First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Can I do this in a liberal state?
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15
...Don't forget to keep things civil.
Everybody.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/2/15

Nobodyofimportance wrote:

...Don't forget to keep things civil.


Like that civil righs issue in Indiana that doesn't exist?
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:


Akemui wrote:

i don't think people really understand the point of this and are talking it too hard.I don't really agree with peeping either,but he is asking hypothetically doesn't mean he's committed or even serious about it.


In reality... I'm saying this because it's equal to a real life situation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/01/indiana-pizzeria-no-pies-for-gay-weddings.html

These liberal idiots leach on small business's because they wanna play civil rights.


Yes sexually harassing people in changing rooms is exactly the same thing as getting bad press because you think that people shouldn't be treated equally under the law.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:

These liberal idiots leach on small business's because they wanna play civil rights.


Dragon
58375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:

Like that civil righs issue in Indiana that doesn't exist?


Yes, do keep things civil. We're not Indiana, or any other state, but we do have rules about behavior here. Please review them, or PM me if you have questions.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:


Nobodyofimportance wrote:

...Don't forget to keep things civil.


Like that civil rights issue in Indiana that doesn't exist?


I've heard something about baking cake for weddings.
Anything else I know is hearsay.
10055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/15
I was just about to report this thread to a mod too. Then one shows up~
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Online
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:


Schmooples wrote:

Seems to me that they would look for further evidence of gender dysphoria rather than accepting, without question, that you identify as a woman simply because you cross dress.


But if I'm denied service, the media won't care... all they care about is money and ratings. With so many business's like bakeries, photographers, pizzeria's being shut down because of phoney media lies. I'm still a threat even if my lawsuit fails. People will boycott the boy scouts, small business's and in some cases entire states over fabricated discrimination claims, like Indiana.

I could always pretend to be transgendered, and the threat of going through what these business's went through, they will be scared of me.


Realistically, if you were to claim on false grounds (like you pretending to be gender dysphoric to harass people) it would be libel, which is illegal. You would then have to pay restitution, and their name would be cleared once those facts came to light. The media is sensationalist, but a man faking gender dysphoria is more sensational than a business being discriminatory.


silversongwriter wrote:


Akemui wrote:

i don't think people really understand the point of this and are talking it too hard.I don't really agree with peeping either,but he is asking hypothetically doesn't mean he's committed or even serious about it.


In reality... I'm saying this because it's equal to a real life situation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/01/indiana-pizzeria-no-pies-for-gay-weddings.html

These liberal idiots leach on small business's because they wanna play civil rights.


People should not be denied a service on the ground of religious or social issues, unless the service is directly related to said religion or social group (e.g., a church could refuse to hold a wedding for a homosexual couple). Pizzas are not in any way religious, and supplying pizzas does not mean that you support homosexuals. Basically, it helps no one but does harm a group.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/2/15

dsjb wrote:


silversongwriter wrote:


Akemui wrote:

i don't think people really understand the point of this and are talking it too hard.I don't really agree with peeping either,but he is asking hypothetically doesn't mean he's committed or even serious about it.


In reality... I'm saying this because it's equal to a real life situation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/01/indiana-pizzeria-no-pies-for-gay-weddings.html

These liberal idiots leach on small business's because they wanna play civil rights.


Yes sexually harassing people in changing rooms is exactly the same thing as getting bad press because you think that people shouldn't be treated equally under the law.


Your thinking honestly makes me sick... I mean..

How does, "We will serve gays but we simply don't wanna be a part of a ceremony we disagree with" equal, "We think gays are second class citizens"
America needs to wake up and realize that not the Indiana bill was harmless to homosexuals
24069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / A complex society.
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:


Akemui wrote:

i don't think people really understand the point of this and are talking it too hard.I don't really agree with peeping either,but he is asking hypothetically doesn't mean he's committed or even serious about it.


In reality... I'm saying this because it's equal to a real life situation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/01/indiana-pizzeria-no-pies-for-gay-weddings.html

These liberal idiots leach on small business's because they wanna play civil rights.


ya i see what you mean, lol as pointless as this scenario is you're just trying to make a point.
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

silversongwriter wrote:

Your thinking honestly makes me sick... I mean..

How does, "We will serve gays but we simply don't wanna be a part of a ceremony we disagree with" equal, "We think gays are second class citizens"
America needs to wake up and realize that not the Indiana bill was harmless to homosexuals


That's just it the're not part of the ceremony, not attending it, not conducting it, they are making a pizza. This is exactly the same as refusing to provide a service to interracial couples getting married. The exact event and debate occurred in the anti miscegenation period it didn't fly then and it won't be allowed now.
24069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / A complex society.
Offline
Posted 4/2/15

dsjb wrote:


Akemui wrote:

i don't think people really understand the point of this and are talking it too hard.I don't really agree with peeping either,but he is asking hypothetically doesn't mean he's committed or even serious about it.


Oh we understand It just is so foolish that it doesn't deserve a serious response, hes pretending that trans individuals are somehow immune to sexual harassment laws which they are not. Just as a gay person that went round ogling and making sexual approaches would be dealt with so to would the fake trans individual.


haha i see, but i was just talking about the people really taking it serious like it was personnel or something.
5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/2/15

dsjbThat's just it there not part of the ceremony, not attending it, not conducting it, they are making a pizza. This is exactly the same as refusing to provide a service to interracial couples getting married. The exact event and debate occurred in the anti miscegenation period it didn't fly then and it won't be allowed now.


You know what... it's theirs..

I don't believe that all public establishments need to be on the same level as parks

Plus, the Indiana law would be harmless

Let me show you a good bill
http://kslegislature.org/li_2014/b2013_14/measures/documents/hb2453_00_0000.pdf

There... I love how when a bill comes that'll give special protections to Christians, it's horrible, however, it's okay to give Amish people protections against truancy laws and Indians the right to smoke Peyote... those don't violate the establishment of religion clause at all....
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

Nobodyofimportance wrote:

I think the Ogling would be a dead giveaway.
And that the dressing rooms are based on sex, not gender.
If places were going to be more inclusive, they'd either make individual dressing rooms, or a room for each gender identity, which also precludes you from doing this.


Actually no. if you're a woman you use the woman's locker room/washroom at least that's the way it works where I live.





silversongwriter wrote:

I got a brilliant idea...
Thanks to all the new protections of gender identity, trans people are finally free from discriminations.

Therefore, theoretically, I could cross dress to the gym and take a peak at the ladies locker room...
If someone says anything I'll be like, "It's okay girl, I identify as a woman... mmm, and right now I'm identifying with you. You don't discriminate do you?"
The owner of the gym hates my very soul to the core, but he knows if he kicks me out. I can sue him andp take my case straight to MSNBC, the court of public opinion. Even if my lawsuit fails, his gym will be labelled a homophobic, transphobic bigoted place. All the calfornia super liberals everywhere will boycott him. Newspaper headlines and tv stations will report, "Gym kicks out transgendered individual"
Nobody will know the truth, because the media will make them out to be a bunch of bigots.
So it's either deal with me driving away their members, or the entire media as a whole branding them as bigots and possibly being sued by me.
So... he grits his teeth and stands helplessly as I pretend to talk in a high voice and watch the ladies change...

Ahhhh... maybe liberalism isn't so bad.


Regardless of your gender, ogling could be considered sexual harassment. I suppose you're also happy that all the gays and lesbians change with the sex that interests them too.



5613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/2/15 , edited 4/2/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Nobodyofimportance wrote:

I think the Ogling would be a dead giveaway.
And that the dressing rooms are based on sex, not gender.
If places were going to be more inclusive, they'd either make individual dressing rooms, or a room for each gender identity, which also precludes you from doing this.


Actually no. if you're a woman you use the woman's locker room/washroom at least that's the way it works where I live.





silversongwriter wrote:

I got a brilliant idea...
Thanks to all the new protections of gender identity, trans people are finally free from discriminations.

Therefore, theoretically, I could cross dress to the gym and take a peak at the ladies locker room...
If someone says anything I'll be like, "It's okay girl, I identify as a woman... mmm, and right now I'm identifying with you. You don't discriminate do you?"
The owner of the gym hates my very soul to the core, but he knows if he kicks me out. I can sue him andp take my case straight to MSNBC, the court of public opinion. Even if my lawsuit fails, his gym will be labelled a homophobic, transphobic bigoted place. All the calfornia super liberals everywhere will boycott him. Newspaper headlines and tv stations will report, "Gym kicks out transgendered individual"
Nobody will know the truth, because the media will make them out to be a bunch of bigots.
So it's either deal with me driving away their members, or the entire media as a whole branding them as bigots and possibly being sued by me.
So... he grits his teeth and stands helplessly as I pretend to talk in a high voice and watch the ladies change...

Ahhhh... maybe liberalism isn't so bad.


Regardless of your gender, ogling could be considered sexual harassment. I suppose you're also happy that all the gays and lesbians change with the sex that interests them too.



Even if I were transgendered.... The owner should be free to decide whether I can use the female rest room or not... Or to let me in period. Post or pre op, makes no difference.

I don't care where gays and lesbians change. The idea you just brought up kind of disgusts me and makes me not wanna go to the gym, but I have no right to tell them where to go... Unless the owner decides to not allow gays which I say go ahead, since baring gays from a gym is impossible with or without the legal right.
Since sexual orientation discrimination is impossible.... We don't need laws against something that's non-existent or self brought on... I guess you can discriminate against the one gay guy who announces his sexuality at every establishment he goes to in order to see if he'd get discriminated against.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.