First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply White SC officer charged with murder for shooting black man.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

BlueOni wrote:

You asked for a more reputable source


No, I don't believe I did. Thanks, though, for providing one. I'll edit the original post.


AzazelOfNexium wrote:

(s)your right, I forgot that only white people can discriminate or be racist.

I also forgot that anything a white person does is automatically racist.

Its not like I live in a third world country where I was beat up on a daily basis in school for being white, or I was abused by teachers and had pot planted on me by a black cop or anything.

I keep forgetting that white people are the cause of all the problems in the world. White people and men should just die, am i right? (/s)


Ok. If that's what you think. Yeah, you're right.
2551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
I LIVE IN SOUTH CAROLINA YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I SAW THIS ON THE NEWS YOOOOOOOOO
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15

BunchyCarter wrote:

No your wrong azafail and its phucing hilarious to see white men crying about how exploited they are!!...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!..

Keep on Crying..


Lol.. why dont you come live in my country then buddy... the police force is entirely black besides 2 white officers.. the government is completely black and xenophobic to foreigners and 90% of the country is african american.

Not everyone lives in a country like the united states. There are alot of countries where various different ethnic groups are on the receiving end of certain ill giving.

Just like anyone who isn't muslim is is discriminated against in the middle east. The people in control of the government, will always oppress the minority of a country, it doesn't matter what color they are.

Also... I dont remember saying I was exploited or suffering.. I was just making the point it happens to white people too lol; To be honest, I really dont give a fuck, its a fact of life, deal with it. Not everyone wants to be pitied like the special snowflakes on tumblr
2841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
It's a double edged topic.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

moonhawk81 wrote:
You know, before I let myself be drawn into this discussion, I had actually spent a couple of comfortable hours just watching new anime. I see now anew the wisdom of my original intention to avoid this thread. Alas, my hubris! Please, sir, enjoy your evening, knowing that even while you cuss me and mine, we continue to do our best to protect you along with everyone else.


I like this viewpoint. Prophylaxis gets all the win.
7445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
I live near like almost 30 minutes from where it happened, and the news has been talking about the story a lot... especially tonight.. they showed the video
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15
I was getting more at the point that we don't really have a reason to think he is aside for the fact that his victim was black and that just assuming he is (and those who do similar acts are as well) is just counter-productive to everybody.

I think your reply was meant for me, if not just disregard
35037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
Slager jogs back over to that thing I mentioned flying back behind him earlier, picks it up, and drops it right next to Scott. Slowing the video down makes the drop next to Scott a lot easier to see, and it's hard to assume that it could be anything other than Slager's taser. Slager still gets his trial, but I'm pretty sure he's done for in light of this video evidence. This is pretty compelling evidence that Slager shot and killed an unarmed man who posed no threat to him and then attempted to plant evidence in an effort to justify having done so.

We'll just have to see how things go from here.


Shrapnel893 wrote:

No, I don't believe I did. Thanks, though, for providing one. I'll edit the original post.


I must've read too much into your caution about Yahoo! News, then. Either way, no harm done it seems.

1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15

Biggle wrote:

It's a double edged topic.


it's really not... stuff like this makes me annoyed. people have to find something wrong against the victim especially when they're a poc... there's always a what if what if and it's like ??? there's obviously nothing to debate. the cop clearly murdered a man. there is absolutely no justifying it and trying to play devil's advocate shows what kind of person you are honestly. this isn't something to be opinionated about -- when it comes to racism in general there are only two sides you can be on: the right side and the wrong side. many people posting in this thread are clearly on the wrong side.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
*sad sigh*

I don't even know anymore. I'm tired, humanity.
38189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

teallerina wrote:

And yet, what would have happened if the guy shot had been white and the cop black? The number of situations like that, that the media ignores. Anyway, I'm sure certain people will be protesting - yet you'll never see these same people protesting if the man killed was black by a black copper, or white by a black cop.

It is only racist and wrong when a white cop kills a black person, remember that folks! Nothing else matters!

Anyway, as usual the black bro did the wrong thing, but the media will not focus on that only "omg a black man was killed by a white cop woo!". Still, wish only tasers were used.


Really? Feel free to do any search you want to on black cops killing white people. Don't find many, do you? Now run the same search for white cop killing black people. Just a bit of an increase, right? Now why do you think that is? If you want to be hateful, that's your right, I guess. But don't pretend that there is any kind of logical reason for it.
38189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


eightcar wrote:


AiYumega wrote:



Don't assume every member of law enforcement is on a racist killing spree is all I'm saying. I agree that recently there's too much of it, but to place blame on every single cop and treat them like trash for what you think they are out doing is like blaming every single table in your house when you stub your foot.


Not every cop does it, but they ALL cover up for it! Until the ones that don't do it stop covering for the ones that do, they are all BAD!


People who believe like you do only help perpetuate the problem. I would say more but none of it is nice so I will leave it at that.


So would you say that the people who are upset about the problem do more to 'perpetuate' it then those who cover it up, or do they do less?
YD862 
10118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
I hate to read comments saying "what if" scenerios. "What if the guy that shot him were black?" "What if it was white on white?" You know what? It doesnt matter to me at all what color either of them were. What matters to me is that now a father of four is no longer able to come home to their family.

If anyone thinks racism somehow no longer exists or are angry because they feel their race isnt getting enough attention in that area, you need to rethink your life because your missing the whole point of all of this. Police brutality is a MAJOR issue that has existed for a very very long time. The only reason it is on blast now is simply because everyone has a phone with a camera lately. Some people were talking about how they lived during a "golden era" of the police, I hate to break it to you, but that time never existed. There have always been idiots that join the police just like there are idiots in every line of work.

Police are HUMAN! understand that they make mistakes as well, nobody is perfect. The problem is, what happens when you give someone who goes through the same problems and issues as we do the authority to kill others? Add to that the fact that they are contstantly dealing with people who are violent and unruly and you get a person who is quick on the trigger finger, whether that person is racist or not.

It dissapoints me when I look at an article like this and immediately recognize that the main point of it is racism which can neither be proven nor disproven in terms of this case. What we need to be focussing on is the fact that this man MURDERED someone who did not deserve to die. Then he attempts to plant evidence to cover his blunder up. Did the guy do something wrong by running? Yes most defninelty, but that does not excuse the outcome of this at all!

How about we stop making this about race and start making about people in positions of authority who abuse their power then attempt cover it up? Food for thought
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/15 , edited 4/7/15
Here is my unbiased opinion, based on the video alone:

Definitely looked like outright murder. I expect the defense will bring up his state of mind, but him planting the stun gun pretty much shows that his state of mind was not impacted too much.

I saw nothing at all to indicate racism, though that's not to say it wasn't the motive. It could have likely just been that the cop felt he could get away with killing the man to make his job easier. Another case could be that he actually knew the victim personally, or have had another occurrence with him previously, and held some sort of vendetta or another motive for killing him.

Anyway, what it looked like to me was not a cop murdering someone, but a person capable of murder murdering someone. Someone who wants to kill will kill, regardless of having a badge or not. The extra authority or gun just makes it a bit easier.
10633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 4/7/15
there wasn't any indication of racism from shooting the guy 8 times, just like there wasn't racism when the police strangled Eric Garner to death.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.