First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply New Spring Titles 2015: Sound! Euphonium, Hello!! KINMOZA, and Tesagure Bukatsumono
35022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
Wow, the picking for the UK seems to consistently get worse every season. Winter at least had Parasyte, Durarara, Aldnoah, World Trigger and Log Horizon (though the latter two seemed to go downhill throughout). I ended up more interested in the series on streaming sites than here. So that was three good and two kind-of interesting. This season, the only things I'm seeing are Food Battles and Dungeons, neither of which I'm particularly excited for. Also, I haven't seen any decent manga added in ages, whilst a few have been winding up.

I was already planning to drop down to the new premium membership at the end of the year, but if this keeps up, I don't think I'll bother staying on at all.
18278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Argentina
Offline
Posted 4/4/15 , edited 4/4/15

Hehaho1830 wrote:



I'm very far of being an expert in this subject but, as far as I understand, home video rights are more lucrative than streaming rights. For that reason Funimation have a great advantage over Crunchyroll at the time to get a show and also it means that the former have more economic power than the last. In other words, Funimation can get most of the shows they want. Actually I think the only for which Crunchyroll could have most quantity of simulcasts for so long is because the other American home video companies don't seen very interested to stream their shows themselves and don' mind that Crunchyroll do it instead, and also because TV Tokyo is one of the Crunchyroll investors, which mean that TV Tokyo are streamed preferently here. But I'm worried because Funimation is getting stronger and stronger each season.
zarg2 
14106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Belgium
Offline
Posted 4/4/15

vonPeterhof wrote:

I'm also hoping that the first and second seasons of "Tesagure" get added to the catalogue.


On the french part of CR, they said they'll add them. Not sure it'll be for all regions though.

Also, glad they're adding Kinmoza (with the 1st season as catalog title) in my region
7271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
we at the turnup function
37320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shinjuku, Tokyo
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
Gintama!!!
48307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / somewhere were th...
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
where is gintama
Manjador de Licenciamento
26389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Brasil
Offline
Posted 4/4/15


Also FUNimations get the rights to stream their shows in North, Central and South America, UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand.
FUNimation could sublicense theirs shows to Crunchyroll outside North America, but they keep refusing. But the worst is, these other countries have another services to get this animes (Animax UK, Anime Limited, Viewster, AnimeLab, Wakanim) and we dont... Latin America will always miss these shows bc CR is the only legal site to stream animes here. And Crunchyroll and FUNimation cant got a agreement. We really are not in a good position here.
11700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 4/4/15
Seeing a lot of unhappy Brits on this thread but personally between CR and Viewster I'm really happy with the spring lineup so far. Funi will always be the bane of our existance in the UK but its nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.
18278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Argentina
Offline
Posted 4/4/15

Leorosado15 wrote:



Also FUNimations get the rights to stream their shows in North, Central and South America, UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand.
FUNimation could sublicense theirs shows to Crunchyroll outside North America, but they keep refusing. But the worst is, these other countries have another services to get this animes (Animax UK, Anime Limited, Viewster, AnimeLab, Wakanim) and we dont... Latin America will always miss these shows bc CR is the only legal site to stream animes here. And Crunchyroll and FUNimation cant got a agreement. We really are not in a good position here.


Exactly! That seems to be the case and actually I decide to rant in this thread partly for that precise reason.
41887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/15 , edited 4/4/15
Quotes trimmed down due to length


Basically: Winter 2015 was great, but that was from continuing shows and it also felt like funi beat them to the punch some, spring 2015 is looking to be a little light, definitly due to all of the stuff funi grabbed; but with benefit of doubt, but if summer 2015 feels too light then I'll really start worrying/considering switching to funi (Though they could still blow me away with some awesome fall 2015 announcements)...

I'm pretty pissed that they didn't get some of the cool anime from 2 of my favorite studios (TRIGGER, BONES) or the one from the creator of FMA, and thats probably made me feel that this spring season is lighter than it really is (Second season in a row, where my top 2-3 shows were swiped by funi).

whew, long rant... plus large quote


Why not support both? The more you withdraw your support to CR, the stronger FUNi gets. People always rant that CR gets the FUNi rejects, but that's because FUNi has stronger bidding power than Sentai. Outside the PONY CANYON,Aniplex, and TV TOKYO shows, CR can only get shows provided that Sentai gets them. They can't do anything about that, unless they outbid FUNi, which rarely happens. Just look at this season, outside the sequels, the only new shows that CR have are either from Aniplex (Gunslinger Stratos, Plastic Memories), PONY CANYON (Sound Euphonium, ETOTAMA), and Showgate (Food Wars, Danmachi, Houkago no Pleaides) probably because Sentai was able to swipe the 5 Showgate shows this season. There could still be outliers like PUNCH LINE (seems to be a FUNi reject) but most of the time FUNi gets the better shows. I mean, look at Blood Blockade Front and Ultimate Otaku Teacher. We expected for CR to grab them since those shows are from TOHO and YTV, but FUNi grabbed them this season.



To a certain extent, I do, since I almost always buy DVDs/BDs from funi, or Sentai on rare occaision, and I intend to someday support both... when I have an Income..... I seriously only get by on a yearly CR sub with Xmas money... and I sell games at gamestop to get games at gamestop, which covers my other hobby... But someday! I'll be able to afford both, and more than two games a year...... basically, money.

Also, I gave CR plenty of lee-way to impress me again, I just happened to be a little annoyed that Funi got Ninja Slayer, since I'm a huge Studio TRIGGER fan. I'm sticking with just CR for now, and intend to for the near future at minimum.


Also in response to all the ignorant Gintama fans, TV Tokyo is an Investor in crunchyroll, It's an absolute certainty that Gintama's newest season will be gotten by CR, and for many places or most likely the whole world except japan. Just look at the "about" link under crunchyroll at the bottom of the page, it'll also give you an idea as to why we get so many things that Sentai and Aniplex get in the US.

EDIT: I love Gintama, when I say ignorant Gintama fans,I mean those who don't realize the TV Tokyo connection to CR, not that Gintama fans are idiots.
35022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/4/15

Skode24 wrote:

Seeing a lot of unhappy Brits on this thread but personally between CR and Viewster I'm really happy with the spring lineup so far. Funi will always be the bane of our existance in the UK but its nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.


Huh, I didn't realise Viewster was getting simulcasts now. Even though they've only got three shows total, I'm more excited for each of them than for everything CR's bringing to us. I guess that between them, here and Netflix (I assume they're getting the new season of Sidonia?) it shouldn't be too bad. The disappointment is more directed at the lackluster return for the subscription fee than the amount of anime I'll be able to watch.
15062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / San Francisco, Ca...
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
I want me some Digimon Tri please.
894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/4/15

Hehaho1830 wrote:

Quotes trimmed down due to length


Basically: Winter 2015 was great, but that was from continuing shows and it also felt like funi beat them to the punch some, spring 2015 is looking to be a little light, definitly due to all of the stuff funi grabbed; but with benefit of doubt, but if summer 2015 feels too light then I'll really start worrying/considering switching to funi (Though they could still blow me away with some awesome fall 2015 announcements)...

I'm pretty pissed that they didn't get some of the cool anime from 2 of my favorite studios (TRIGGER, BONES) or the one from the creator of FMA, and thats probably made me feel that this spring season is lighter than it really is (Second season in a row, where my top 2-3 shows were swiped by funi).

whew, long rant... plus large quote


Why not support both? The more you withdraw your support to CR, the stronger FUNi gets. People always rant that CR gets the FUNi rejects, but that's because FUNi has stronger bidding power than Sentai. Outside the PONY CANYON,Aniplex, and TV TOKYO shows, CR can only get shows provided that Sentai gets them. They can't do anything about that, unless they outbid FUNi, which rarely happens. Just look at this season, outside the sequels, the only new shows that CR have are either from Aniplex (Gunslinger Stratos, Plastic Memories), PONY CANYON (Sound Euphonium, ETOTAMA), and Showgate (Food Wars, Danmachi, Houkago no Pleaides) probably because Sentai was able to swipe the 5 Showgate shows this season. There could still be outliers like PUNCH LINE (seems to be a FUNi reject) but most of the time FUNi gets the better shows. I mean, look at Blood Blockade Front and Ultimate Otaku Teacher. We expected for CR to grab them since those shows are from TOHO and YTV, but FUNi grabbed them this season.



To a certain extent, I do, since I almost always buy DVDs/BDs from funi, or Sentai on rare occaision, and I intend to someday support both... when I have an Income..... I seriously only get by on a yearly CR sub with Xmas money... and I sell games at gamestop to get games at gamestop, which covers my other hobby... But someday! I'll be able to afford both, and more than two games a year...... basically, money.

Also, I gave CR plenty of lee-way to impress me again, I just happened to be a little annoyed that Funi got Ninja Slayer, since I'm a huge Studio TRIGGER fan. I'm sticking with just CR for now, and intend to for the near future at minimum.


Also in response to all the ignorant Gintama fans, TV Tokyo is an Investor in crunchyroll, It's an absolute certainty that Gintama's newest season will be gotten by CR, and for many places or most likely the whole world except japan. Just look at the "about" link under crunchyroll at the bottom of the page, it'll also give you an idea as to why we get so many things that Sentai and Aniplex get in the US.

EDIT: I love Gintama, when I say ignorant Gintama fans,I mean those who don't realize the TV Tokyo connection to CR, not that Gintama fans are idiots.


Looking at their "About" page, pretty ironic that Marvelous Entertainment and NTV are there, since most of their recent shows (Senran Kagura, Tokyo Ghoul, Donten ni Warau, Death Parade) ends up at FUNi's lap.
9600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/4/15 , edited 4/4/15
This is subjective. For me it is like

Funi grabbed: (They stream for USA, Canada only)
Arslan ***** (new)
Seraph ***** (new)
Bloockade Battlefront ***** (new)
DxD *****


Crunghy gets:
Nisekoi ***** (also available for free on Daisuki)
FateStaynight ***** (also available for free on Daisuki)
Gunslinger ***** (also available for free on Daisuki)
Plastic Memories ***** (also available for free on Daisuki)

Dungeon ***** (new)
Baby Steps *****

Rekan (usa, canada only)
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy (usa, canada only)

Hibike, cannot rate but may be a 5 star
and a lot of other tittles irrelevant for me.


Funimation got the new 5 stars but Crunchy has many 5 stars as well and beats funi by quantity, the problem is that those Aniplex titles are being streamed for free by Daisuki, bad for America's point of view imo. And I don't really know if Crunchy beating Funi is actually the case anymore. I don't like to get the things I'm paying for to be given for free. And that was all of Aniplex? Aniplex needs to get their sh..t straight. Idk where this is heading. Funi's stream titles are not on daisukis list. (Well only battlefront and it is only for Asia). Different models, different interests, many positives and negatives for different parts.



18036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/4/15
Hmm Trumpet, Euphonium, Tuba and Double bass ... sounds like an interesting quartet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.