First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply The World is Burning
27562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 4/1/15

A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:



Well, you can buy my claim or not but considering you don't know me personally, it means nothing.

Dying alone. When I say this, I am speaking literally. When we die, that's it, only the individual dies and nobody else. "Living your life in such a way that has a tremendous impact to people" is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. It's another waste of time. Making people remember you won't bring you back or do anything else. It also holds the person who remembers you back and prevents them from moving forward.

Anyway, we're probably getting off track from the original post, so we'll just wrap this up as I believe helping people or relying on their help is what makes a person weak and worthless. You seem to think otherwise.


from your quotes and statements, i think you are a very bitter person with a very pessimistic outlook on life, thankfully not everyone thinks like you do, otherwise we we would be doomed. Being remembered after you die is far from a stupid thing, everybody wants to leave a legacy behind that will live long after they die. And I do not see how the person who remembers you is preventing them from moving forward, if anything it pushes them to strive for the same greatness that you attained, which is why you are being remembered in the first place.
And I'm not arguing for complete reliance and dependence on others, but in certain situations and scenarios, you are going to need the help of others. and this is where altruism comes you, but apparently you have never been in that situation, which is astonishing to me. where do you live?


Yes, I am a bitter and pessimistic person, congratulations for seeing the obvious. The world is also doomed so it really does not matter if others think like me or not. You say "everybody" wants to leave a legacy behind that will live long after they die. That is incorrect. You're claiming to speak on behalf of all 7 billion people in the world, and considering I am one of the certain to be, many of those who will agree with me, your statement there is wrong. Even if it's only one person, it still disproves a claim like that.
Now, what's the point in "attaining greatness"? When we die, we leave everything behind. Unless you've perfected immortality, it's just going to go to waste. Screw the next generation, and humanity will surely be the reason for the world ending.

You say you're not arguing for complete reliance and dependence on others. I am willing to admit that there are obvious scenarios where you'll need assistance from others. An example: Having to move heavy furniture, obviously a two or more person job regardless of how much you wouldn't want to accept it. I still refuse to call it help, rather "obvious required assistance". In times, however, where people WANT to help you, but you don't require it (say.. a relative or someone else you knew passed away), THEN relying on them for any sort of help is just plain weak...

I also live in Australia, although I fail to see how that's relevant.


since i don't personally know, i didn't want to state it as a fact when i have no reason of believing except for these responses we have shared. some people have a different internet persona than they have in r.l. and in regards to your location, i was just curious to see where a bitter person like yourself calls home

I would like to make a few things clear based on what you said, when i said everyone wants to leave a legacy behind, i was using everyone figuratively not literally. but i know for a fact the majority of people in the world would like to be remembered for something good they have done, no matter how small, and many fail to accomplish this because of how hard it is. I think this might be why someone like yourself will not even bother to do it, because you don't want to put in any effort and you are probably afraid of failing, so it is much easier to just not try. Also, i think your quality of life you are currently living will be significantly diminished if it was not for the people of the previous generation that came before you and "attained greatness" to help you a much better life now, i mean things like electricity, cars, etc. so you can say screw the next generation, if the people of the previous generation said the same thing, you probably won't have internet as a medium to make such statements. I also don't think depending on someone for comfort is weak, if anything, it makes you a strong person, having the courage to seek guidance when you are in need, rather than bottling it up inside.

I also made you admit that you have received help in your life, at least once. when you said "having to move furniture, obviously a two or more person job regardless of how much you wouldn't want to accept it" you might not want to call it help, but that is what help is, you can refuse to admit it, but I'm sorry to tell you that is the definition of help. google it.



Well be that as it may, I still believe helping others and accepting help by others is weak. I'm aware that I'm more or less contradicting myself here but I still stand by it. This world is doomed.
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 4/1/15

saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:



Well, you can buy my claim or not but considering you don't know me personally, it means nothing.

Dying alone. When I say this, I am speaking literally. When we die, that's it, only the individual dies and nobody else. "Living your life in such a way that has a tremendous impact to people" is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. It's another waste of time. Making people remember you won't bring you back or do anything else. It also holds the person who remembers you back and prevents them from moving forward.

Anyway, we're probably getting off track from the original post, so we'll just wrap this up as I believe helping people or relying on their help is what makes a person weak and worthless. You seem to think otherwise.


from your quotes and statements, i think you are a very bitter person with a very pessimistic outlook on life, thankfully not everyone thinks like you do, otherwise we we would be doomed. Being remembered after you die is far from a stupid thing, everybody wants to leave a legacy behind that will live long after they die. And I do not see how the person who remembers you is preventing them from moving forward, if anything it pushes them to strive for the same greatness that you attained, which is why you are being remembered in the first place.
And I'm not arguing for complete reliance and dependence on others, but in certain situations and scenarios, you are going to need the help of others. and this is where altruism comes you, but apparently you have never been in that situation, which is astonishing to me. where do you live?


Yes, I am a bitter and pessimistic person, congratulations for seeing the obvious. The world is also doomed so it really does not matter if others think like me or not. You say "everybody" wants to leave a legacy behind that will live long after they die. That is incorrect. You're claiming to speak on behalf of all 7 billion people in the world, and considering I am one of the certain to be, many of those who will agree with me, your statement there is wrong. Even if it's only one person, it still disproves a claim like that.
Now, what's the point in "attaining greatness"? When we die, we leave everything behind. Unless you've perfected immortality, it's just going to go to waste. Screw the next generation, and humanity will surely be the reason for the world ending.

You say you're not arguing for complete reliance and dependence on others. I am willing to admit that there are obvious scenarios where you'll need assistance from others. An example: Having to move heavy furniture, obviously a two or more person job regardless of how much you wouldn't want to accept it. I still refuse to call it help, rather "obvious required assistance". In times, however, where people WANT to help you, but you don't require it (say.. a relative or someone else you knew passed away), THEN relying on them for any sort of help is just plain weak...

I also live in Australia, although I fail to see how that's relevant.


since i don't personally know, i didn't want to state it as a fact when i have no reason of believing except for these responses we have shared. some people have a different internet persona than they have in r.l. and in regards to your location, i was just curious to see where a bitter person like yourself calls home

I would like to make a few things clear based on what you said, when i said everyone wants to leave a legacy behind, i was using everyone figuratively not literally. but i know for a fact the majority of people in the world would like to be remembered for something good they have done, no matter how small, and many fail to accomplish this because of how hard it is. I think this might be why someone like yourself will not even bother to do it, because you don't want to put in any effort and you are probably afraid of failing, so it is much easier to just not try. Also, i think your quality of life you are currently living will be significantly diminished if it was not for the people of the previous generation that came before you and "attained greatness" to help you a much better life now, i mean things like electricity, cars, etc. so you can say screw the next generation, if the people of the previous generation said the same thing, you probably won't have internet as a medium to make such statements. I also don't think depending on someone for comfort is weak, if anything, it makes you a strong person, having the courage to seek guidance when you are in need, rather than bottling it up inside.

I also made you admit that you have received help in your life, at least once. when you said "having to move furniture, obviously a two or more person job regardless of how much you wouldn't want to accept it" you might not want to call it help, but that is what help is, you can refuse to admit it, but I'm sorry to tell you that is the definition of help. google it.



Well be that as it may, I still believe helping others and accepting help by others is weak. I'm aware that I'm more or less contradicting myself here but I still stand by it. This world is doomed.


i guess we could end it there lol, and yes I agree with the fact that the world is doomed. it can only be saved if we get our act together and start fixing these issues.
61998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 4/1/15


sweet maybe thats why it isn't as expensive for m to buy things with a euro price tag anymore
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 4/1/15
So who brought the marshmallows, then?
5955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / NB / US
Offline
Posted 4/1/15 , edited 4/1/15
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

"being diagnosed with depression"

Well that explains the negative outlook/perspective on the world. Not denying these things happen. But take the good with the bad.
Posted 4/3/15
Implementers are never and will never become important, people with ideas, that's what's needed. Yes, protests are useless
Posted 4/3/15 , edited 4/3/15


Lol, do what I do, pick out the words that jump out and use that.

For me it was:
- Implement
- Depression
- Protest

then I got lazy lol
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 4/3/15
The world is burning?


Good!
Posted 4/3/15

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

The world is burning?


Good!


lol, thought you'd be down with flooding...you traitor!
31839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/3/15

TaiskaFaith wrote:

The day that I can't access the internet... now that would truly be the end of days

All you can continue to do is do the best you can and enjoy the time you have on this earth.
listen to this lady she speaks the truth

27846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/3/15
Rather it burn then freeze. I hate the cold...

I'm going to take a saying from Natsu about the world burning... "I'm all fired up!"
21880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / The Bahamas
Offline
Posted 4/3/15


*drops the mic and leaves*
Posted 4/3/15


Well, I broke my rule of not posting on this site anymore after seeing this chain. I don't know if it goes on, but I'll remind you that there are a lot of people that like to pretend they are edgy by spouting nonsense. I won't address the comments on trampling on the weak because I can never accept it. One good deed can cause ripples, you know? Even smaller things that aren't an actual deed - you can give someone a smile with one.

I find it sad for people to misinterpret science principles for such a petty ideology. You may as well try to cut people in every line you will ever stand in ---- only the very strong and confrontational will yell at you and "the weak" will just pretend it didn't bother them, right? But I know for a fact that person doesn't believe so strongly in his rhetoric to do such a thing.

Anyways - what I wanted to say, you're mature beyond your years, A-Eky. Even if the world was burning, I have some hope in people and it was fate that I randomly decided to lurk and randomly see your post. Of course, if your responses were part of an April Fools joke, I'd be sad, but I'll believe you're a kind person. If the world was thought to be doomed, which would be more pathetic? Those that give up and not try to solve problems (and even try to discourage others from changing) or those that, though powerless on a large scale, are trying to do their best even in small ways? Anyways, thanks again, A-Eky. I'll try not to post again ^^;
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 4/3/15

severticas wrote:


Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

The world is burning?


Good!


lol, thought you'd be down with flooding...you traitor!





I'd rather seek hell on earth.

That calms me down.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.