First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply White SC officer charged with murder for shooting black man.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15
http://news.yahoo.com/white-sc-officer-charged-murder-shooting-black-man-224647112.html

Here's the full video(s) (will most likely be taken down really quick):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cKZgnvp14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZU-wAwJL0

Thoughts?

Oh, and I wouldn't use Yahoo as a reliable news source. Might be better to find a more... reputable source... I'm just lazy so I linked that up there.

EDIT: No fighting. Well, just keep it civil.

A more reputable source, for those who care (thank you BlueOni): http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/04/07/south-carolina-police-officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-shooting/
Posted 4/7/15
Yeah well I saw this and read it and let's just say both were not doing what they were supposed to be, especially trying to grab a police officers taser or shooting a running man in the back almost a dozen times.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/9/15

AiYumega wrote:

Yeah well I saw this and read it and let's just say both were not doing what they were supposed to be, especially trying to grab a police officers taser or shooting a running man in the back almost a dozen times.


Sorry but whatever the suspect did wrong does NOT allow for a summary execution by the pigs (cops)
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/8/15



So I was with you until you said pigs, because that's just knee jerk reaction, honestly.
33208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/8/15
The guy WAS wrong for trying to grab the stun gun from the PO but shooting the suspect like that isn't justifiable. I think he should be held with murder.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/9/15

AiYumega wrote:




So I was with you until you said pigs, because that's just knee jerk reaction, honestly.


When the "police" start acting the way they should then they will get respect, but as long as they believe it is open season on people of color I say #FTP (I am sure you know what that hashtag means)
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/9/15
And yet, what would have happened if the guy shot had been white and the cop black? The number of situations like that, that the media ignores. Anyway, I'm sure certain people will be protesting - yet you'll never see these same people protesting if the man killed was black by a black copper, or white by a black cop.

It is only racist and wrong when a white cop kills a black person, remember that folks! Nothing else matters!

Anyway, as usual the black bro did the wrong thing, but the media will not focus on that only "omg a black man was killed by a white cop woo!". Still, wish only tasers were used.
33208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15
But not all police are like that, that's why I can't agree on "FTP" or classifying them as "pigs".
Sogno- 
45660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
knew the media would go after my state eventually
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/8/15

teallerina wrote:

And yet, what would have happened if the guy shot had been white and the cop black? The number of situations like that, that the media ignores.

Anyway, as usual the black bro did the wrong thing, but the media will not focus on that only "omg a black man was killed woo!". Still, wish only tasers were used.


Do you WORK for Fox News, or are you just brainwashed by their dribble?

Look at the numbers, statistically you can tell there IS a problem, but I know you don't want to believe in something like FACTS!
Posted 4/7/15


Don't assume every member of law enforcement is on a racist killing spree is all I'm saying. I agree that recently there's too much of it, but to place blame on every single cop and treat them like trash for what you think they are out doing is like blaming every single table in your house when you stub your foot.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

AiYumega wrote:



Don't assume every member of law enforcement is on a racist killing spree is all I'm saying. I agree that recently there's too much of it, but to place blame on every single cop and treat them like trash for what you think they are out doing is like blaming every single table in your house when you stub your foot.


Not every cop does it, but they ALL cover up for it! Until the ones that don't do it stop covering for the ones that do, they are all BAD!
Posted 4/7/15



Nah you're still assuming a lot. There's people out there who are cops that are just as disgusted as you when stuff like this happens.
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

eightcar wrote:


AiYumega wrote:



Don't assume every member of law enforcement is on a racist killing spree is all I'm saying. I agree that recently there's too much of it, but to place blame on every single cop and treat them like trash for what you think they are out doing is like blaming every single table in your house when you stub your foot.


Not every cop does it, but they ALL cover up for it! Until the ones that don't do it stop covering for the ones that do, they are all BAD!


You just phrased something i have been unable to find the right words for. I totally agree, thanks

55107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/9/15
Good he is charged with murder, now lets see if he gets convicted..that's an entirely different situation to contend with.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.