arizona? They got turned down, it sucks, sure, but how many other bakeries are in Arizona alone? Would you want to buy a cake, something that takes time and effort and love, from someone who you know, deep down disapproves of your life style? Do you expect the man who disapproves to do a complete 180 on his beliefs? Tolerance goes both ways boys and girls, it's a tough fact to accept that some people are still homophobes, but you need to learn to tolerate them, attempting to force someone to see things your way only builds contempt and hatred. Live the way you want to, treat others (even the one's that dislike you) with civility, and you will see people's perspectives slowly change. And that's just how change is, it's a slow process, and you can't force it.


What's the difference between a private business and a public business? O_O




A private business is privately owned. It has no ties to the government, receives no funding, ect.
A public business (which i honestly can't think of any) would have ties to the government through funding.

Plus it's not a crime to refuse service to someone based on race or orientation, but it can be brought forth as a civil suit, not too sure how that works though. I personally think that if you pay the bills for a place, and pay your taxes, you can do whatever. If you're running a shitty business that acts shitty towards people, then you won't stay in business long anyways.


But it is illegal.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.