First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite malt liquor?
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

Hotstonez wrote:

Lagavulin. A single malt whisky from Islay with a briney, iodine malt with a long smokey and peppery finish. The first time you try it you think your throat has been drycleaned, the second sip and it's bad medicine, the third is not so bad and then the rest is an epic journey of complex flavours.

It's a masterpiece!


It tastes like liquid smoke to me. If you imagine pork, you can almost taste bacon with every sip. Lagavulin with rare steak makes you feel so manly.

I like having Lagavulin when eating BBQ.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
What's malt liquor? Is it like beer?

Smirnoff I guess?

Though I don't drink anything anymore.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

pandrasb wrote:

What's malt liquor? Is it like beer?

Smirnoff I guess?

Though I don't drink anything anymore.


It's basically cheap beer with high alcohol content. For beer, anyway. Seems like 6-9% is the norm for malt liquors.

I recommend going for dark craft beers rather than malt liquors. But they'll do in a pinch since they are cheap and relatively easy to drink.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

Morbidhanson wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

What's malt liquor? Is it like beer?

Smirnoff I guess?

Though I don't drink anything anymore.


It's basically cheap beer with high alcohol content. For beer, anyway. Seems like 6-9% is the norm for malt liquors.

I recommend going for dark craft beers rather than malt liquors. But they'll do in a pinch since they are cheap and relatively easy to drink.


Wow that is low. I'm not much of a fan of beer (I'm a wine guy), so I'm gonna go with Guinness. You can't go wrong with it.
18917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
You must be a 16 year old that can't afford decent beer with alcohol in it. I'll stick to a nice IPA that is 6.8-9.5% ABV and tastes damn good. If I have to drink cheap beer, it'll be Rainier because I or another local fieldman probably helped to grow the hops in that beer. Bale Breaker is also a great beer straight out of Yakima, WA, which is the hop (among other crops) capital of the US and is always satisfying.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/15 , edited 4/8/15

pandrasb wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

What's malt liquor? Is it like beer?

Smirnoff I guess?

Though I don't drink anything anymore.


It's basically cheap beer with high alcohol content. For beer, anyway. Seems like 6-9% is the norm for malt liquors.

I recommend going for dark craft beers rather than malt liquors. But they'll do in a pinch since they are cheap and relatively easy to drink.


Wow that is low. I'm not much of a fan of beer (I'm a wine guy), so I'm gonna go with Guinness. You can't go wrong with it.


The beer buzz differs from the wine bizz, though. For a good length of time, I was able to guzzle down endless wine but beer and tequila destroyed me. Tequila still destroys me but I can handle beer much better now and can essentially drink endless sake.
15084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/12/15 , edited 5/12/15
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.