First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply China cracks down on "explicit" anime
10947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

eragon2890 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.


Besides, your post implies you watched the entire show and OVA yourself... do you want us to believe that is becuase you did not enjoy it? At all? You watched it because you hated it...?


people bashing on a series he/she didn't watch -> "stop bashing, you didn't even watch the series"
people bashing on a series he/she watched -> "why did you even watch if you don't like it?"

...
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

eragon2890 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.


Your point being? I shouldn´t be allowed to watch HOTD because YOU don´t like it? WTF?

You have no frikking right to tell others what anime they are (not) allowed to watch just because you didn´t enjoy it because it had too many titties in it. Let everyone enjoy their favorite anime in piece, will you? It´s not like we´re telling you what you can and can not watch, now do we? Would you like that? If someone came in and forbid you from watching your favourite show because (s)he didn´t like it? No? Then please don´t try to do it to others. I like ecchi and harem anime, as do a lot of other anime fans/convention goers/ crunchyrollers, we will keep watching them and openly enjoying them, and they will keep being made. If you don´t like them, watch something else, it´s that simple really.


Dude are you serious? Even though everyone and their friends watch porn @ 11 yo, doesn't mean it's legal in any country?! HELLO!? YES we have every "frikkin right to tell others what" they can and can't watch at what age! You have to be EIGHTEEN to watch porn. I'm just saying, China did the right thing by classifying HOTD as porn -_-. Geez, it's like you forgot that XXX is prohibited to minors or something. Do you think it's right that 11 yo watch HOTD? I didn't think so?

I don't agree that China banned porn since 1949, but hey, it's a communist country. If I were on all of your sides, I'd be arguing that not just hentai anime like HOTD should be unbanned, but also porn!

You're just mad because they banned an anime -_-, completely ignoring the fact that it's basically porn.
8852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


eragon2890 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.


Your point being? I shouldn´t be allowed to watch HOTD because YOU don´t like it? WTF?

You have no frikking right to tell others what anime they are (not) allowed to watch just because you didn´t enjoy it because it had too many titties in it. Let everyone enjoy their favorite anime in piece, will you? It´s not like we´re telling you what you can and can not watch, now do we? Would you like that? If someone came in and forbid you from watching your favourite show because (s)he didn´t like it? No? Then please don´t try to do it to others. I like ecchi and harem anime, as do a lot of other anime fans/convention goers/ crunchyrollers, we will keep watching them and openly enjoying them, and they will keep being made. If you don´t like them, watch something else, it´s that simple really.


Dude are you serious? Even though everyone and their friends watch porn @ 11 yo, doesn't mean it's legal in any country?! HELLO!? YES we have every "frikkin right to tell others what" they can and can't watch at what age! You have to be EIGHTEEN to watch porn. I'm just saying, China did the right thing by classifying HOTD as porn -_-. Geez, it's like you forgot that XXX is prohibited to minors or something. Do you think it's right that 11 yo watch HOTD? I didn't think so?

I don't agree that China banned porn since 1949, but hey, it's a communist country. If I were on all of your sides, I'd be arguing that not just hentai anime like HOTD should be unbanned, but also porn!

You're just mad because they banned an anime -_-, completely ignoring the fact that it's basically porn.


UH are we even talking about the same thing?? I am 23 man. TWENTY-THREE! I have been an adult for 5 years. so by your own words I should be able to watch this.

I think there is a misunderstanding here: me and my friends are all adults! We are comfortably OVER 18. That´s why I am saying we should be able to watch it! I think you´re misunderstanding what China did: they didn´t just ban it for minors. They ban it for everyone! off course 11 year olds shouldn´t be allowed to watch HOTD, but no-one was talking about that! China banned it for everyone, not just minors!

All I and all of us are saying is that as OVER-18's, we should be allowed to watch and enjoy it. which apparently you agree with. So how can you say you agree with what china did? They banned it for everyone, including the adults you say should be able to watch it. They didn´t just classify it as over 18, which would be fine, they outright banned it for the entire population.

And yes, I am mad they banned an anime, because as an ADULT, I should be able to watch a cool ecchi action anime (with also a quite good story) like HOTD. I think we can agree on that, can´t we...?
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

eragon2890 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:


eragon2890 wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

I have no idea why you're all thinking China's being ridiculous... Have you seen HOTD? And its OVA? I mean if we were talking about Sailor Moon, then I'd understand because the "transform" scene isn't really porno. But HOTD - it was basically a hentai -_-. I'm siding with China.


Your point being? I shouldn´t be allowed to watch HOTD because YOU don´t like it? WTF?

You have no frikking right to tell others what anime they are (not) allowed to watch just because you didn´t enjoy it because it had too many titties in it. Let everyone enjoy their favorite anime in piece, will you? It´s not like we´re telling you what you can and can not watch, now do we? Would you like that? If someone came in and forbid you from watching your favourite show because (s)he didn´t like it? No? Then please don´t try to do it to others. I like ecchi and harem anime, as do a lot of other anime fans/convention goers/ crunchyrollers, we will keep watching them and openly enjoying them, and they will keep being made. If you don´t like them, watch something else, it´s that simple really.


Dude are you serious? Even though everyone and their friends watch porn @ 11 yo, doesn't mean it's legal in any country?! HELLO!? YES we have every "frikkin right to tell others what" they can and can't watch at what age! You have to be EIGHTEEN to watch porn. I'm just saying, China did the right thing by classifying HOTD as porn -_-. Geez, it's like you forgot that XXX is prohibited to minors or something. Do you think it's right that 11 yo watch HOTD? I didn't think so?

I don't agree that China banned porn since 1949, but hey, it's a communist country. If I were on all of your sides, I'd be arguing that not just hentai anime like HOTD should be unbanned, but also porn!

You're just mad because they banned an anime -_-, completely ignoring the fact that it's basically porn.


UH are we even talking about the same thing?? I am 23 man. TWENTY-THREE! I have been an adult for 5 years. so by your own words I should be able to watch this.

I think there is a misunderstanding here: me and my friends are all adults! We are comfortably OVER 18. That´s why I am saying we should be able to watch it! I think you´re misunderstanding what China did: they didn´t just ban it for minors. They ban it for everyone! off course 11 year olds shouldn´t be allowed to watch HOTD, but no-one was talking about that! China banned it for everyone, not just minors!

All I and all of us are saying is that as OVER-18's, we should be allowed to watch and enjoy it. which apparently you agree with. So how can you say you agree with what china did? They banned it for everyone, including the adults you say should be able to watch it. They didn´t just classify it as over 18, which would be fine, they outright banned it for the entire population.

And yes, I am mad they banned an anime, because as an ADULT, I should be able to watch a cool ecchi action anime (with also a quite good story) like HOTD. I think we can agree on that, can´t we...?


I know they banned it for everyone -_-. I'm just mad that you think it's not fair because it's just "anime" and could care less that they banned porn too. I'm saying, I don't disagree that they classified it as porn -_-, which everyone in this thread is thinking is unreasonable LOL. It was a little funny at first, then sad, cuz I guess that's how far off us otakus are, that we can't tell the difference between porn and not-porn :D

8852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

I know they banned it for everyone -_-. I'm just mad that you think it's not fair because it's just "anime" and could care less that they banned porn too. I'm saying, I don't disagree that they classified it as porn -_-, which everyone in this thread is thinking is unreasonable LOL. It was a little funny at first, then sad, cuz I guess that's how far off us otakus are, that we can't tell the difference between porn and not-porn :D



With all due respect, assumption is the mother of all fuckups you know.

A) did you read the article ? They banned 2 other anime as well, one because it ´promotes terrorism´ (all it really does is show how shitty hopeless lives can lead you to become so desperate as to want to commit terrorist acts and hate your government - surely a very dangerous message for the Chinese populace) and the other one for being too violent. People are *also* complaining about that as well. That´s A)

B) I never said I didn´t care about that! I think the fact they ban porn for adults is just as bad, and that this is just an example of it! I never said otherwise, you just assumed that´s what I thought. They have a policy in place which censors what adults can watch if it has some titties. That´s the problem HOTD is just an example of something which should be watchable by adults, which now can´t be because of this stupid policy. Also HOTD really isn´t porn, it has a lot of fanservice that´s for sure, but it´s mostly about the action and story. It´s really ecchi tough, so I understand it falls under their policy (but consider that even China did *NOT* classify it as porn, they complained it came close to being porn. Ie the difference between hentai and ecchi). But the only reason I ranted aboutt his and not their general porn ban is that the article is about this and I was responding too that, you know? I like to watch porn, especially cosplay porn of anime shows (I have some hot HOTD movies on my harddrive, as well as SAO and about 200 gigabyte others), so off course I am / would be just as pissed of about a general porn ban! And yes, I understand HOTD is a casualty of that.

But we have clearly established by now that we basically both agree that adults should be able to watch HOTD, ecchi anime, hentai etc, and that their underlying policy is bad. In other we, (and everyone else in the forum) agree! Why are we still arguing!?
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

BlueOni wrote:

"This anime is bad because boobies are evil!", .


But, how can this be!? Boobies hold the hopes and dreams of all mankind! They cannot be evil by their very nature!

Unless they're fake, then they're just fun-bags...
35517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

Dude are you serious? Even though everyone and their friends watch porn @ 11 yo, doesn't mean it's legal in any country?! HELLO!? YES we have every "frikkin right to tell others what" they can and can't watch at what age! You have to be EIGHTEEN to watch porn. I'm just saying, China did the right thing by classifying HOTD as porn -_-. Geez, it's like you forgot that XXX is prohibited to minors or something. Do you think it's right that 11 yo watch HOTD? I didn't think so?

I don't agree that China banned porn since 1949, but hey, it's a communist country. If I were on all of your sides, I'd be arguing that not just hentai anime like HOTD should be unbanned, but also porn!

You're just mad because they banned an anime -_-, completely ignoring the fact that it's basically porn.


"I don't agree that China banned porn since 1949...If I were on all of your sides, I'd be arguing that not just hentai anime like HOTD should be unbanned, but also porn!"

Help me out, here.
30427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

I don't agree that China banned porn since 1949, but hey, it's a communist country.


Do you know what comminusm is?
9382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
Eh, if it's fun, the communists will ban it.
Banned
18087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
I wonder how many 60 cent dogs will come to defend China in this thread
5621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
Isn't china supposed to have incorporated more capitalism than the even the US. The amount of private enterprise in China is insane. Of course the government is still largely a dictatorship with tons of socialist regulation of peoples lives, but it still has a very capitalistic society. There's probably more McDonalds in china than in the US

Why would they go against violent anime, a source capable of selling merchandise and producing a relatively high amount of of capital.What effect would this have on merchandising sales of anime figures, manga, and other things.

Of course, the Chinese economy is too powerful for anime to effect it. They could ban anime for all they wanted.
4673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
I'm not sure if HOTDis too borderline pornorgraphic but it is definetly really really stupid .
5497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
I didn't find Zankyou No Terror offensive at all.
Get out ya feelings China.
35517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/3/15

silversongwriter wrote:

Isn't china supposed to have incorporated more capitalism than the even the US. The amount of private enterprise in China is insane. Of course the government is still largely a dictatorship with tons of socialist regulation of peoples lives, but it still has a very capitalistic society. There's probably more McDonalds in china than in the US


The short answer is no. The long answer is that state-owned and state-controlled enterprise still makes up a massive proportion of the Chinese economy (though far less than in the 1970s), and despite alleged reforms to bring the state to mere ownership status and allowing them to self-manage the CCP still holds substantial control over these enterprises.



http://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/files/Research/10_26_11_CapitalTradeSOEStudy.pdf


Why would they go against violent anime, a source capable of selling merchandise and producing a relatively high amount of of capital.


In this case I think it's just that Chinese obscenity law has ridiculously wide criteria, but more generally the CCP isn't exactly known for letting information flow freely anyway. They can and have restricted information flows to control the public. That is the entire purpose of the "great firewall of China".


What effect would this have on merchandising sales of anime figures, manga, and other things.


Bootleg merchandise and pirated DVD/Blu Ray discs for the series of interest will fill the gap and erode future markets. Of course, the flip side is that the CCP has already done that by blacklisting them.


Of course, the Chinese economy is too powerful for anime to effect it. They could ban anime for all they wanted.


No, I don't think they could. They already have to work double time just to keep up with their enormous bootleg and piracy problems, and banning anime in general would compound that problem enormously.
Posted 4/3/15
My evil heart is strangely glad whenever someone is denied cake.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.