Created by PruBenAzul
What's your opinion about cosplaying as an OC (Original Character)?
8267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/5/15
I'm just curious and would like to start a discussion on this topic.
jakari 
52218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / US
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15
If it's awesome why not? =o It's not too diff from cosplaying your MMO character, right? x3 Aheheh~
18200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15
Dressing up is ok. You also have to act the part to convince the audience it's a character... if not, we're just dressing up for a tea party or two.
18200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15

Mattatron wrote:

What's an OC?


Original catwoman
Dragon
67403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15

Mattatron wrote:

What's an OC?


(fyi to any wondering, moved this over to the Polls section)

Original Character. Usually something that fits within an existing universe - like a character that might fit in The Walking Dead as a new hero or villain, maybe, or someone you created in World of Warcraft or Dragonball: Xenoverse. Not always your own creation, I've seen people cosplay as OC's created as fanart for Avatar: The Last Airbender and Batman.

Personally, I think it just expands possibilities, and it can be a lot of fun.
An9el 
29297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15
if its something you wana do the do it gota enjoy what you do
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / England
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
Forgive me if I sound like a Hedonist (Hedonist? Hedonismist?) but if they enjoy it, it dosen't matter. Cosplay is supposed to be fun anyway.
11268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
I hate it.

It's like fanfiction: Just don't do it.

OC's aren't canon so you really can't identify even what the hell you're referencing, and because it's your "own" character, chances are you're mary suing it to death (especially since your writing yourself into your character in one of the most literal fashions).

That look of someone's eyes glazing over as you go on for 15 minutes about the person you are dressed up as? yeah.. Just no.
48766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/5/15
Sure because I have plenty.
825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
I find it pretty cool!
8267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/5/15 , edited 4/6/15

MakotoKamui wrote:


Mattatron wrote:

What's an OC?


(fyi to any wondering, moved this over to the Polls section)

Original Character. Usually something that fits within an existing universe - like a character that might fit in The Walking Dead as a new hero or villain, maybe, or someone you created in World of Warcraft or Dragonball: Xenoverse. Not always your own creation, I've seen people cosplay as OC's created as fanart for Avatar: The Last Airbender and Batman.

Personally, I think it just expands possibilities, and it can be a lot of fun.


Thanks for moving this! It was my mistake, and thank you for correcting it!

I agree, I just wish that OC's would get more support from the cosplay community.


An9el wrote:

if its something you wana do the do it gota enjoy what you do


I think this counts as "words of wisdom" I agree~

Posted 4/7/15
Meh, don't care. Sounds creative, and one can even claim originality , within canon universe.
17119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
I cosplay as me every day as I am an original character.
I think I'd get freaked out if someone else cosplayed as me though.
8267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

MidoriNoTora wrote:

I cosplay as me every day as I am an original character.
I think I'd get freaked out if someone else cosplayed as me though.


Challenge accepted :)

XD
Sailor Candy Moderator
219071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
Forum Clean up. Old 2015 threads Locked.
You must be logged in to post.