First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply That moment when you realize that you have a crush.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

Schmooples wrote:

I've definitely been instantly smitten before! Most notably was about a year ago. She was such an amazing little angel, and we spent a few days together, played some video games, and just had a lot of fun. I still think back on that time, and even though it didn't go anywhere (it couldn't, really), I still consider it the happiest I've been in years.

I've had quite a few long-distance relationships, but those were mainly in my younger years. Distance can be a hard thing to counter, but I think some people could be worth it. It depends on many factors, though, and can be hard to predict how it will all end.

Some of my girlfriends in the past were instantly interesting to me, but it wasn't quite as powerful as the first girl I mentioned. For several of them, that initial attraction faded, and I ended up having to break it off... I agree with Dark_Childe here: breaking hearts is absolutely the worst.

At any rate, I hope you find a route that suits you, PruBenAzul. I'll be rooting for you! In my head, at least.


Thank you! I'll be rooting for you as well!
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

Dark_Childe wrote:




I know the difference between love and infatuation, having experienced and lost both <.<

Does it make sense?

Yeah, it does. You're not thinking only of yourself, and of what kind of scenario you might be putting her in, with discrimination in the world we live in. I can only imagine how it might feel, if I could guess, like being in a minefield. Just try to find out more about her situation and how things in her life are set up, with her family, work, and friends, if you already know and that advice doesn't help, (carefully) tell her how you feel, I know its hard, but thats how you know. Gain as much information as you can so you can make sound judgements and minimalize loss for all sides. Sorry, its my best guess, I'm tired.


Yes that makes a lot of sense, and I agree with you. I'm definitely going to learn more about her before I put her through that gauntlet. I have an idea about how she feels, but I wouldn't want to jump the gun on something this important. And actually, I'll be going to a convention next year that she'll be attending as well. So it's kinda like 11 months of preparation. If I were to ask her out, I'd rather do it in person. It sucks though, because a lot of things could happen in 11 months.

But all and all, I'll just have to see where this crazy as heck crush takes me. Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!
1229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

pirththee wrote:

The only "Crush" I have is preceded by Diet Orange.


This made me giggle.

But all in all, yeah, I've had a few crushes. Especially with goin to college now. Just recently got my heart kinda broken with this girl that I liked. The worst part is, she liked me too. But after we kissed, we each didn't really feel a spark, or fireworks, so to speak. Though I still wanted to continue the little pseudo-relationship thing we had , since I enjoyed hanging out with her, but she just wanted to be friends, since she felt little from it. This kinda sucked... especially since everyone thought we were already dating. Her friends would be like "how are you and her doing?" And I was just like... fine? I didn't really know how to approach that kind of question, since it was never established that we were a couple.

So I guess the lesson learned is to be a better kisser, that way there will be fireworks... But nah in all seriousness, I think it only reinforced the fact I shouldn't try to rush things with the girl I like. We really didn't know each other too long anyways, so maybe had we learned more about each other, we would've felt more, or less, and it might not have hurt at all.
Posted 4/13/15
when my toe starts bleeding
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

proxydata wrote:



@OP did you meet the girl at a convention? I am just curious cause I go to many conventions but I never meet anyone whom liked me or I like them in the way you describe.. I am jealous really... good for you


Actually I did not. We met online through my rp account.

I had recently become friends with one of her friends through one of the Hetalia facebook pages. One day, her friend posted a status and the three of us started a very long conversation and that's how I met her. They had just gotten back from a convention and she was confused because she thought she had met me but couldn't remember and was upset with herself. Lol It was a good laugh how we literally met by chance. I'm hoping I can meet her in person next year at a convention.

And never give up! Cons are crazy and everyone is either at their breaking points, or enjoying the "con high". You never know how or when you'll meet that person!
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/13/15 , edited 4/13/15

joey823 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The only "Crush" I have is preceded by Diet Orange.


This made me giggle.

But all in all, yeah, I've had a few crushes. Especially with goin to college now. Just recently got my heart kinda broken with this girl that I liked. The worst part is, she liked me too. But after we kissed, we each didn't really feel a spark, or fireworks, so to speak. Though I still wanted to continue the little pseudo-relationship thing we had , since I enjoyed hanging out with her, but she just wanted to be friends, since she felt little from it. This kinda sucked... especially since everyone thought we were already dating. Her friends would be like "how are you and her doing?" And I was just like... fine? I didn't really know how to approach that kind of question, since it was never established that we were a couple.

So I guess the lesson learned is to be a better kisser, that way there will be fireworks... But nah in all seriousness, I think it only reinforced the fact I shouldn't try to rush things with the girl I like. We really didn't know each other too long anyways, so maybe had we learned more about each other, we would've felt more, or less, and it might not have hurt at all.

I don't know anything about relationships, but you're still friends so it's cool.
Look at it this way.
Everytime the spark ignited for me I ended up getting served 6 months later.So the moral is, don't become a better kisser .Go to Law school.
Posted 4/13/15 , edited 4/13/15


And then a lot of longing.
17467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15 , edited 4/13/15

PruBenAzul wrote:

Have you ever just crushed on someone shortly after meeting them? Like instant chemistry where all of the sudden, you've just met this person but you've already been talking to them for hours and everyday since?

Yeah.

But geeze, I'm so conflicted because I dislike relationships and long distance ones are even worse..but she's just so...I would date her. I would seriously and honestly date her.


I have actually. Shes on my CR now. It was unexpected and it just sort of happened. ;P..About two weeks ago.. Give it a shot right? I remember reading you dislike being commited. But why not try?
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 4/13/15 , edited 4/13/15
I have that feel when I look in the mirror.
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 4/13/15 , edited 4/13/15
Yes I have. And I was attracted to her not because she was attractive physically (tbh, she's a really ordinary looking girl) but because we instantly clicked and had really good chemistry. Long story short maybe a bit longer, she suspected that I liked her and she told me she only wants me to see her as a friend, I was a bit sad but I just kept doing my thing. Our relationship got better, we were more open with each other. Talked at 3 am one night and she told me that she started liking me because I never changed after what happened. Annnnnnnnnd we're dating
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 4/13/15
Yeah, I totally have had that.

It really is a conflicting situation when there is long distance involved.. falling for exchange students is not easy at all. Even so some people you meet make you not want to worry about the whole distance aspect.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

MrChamploo wrote:



I have actually. Shes on my CR now. It was unexpected and it just sort of happened. ;P..About two weeks ago.. Give it a shot right? I remember reading you dislike being commited. But why not try?


That's cool! Are you guys dating?

And I'm going to talk to her a bit more. It's just a little complicated because A) It's long distance and My family is homophobic but I should be moving out in about a year. And I don't want to put her through that.

As for being committed in a straight relationship, I tend to try too hard. Does that make sense? And I'm naive and get played quite a bit. So I'm wary of relationships. It's not that I don't like relationships, it's more like I've never had a good experience being in one so I tell myself that I dislike relationships.
8281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

DudeItsMark wrote:

Yes I have. And I was attracted to her not because she was attractive physically (tbh, she's a really ordinary looking girl) but because we instantly clicked and had really good chemistry. Long story short maybe a bit longer, she suspected that I liked her and she told me she only wants me to see her as a friend, I was a bit sad but I just kept doing my thing. Our relationship got better, we were more open with each other. Talked at 3 am one night and she told me that she started liking me because I never changed after what happened. Annnnnnnnnd we're dating


THAT. Is an amazing story! I'm glad for you and wish you guys the best!
2551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 4/13/15
nope never felt that
17467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 4/13/15

PruBenAzul wrote:


MrChamploo wrote:



I have actually. Shes on my CR now. It was unexpected and it just sort of happened. ;P..About two weeks ago.. Give it a shot right? I remember reading you dislike being commited. But why not try?


That's cool! Are you guys dating?

And I'm going to talk to her a bit more. It's just a little complicated because A) It's long distance and My family is homophobic but I should be moving out in about a year. And I don't want to put her through that.

As for being committed in a straight relationship, I tend to try too hard. Does that make sense? And I'm naive and get played quite a bit. So I'm wary of relationships. It's not that I don't like relationships, it's more like I've never had a good experience being in one so I tell myself that I dislike relationships.


We are dating. And it's also long distance but when there's a will there's a way. I have no problems planning to go meet her and all that. But that would just come with time for you. And your family shouldn't be controlling who your with. You should be able to be with who you want too be. And you say put her through that,just mention if if shes willing too why not go through it with her? Mention it if it get's that far and see her opinion.

It's harder to get played in long distance,also if it's not there it would be easily noticed. Don't you think you would regret it if you didnt even try? It's ok to be scared but.. Keep talking and if it happens dont be afraid to take a step? I would say keep talking and if the chance comes up snag it up. Moments like that are rare.

GO FOR IT ;O

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.