First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply China and the Dalai Lama
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/15

Phersu wrote:


SweetPerplexity post">wrote:

I don't think it's right to make funny gifs out of the Dalai Lama, he is a respected religious figure and you're probably offending a lot of Buddhists out there.


Tibetan Buddhism. Dalai Lama is the respected religious figure of Tibetan Buddhism. I find this implication much more offensive to myself, a non-Tibetan Buddhist, than his funny gif.

But even this I don't really find offensive. So chill. Most Buddhists I know are pretty laid back about that kind of stuff.


Most, not all.
Is Dalai Lama not the respective religious figure of Tibetan Buddhism? I don't understand. Can you please help me correct this error before I offend anyone else? I'm not Buddhist, so I'm quiet ignorant of this topic.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:

Most, not all.
Is Dalai Lama not the respective religious figure of Tibetan Buddhism? I don't understand. Can you please help me correct this error before I offend anyone else? I'm not Buddhist, so I'm quiet ignorant of this topic.


You're saying a lot of Buddhists. But really, it would mainly just offend Tibetan Buddhists, were it to offend anyone. Which it really wouldn't. Point is, stop telling people what gifs they can or can't use. Meanie.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/15

Phersu wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:

Most, not all.
Is Dalai Lama not the respective religious figure of Tibetan Buddhism? I don't understand. Can you please help me correct this error before I offend anyone else? I'm not Buddhist, so I'm quiet ignorant of this topic.


You're saying a lot of Buddhists. But really, it would mainly just offend Tibetan Buddhists, were it to offend anyone. Which it really wouldn't. Point is, stop telling people what gifs they can or can't use. Meanie.


I'm not mean. I'm just enforcing rules which I feel would make EVERYONE happy. I'm not prepared to sacrifice a few people's feelings for the feelings of the masses.
49227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 4/6/15 , edited 4/7/15

AiYumega wrote:


Here, I'll offend myself and my religion to even it out.



lol, Yahweh! Too funny.

As a christian I found the joke funny. It is not disrespectful, it doesn't attack the faith it's just a humorous presentation of the beliefs. Quite often, I've found that the people with the best jokes about a religion are adherents of the religion. That doesn't mean that only people of a faith can make jokes relating to it or laugh at those jokes. I look at the intent of the post. Is it maligning and hateful or is it just an expression of one's thoughts?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:

I'm not mean. I'm just enforcing rules which I feel would make EVERYONE happy. I'm not prepared to sacrifice a few people's feelings for the feelings of the masses.


Mods enforce the rules. You're not a mod.

See where I'm going? Ye vigilante.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/15

Phersu wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:

I'm not mean. I'm just enforcing rules which I feel would make EVERYONE happy. I'm not prepared to sacrifice a few people's feelings for the feelings of the masses.


Mods enforce the rules. You're not a mod.

See where I'm going? Ye vigilante.


You're right. Mods enforce the rules. I'm not a mod. But I'm human, making me a moral agent, therefore it's my duty to ensure everything is just.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.