First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Fate of RWBY
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 7/22/15
OMG who cares if it's anime or not. RWBY is awesome.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/8/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



I wasn't planning on starting a debate. I was just stating a fact. -_-


This is exactly how a pointless argument starts lol.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 5/9/15


When people refuse to acknowledge a fact, yes
bhl88 
75215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 5/8/15
The licencors have already recognized it as anime (it means that it was good enough to be anime).
An9el 
28910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 5/16/15
i like RWBY but it has nothing on Fate
29382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/31/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



When people refuse to acknowledge a fact, yes


Even if people acknowledge your opinion as factual, it's irrelevant. If it's considered Anime, then anything you say is a denial of the irrefutable fact that it is considered anime. Also, since it's on Crunchyroll, I would consider it Anime. Not sure what else it could be classified as. But since it's considered an Anime, your factual opinion is simply a denial of the irrefutable fact that RWBY is classified as Anime. While one could argue that the definition of Anime is Japanese Animation, it has since become more of a diverse art style. Monty Oum, the creator of RWBY, even classified it as Anime.

So, who's refusing to acknowledge a fact now?
17771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
well, dont forget the stupid 'im embarrased point index fingers at each other' thing that is so comom in anime that ruby did early in season1; if its not anime then it was trying damn hard to be.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/31/15


Anime is japanese. RWBY isn't. That is a fact, no matter how many people want to classify it as anime. And the creator of RWBY is an idiot. If he wants that american shit to be considered anime, then he is not a true fan of anime. REAL anime, I'm talking about. I take it as a personal insult that they tried to pass that off as anime, and I am disappointed in every anime fan that decides to accept it as anime when it is an undeniable fact that it isn't.
16599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Gosford, NSW, Aus...
Offline
Posted 5/31/15 , edited 6/1/15
Ok, you don't like it..move along now...also have some respect for the dead.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
Funny thing is RWBY was officially classed as an anime when it finally got a release in japan. So It's the first official anime outside asia, where as Avatar/korra is anime/asian inspired but is still western at it's core.

As for the fate of rwby, i think we'll get a fair few more seasons before the story concludes. If anything, I think Monty's stories will inspire others to continue it the way he would have done it.
5135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York, USA
Offline
Posted 6/4/15

DalekCaan
Funny thing is RWBY was officially classed as an anime when it finally got a release in japan. So It's the first official anime outside asia, where as Avatar/korra is anime/asian inspired but is still western at it's core.


Thing is, most animation is listed as anime in Japan. Last time I checked, "anime" is used in Japan to describe pretty much any animated series or film regardless of its country of origin, so even Disney movies are usually listed as anime there.
As for whether RWBY and Avatar are anime, I see where the disagreement comes from as both shows use an anime art style but were made in the USA; but I don't really understand why people make such a big deal of it.
717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

OMG who cares if it's anime or not. RWBY is awesome.


Absolutely with you on that one - and it's getting at least one more season - yay!
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Okay....i'm not being funny or anything but RWBY isn't actually an anime

RWBY is close enough that most anime fans won't care.

5098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/15
I couldn't care less since RWBY is just a generic battle show with over the top fights and graphics that look like they were taken from a WonderSwan. Terrible story, sub par voice acting, generic characters...really not anything good.
61602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

FumaLeifoh wrote:
I couldn't care less since RWBY is just a generic battle show with over the top fights and graphics that look like they were taken from a WonderSwan. Terrible story, sub par voice acting, generic characters...really not anything good.

then why are you here?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.