First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply China cracks down on "explicit" anime
638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Midwest
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

Pizzeria wrote:

How can China ban Chinese cartoons doe


WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU JUST
won my heart
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Oklahoma
Online
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 5/30/15
I think that this is kind of a regular for China. Banning stuff that is weird to them.
17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Online
Posted 4/2/15
well, HOTD has moments of almost softcore.
and its funny blood c is mentioned for its beheading scene. its pretty bloodly all the way through.
but really, does china still think its 1930?
Sogno- 
45756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/2/15

Pizzeria wrote:

How can China ban Chinese cartoons doe


O no it's a dysfunctional government :o

Oh wait...
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15
What about the outrageously graphic Chinese films and series that feature bloodthirsty "subhuman savage" Japanese soldiers from WW2/Second Sino War who commit (unfortunately historically true) and horrific things? And what about the Chinese who do horrible and very graphic things in turn to them? These things are shown at all times and prime time on Chinese TV constantly.

Is that not too explicit for the Chinese, or is it okay because WW2/Second Sino War is a constant thorn in their side and the hatred for Japan runs very deep to this day?

I admit, many anime (and manga!) are sickeningly graphic in different ways, but come now China...

Posted 4/2/15

teallerina wrote:

What about the outrageously graphic Chinese films and series that feature bloodthirsty "subhuman savage" Japanese soldiers from WW2/Second Sino War who commit (unfortunately historically true) and horrific things? And what about the Chinese who do horrible and very graphic things in turn to them? These things are shown at all times and prime time on Chinese TV constantly.

Is that not too explicit for the Chinese, or is it okay because WW2/Second Sino War is a constant thorn in their side and the hatred for Japan runs very deep to this day?

I admit, many anime (and manga!) are sickeningly graphic in different ways, but come now China...



Agreed. Not war-related but The Untold Story comes to mind and it's not even an isolated case. There's an abundance of these estranged-serial-killer-type thriller films in Chinese and Hong Kong cinema.
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 4/2/15

nemoskull wrote:

well, HOTD has moments of almost softcore.
and its funny blood c is mentioned for its beheading scene. its pretty bloodly all the way through.
but really, does china still think its 1930?


yeah it has lots of sexy wet grillz showing off and getting groped that´s why I like it so much and have that huge wallscroll in my room~ :3
China is just being china ... ie. stupid. :-( (The government I mean, not the people offcourse)
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15
That's China for you, two steps forward, one step back. Give it time, it seems their society has been getting a bit more Democratic lately.
23142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
Well, I mean, certain parts of blood C made me really sick to my stomach.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

jordancharacter wrote:

That's China for you, two steps forward, one step back. Give it time, it seems their society has been getting a bit more Democratic lately.


Nah, not really... If you look at how life is for most Chinese citizens then you can basically see them as slaves.

China is very poor esp when you come out to the villages around the country since they don't have enough money to help themselves or their families... So they start working for big factory companies only to get some food on their plate for them their children and elders.

the reason for this is because every company wants to make their products in China because it's cheaper and then they partner with factories like foxconn who forces their workers to work for 40 hours strait without a pause... Only to meet the expected numbers of products that outside companies have ordered. Yes it's true, not everyone in China have it like this... But it's the unfortunately the vast majority.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.
coat1 
14164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
War on Terror: Anime Edition
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 4/2/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.


Your point being? I shouldn´t be allowed to watch HOTD because YOU don´t like it? WTF?

I like ecchi shows, I like hot fanservice in my anime, and cool action, and HOTD had both. It´s a very popular show for a reason - a lot of people/hardcore anime fans like ecchi/harem/etc, just look at what some of the most popular shows on crunchyroll are. You also see a lot of cool cosplays of the show every season. You have no frikking right to tell others what anime they are (not) allowed to watch just because you didn´t enjoy it because it had too many titties in it. Let everyone enjoy their favorite anime in piece, will you? It´s not like we´re telling you what you can and can not watch, now do we? Would you like that? If someone came in and forbid you from watching your favourite show because (s)he didn´t like it? No? Then please don´t try to do it to others. I like ecchi and harem anime, as do a lot of other anime fans/convention goers/ crunchyrollers, we will keep watching them and openly enjoying them, and they will keep being made. If you don´t like them, watch something else, it´s that simple really.

Me? I can´t wait for the new season of to love ru darkness, if we´re talking about ecchi, and basically all my otaku friends can´t either. I hope crunchyroll gets it - they will definitely try since it will be one of *the* most hyped/popular/watched series of the season no doubt... but I just hope they succeed in licensing it especially for Europe since that´s where I live... :-/
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 4/2/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.


Besides, your post implies you watched the entire show and OVA yourself... do you want us to believe that is becuase you did not enjoy it? At all? You watched it because you hated it...?
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15
implying the chinese government cares about the well-being of its people..

Orwell was right in his predictions of the world slowly becoming totalitarian. China needs to pull the stick out of its ass and become a democracy and stop forcing their totalitarian regimes on its citizens.

Its okay for China to completely destroy the environment and cause entire villages to be covered in carcinogenic smog, but violent Japanese animation... well that's just too much.

I bet you, right about now.. President xi jinping, is jacking it off to HOTD hentai.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.