First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply White SC officer charged with murder for shooting black man.
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15

eightcar wrote:


AiYumega wrote:



Don't assume every member of law enforcement is on a racist killing spree is all I'm saying. I agree that recently there's too much of it, but to place blame on every single cop and treat them like trash for what you think they are out doing is like blaming every single table in your house when you stub your foot.


Not every cop does it, but they ALL cover up for it! Until the ones that don't do it stop covering for the ones that do, they are all BAD!


People who believe like you do only help perpetuate the problem. I would say more but none of it is nice so I will leave it at that.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

AiYumega wrote:




Nah you're still assuming a lot. There's people out there who are cops that are just as disgusted as you when stuff like this happens.


If they are disgusted with it they must be remaining quiet. I hardly ever hear of them speaking out.
So as long as they are quiet about it, they are still GUILTY of helping to cover it up!
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/9/15

eightcar wrote

Do you WORK for Fox News, or are you just brainwashed by their dribble?

Look at the numbers, statistically you can tell there IS a problem, but I know you don't want to believe in something like FACTS!


Don't forget, there are many places to get the scoop on things other than that "Fox News". Perhaps even real life as well. The media is one sided, and yes - racism is a two way street.

Absolutely, there is racism among the police force and more often than not, blacks and black males especially are the victims. However, there are still plenty of cased where non-blacks are killed and treated badly by non-white cops or black cops but the media won't be talking about that.

I know that from personal experience as well, and as a non-white immigrant who has had people in my own family treated badly by black cops in racial ways several times.

I'm saying especially the media loves to pretend that blacks are incapable of being racist (when they full well are), and also downplays what the shot black person did wrong in the first place only to highlight the race which they (the media) wouldn't be doing if there were other parties involved.

And another thing - the statistics are high for black deaths by cops including race reasons but also because among all the people in America, blacks are the main race that is extremely crime ridden and the race that cannot seem to better themselves, especially in comparison with other people/immigrants. Truth hurts, yet you'll find a lot of people who privately think the same thing but don't want to say it out loud.

Let us not forget that in America, blacks are the number one cause of death among their own race/community. Black on black violence, anyone? Where are the people protesting Chicago, Bronx, Detroit...etc. etc.?

So calm down, Panther boy, there are multiple sides to everything.
Posted 4/7/15



I don't really understand how that works here. The cop here was charged with murder, meaning it wasn't only spoken out against but acknowledged he was wrong and what he did was breaking the law.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
Well, now they have to prove all the elements of murder.

They find ways to squirm out from under the maximum sentence so I'm going to assume he'll probably end up with some sort of lower punishment, if any at all, rather than first degree murder. Maybe they will get him on second degree murder but I'm doubtful.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/9/15

AiYumega wrote:




I don't really understand how that works here. The cop here was charged with murder, meaning it wasn't only spoken out against but acknowledged he was wrong and what he did was breaking the law.


1) The "cops" didn't bring this to light, normal citizens did who had video evidnce. As such, the "cops" didn't do anything.

2) This "prosecution" will be mickey mouse, just like the whole Ferguson fiasco. As the District Attorney works closely with the police, the DA actually will side with the police and throw this. (Common practice when a case like this is actually brought to trial)

But as long as the motions of a trial are gone through, some will believe it is justice when the "cops" walk as usual!
Posted 4/7/15



It's a biased opinion you have of the police, because for all the people working in law enforcement and law that actually try to bring justice to the world, it's become well overlooked for the people who don't, which you will find in any profession.

But seriously, I understand your argument, but to blanket all cops as this is just absurd, it really is.
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

AiYumega


I don't really understand how that works here. The cop here was charged with murder, meaning it wasn't only spoken out against but acknowledged he was wrong and what he did was breaking the law.

with a video like that doing anything else would be tantamount to social suicide for yourself and your organization.

the catholic church and its alter boy debauchery is a brilliant example of similar "reactions".
103995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

teallerina wrote:


eightcar wrote

Do you WORK for Fox News, or are you just brainwashed by their dribble?

Look at the numbers, statistically you can tell there IS a problem, but I know you don't want to believe in something like FACTS!


Don't forget, there are many places to get the scoop on things other than that "Fox News". Perhaps even real life as well. The media is one sided, and yes - racism is a two way street.

Absolutely, there is racism among the police force and more often than not, blacks and black males especially are the victims. However, there are still plenty of cased where non-blacks are killed and treated badly by non-white cops or black cops but the media won't be talking about that.

I know that from personal experience as well, and as a non-white immigrant who has had people in my own family treated badly by black cops in racial ways several times.

I'm saying especially the media loves to pretend that blacks are incapable of being racist (when they full well are), and also downplays what the shot black person did wrong in the first place only to highlight the race which they (the media) wouldn't be doing if there were other parties involved.

And another thing - the statistics are high for black deaths by cops including race reasons but also because among all the people in America, blacks are the main race that is extremely crime ridden and the race that cannot seem to better themselves, especially in comparison with other people/immigrants. Truth hurts, yet you'll find a lot of people who privately think the same thing but don't want to say it out loud.

Let us not forget that in America, blacks are the number one cause of death among their own race/community. Black on black violence, anyone? Where are the people protesting Chicago, Bronx, Detroit...etc. etc.?

So calm down, Panther boy, there are multiple sides to everything.


It always becomes a race issue when a white cop shoots a black person. You never get media attention when black people shoot other black people.
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/8/15

AnimeKami wrote:

It always becomes a race issue when a white cop shoots a black person. You never get media attention when black people shoot other black people.


Of course not, because when a black person kills someone there is no possible way it could be racist and when a white person kills a someone, especially a non-white there is no possible way it could be anything but racist.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

AiYumega wrote:




It's a biased opinion you have of the police, because for all the people working in law enforcement and law that actually try to bring justice to the world, it's become well overlooked for the people who don't, which you will find in any profession.

But seriously, I understand your argument, but to blanket all cops as this is just absurd, it really is.


It isn't absurd. When have you heard of a cop speaking out against these shootings?

It is the same as the silence that came from the Catholic Church or Penn State
41850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Online
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15

eightcar wrote:


AiYumega wrote:




I don't really understand how that works here. The cop here was charged with murder, meaning it wasn't only spoken out against but acknowledged he was wrong and what he did was breaking the law.


1) The "cops" didn't bring this to light, normal citizens did who had video evidnce. As such, the "cops" didn't do anything.

2) This "prosecution" will be mickey mouse, just like the whole Ferguson fiasco. As the District Attorney works closely with the police, the DA actually will side with the police and throw this. (Common practice when a case like this is actually brought to trial)

But as long as the motions of a trial are gone through, some will believe it is justice when the "cops" walk as usual!


I told myself that I was not going to comment on this, simply because I was not there and--knowing the limitations of video evidence, something we've discussed before in the Forums--I therefore don't actually know what happened. That's what I told myself, until I saw the assumption of a prosecutor going light on a cop. It does NOT work that way in real life, TV police dramas be d_mned! A lawyer is a lawyer, and most prosecutors I've known left that position just as soon as a law firm offered them jobs paying real money. And the quickest way to make a name for yourself as a prosecutor is to take down a politician or a cop. You're virtually guaranteed a cush job with some big defense attorney who wants your name on his shingle. So, trust me, the DA will do everything in his/her power to convict the officer in question. My question is: what happened during the initial traffic stop to provoke all this?
Posted 4/7/15



Believe me, I know cops who feel the same way as you.
51183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
The fact that this man dropped his taser next to the corpse is disgusting. The other officer that arrived was trying to give Scott some first aid, so I doubt he had ill intentions and wanted him to die. Still, he should have spoken out about the false evidence officer Slager planted right in front of his eyes. He should at least be penalized for that, unless he somehow wasn't paying attention to what the murderer was doing right in front of him.

If there had been no video, this would've just been another one of those "he grabbed my weapon, I felt threatened" stories and he would've gotten away with it. The sad thing is I doubt a video of an officer murdering an unarmed, fleeing black man and then planting evidence would be enough to convict him of murder. If they ever charge him for trying to cover up the evidence, he might spend a little time in jail. It'll take a miracle to get him convicted for murder, though.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/8/15

moonhawk81 wrote:


eightcar wrote:


AiYumega wrote:




I don't really understand how that works here. The cop here was charged with murder, meaning it wasn't only spoken out against but acknowledged he was wrong and what he did was breaking the law.


1) The "cops" didn't bring this to light, normal citizens did who had video evidnce. As such, the "cops" didn't do anything.

2) This "prosecution" will be mickey mouse, just like the whole Ferguson fiasco. As the District Attorney works closely with the police, the DA actually will side with the police and throw this. (Common practice when a case like this is actually brought to trial)

But as long as the motions of a trial are gone through, some will believe it is justice when the "cops" walk as usual!


I told myself that I was not going to comment on this, simply because I was not there and--knowing the limitations of video evidence, something we've discussed before in the Forums--I therefore don't actually know what happened. That's what I told myself, until I saw the assumption of a prosecutor going light on a cop. It does NOT work that way in real life, TV police dramas be d_mned! A lawyer is a lawyer, and most prosecutors I've known left that position just as soon as a law firm offered them jobs paying real money. And the quickest way to make a name for yourself as a prosecutor is to take down a politician or a cop. You're virtually guaranteed a cush job with some big defense attorney who wants your name on his shingle. So, trust me, the DA will do everything in his/her power to convict the officer in question. My question is: what happened during the initial traffic stop that provoked all this?


Seriously, are you joking? The District Attorney NEEDS the cooperation of police to make their cases! They toss one cop away, and their lives are made miserable! That is why it has been PROVEN that the Furgeson grand jury was a joke with all the inconsistencies!

YOU are the one thinking of TV and the whole Law and Order series when going after corrupt officials!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.