First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do there exist gay conservatives?
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
The kiddies here and their libertarian talking points astound me.

Their basic theory is that People should be allowed to discriminate because the "free market" will decide.

That is utter horseshit!

Learn from history!

Jim Crow used the personal property rights trump civil rights routine to make life for people of color miserable!

I suggest all the naive libertarian kiddies read up on Jim Crow laws. After that if they still hold the beliefs they do, it is because they are bigots hiding behind a naive political ideology!
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 4/8/15 , edited 4/8/15


Hope this helps.
Posted 4/8/15
I have my 'namu amida butsu'
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Why not conservative? sexual orientation and political beliefs are two different things. otherwise all straights would vote for the same party.


Ask Dick
Cheney.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

Better than them being obnoxious far left neo nazi's.

Why does it matter who they support?

Not all conservatives are against marriage equality, just the non secular conservatives are.

I consider myself in the middle. I agree with some conservative talking points and I agree with some liberal talking points.

Not every conservative is a bigot like some leftest youtubers would have you believe.


I'm not certain what it's like at Star Fleet command but Nazi's are usually associated with the far right even though they were called National Socialists.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
Wait. Libertarians are now the face of Jim Crow in the minds of liberals? Has up suddenly become down or something? What planet are we living on?

I'm sorry, but that's completely absurd. The Jim Crow Laws were imposed by State government and imposed those restrictions on private businesses. An extremely non Libertarian sort of thing to do, wouldn't you say? And it was specifically helmed by big government Democrats. You're 45, you should probably learn history yourself.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

VZ68 wrote:



Hope this helps.


Not chaotic neutral that would be lawful neutral or true neutral.

Chaotic neutral

Look its a hole in the ground party lets go around it.

I leap in or go home or take a nap and the list goes on and on. Chaotic neutral is really hard to play if you are doing it right, my friends loved when I did this got us into so much trouble. I had a quarter if I wasn't sure which if the really stupid ideas that had popped into my head was the best. They feared that quarter.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
Clickbait-y but CR has very very few trolls.

Basically because being conservative doesn't mean you have to agree on ALL issues, or if one undoes it all for you. You can be conservative in many many ways, but still have one issue that undoes it for you.

I'm very liberal, but I disagree on a lot of the liberal things put forth.

I see much need for public funding of various sectors, but disagree that those funds are spent in the most efficient ways, I support creating jobs to create and upgrade infrastructure, but think that there's too much reliance on old models, and that green energy and public transit over massive roadways as the way to go, for example. I see obsession over incosequential or minimal health and safety issues, which result in greater and greater mandates that actually add to bureaucracy, rather than having actual impact. I support greater taxation of corporations and individuals of obscene wealth, and find that social services should be made more universal, and yet, should be implemented in a more efficient way, partially by raising the lower thresholds which still cause millions in need to fail to get said services because they JUUUUUUUST fall under the cutoffs. I support second amendment rights, despite firmly believing there's very little reason one should actually have for owning guns. I think government should be shrunk, but that more so it needs to be revised and overhauled because after 300 years, there's a lot of irrelevant BS and junk that clogs up the way it works. I do NOT support a smaller government with less power, nor do I support a reversal to colonial government. I just want one that's lightweight and flexible and able to adapt and perform more efficiently to the needs of current times. I thinkthe number one job of the government is economic health, both of the country as a whole, but also on an individual level, and think between taxation and regulation, we should be engineering the economy to be FAAAAAAAR less disparate than it is. I'd get rid of copyright laws, or at least revise them to be far less restrictive, so that ideas and innovation are encouraged (because innovation and ideas are build upon other ideas and innovations, and copyrights block more variations and mutations of an idea (innovation) than the original concept is worth). Instead, regulation of an industry can set higher and higher standards, which, should be enforced (like how we're grossly behind on our emissions goals for automobiles).

So overall, you can see that I hold to liberal ideals and fairly socialist, but I disagree quite a bit on implementation, and what those liberal ideals mean.
2299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / US
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
We come in all shapes, sizes, beliefs,non beliefs, colors, stripes. Just because someone is homosexual doesn't mean it's nonsensical to support or vote their conscience. My sister's gay and she's more conservative than I am and I'm very much so.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

Balzack wrote:

Wait. Libertarians are now the face of Jim Crow in the minds of liberals? Has up suddenly become down or something? What planet are we living on?

I'm sorry, but that's completely absurd. The Jim Crow Laws were imposed by State government and imposed those restrictions on private businesses. An extremely non Libertarian sort of thing to do, wouldn't you say? And it was specifically helmed by big government Democrats. You're 45, you should probably learn history yourself.


1) Yes it was helmed by democrats...BEFORE the civil rights act was passed and the conservatives fled the democratic party and went to the republicans. I know RWNJs (Right Wing Nut Jobs) love to gloss over this fact when it has been conservatives all along who actively support bigotry.

2) The basis of Jim Crow centering around personal property trumping civil rights is a long standing libertarian idea. Nice try at muddying the waters there.

You are a conservative who calls himself libertarian because you know that conservatives are basically bigots, through and through. As such conservatives like you have try to co-opt libertarianism and people like Rand Paul are a perfect example of it!

You want to see how libertarianism should work...read a book

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. But also take note of how inclusive and diverse the people are and how accepting they are of others.



dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/8/15 , edited 4/8/15
I'm a liberal coming to take your freedom, run, cower, be afraid!!


Liberals and libertarians are not so different, we just have a different ideas of how to maximise freedom in a society. Liberals (or at least me as we are only speaking for ourselves here) see laws as a way to increase freedom in a society, we restrict some actions because they adversely effect the freedoms of others. Libertarians do not agree with this approach.

Too much hating going on here not enough loving. Lets be more what we are for and less what we are against.

People are more than political labels.
1010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
Please don't take a handful of obnoxious right wing people, and assume all republicans are that extreme.
Many, if not most people, don't consider religion, abortion, gay marriage, etc into politics.
Abortion will never be illegal, there will always be religious freedom, etc.
I vote republican because I like the politics actually involved in the economy, and the actual functioning of the government.
In my opinion, religion and the like have no place in politics. It's not conductive to anything.
35059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/8/15
Stop! STOP! He's already dead!!!

No, but seriously. Troll thread. OP's banned. Time to pack up.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 4/8/15

megahobbit wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:

This is by far the stupidest thread I've ever read.


Silversongwriters gone much stupider.





I'm with ya!
54609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 米国
Offline
Posted 4/8/15 , edited 4/8/15
Just me or this threads are starting to get weird?

-Mastergold
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.