Post Reply Account randomly deleted after getting Premium.
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/15 , edited 4/13/15
The other night before I went to work a friend of mine sent me a coupon Code for 12 months of premium. Right after I used it I went to fix up my profile then I left for work. When I got back that morning I went to sign in and it said "Account not found". I thought it was strange so I tried to recover via email and it said "Email not found". I went ahead and made my account again assuming it would fix it but I still don't have my Premium. I still have the Coupon code that he sent to me but now it's invalid, could anyone help me? :/

P.S. This is the page I was given to get my premium. When I go to it, it says it has already been redeemed. Which it was redeemed by me.


Posted 4/14/15

DeaththeKidHF wrote:

The other night before I went to work a friend of mine sent me a coupon Code for 12 months of premium. Right after I used it I went to fix up my profile then I left for work. When I got back that morning I went to sign in and it said "Account not found". I thought it was strange so I tried to recover via email and it said "Email not found". I went ahead and made my account again assuming it would fix it but I still don't have my Premium. I still have the Coupon code that he sent to me but now it's invalid, could anyone help me? :/

P.S. This is the page I was given to get my premium. When I go to it, it says it has already been redeemed. Which it was redeemed by me.




There a slight possibility you may have been hack. I suggest that until support give you answer, that you change passwords in others accounts if you use the same password.
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/14/15
I actually just recently changed my passwords so I doubt I was hacked. And if I was I would have gotten a notification from my email. But yeah hopefully they can return my Premium to me.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/14/15 , edited 4/14/15
Whom/where did you receive the code from? Did you pay for it?
20406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/14/15
12 months of premium?
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/14/15

Waifu-Chan wrote:

12 months of premium?


Yes, gifts come in flavors of 1 month, 3 months and 12 months.
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/14/15

shinryou wrote:

Whom/where did you receive the code from? Did you pay for it?


A buddy of mine just sent me the coupon link and that's how I got it. I linked it in the original post.
The Wise Wizard
100949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/14/15

DeaththeKidHF wrote:

I actually just recently changed my passwords so I doubt I was hacked. And if I was I would have gotten a notification from my email.

I'm not certain CR sends an e-mail to the original account when the e-mail is changed. It certainly should, but I can't recall if it did it when I changed mine quite some time ago. If my original account received an e-mail, I apparently deleted it.

If CR doesn't send an "e-mail changed" notification to the original e-mail address (in addition to the "confirm e-mail change" request it sends to the new one), someone would never know their account had been hijacked until they tried to log in. The intruder would first log in with the password, then change the e-mail address, then the password.

1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/14/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


DeaththeKidHF wrote:

I actually just recently changed my passwords so I doubt I was hacked. And if I was I would have gotten a notification from my email.

I'm not certain CR sends an e-mail to the original account when the e-mail is changed. It certainly should, but I can't recall if it did it when I changed mine quite some time ago. If my original account received an e-mail, I apparently deleted it.

If CR doesn't send an "e-mail changed" notification to the original e-mail address (in addition to the "confirm e-mail change" request it sends to the new one), someone would never know their account had been hijacked until they tried to log in. The intruder would first log in with the password, then change the e-mail address, then the password.



What I meant was I would have seen a notification from my email stating that someone had logged in. A higher up and I are now discussing this in a private message.
Posted 4/15/15
I'm glad you're getting this taken care of. I had the same kind of thing happen but havn't had any kind of response from anyone higher up with regards to this and my previous account under the name Chalsoa.
That entire account seems to have vanished from what I can tell, and I've now had about a week of paid for Premium time gone....
The Wise Wizard
100949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/15/15

DeaththeKidHF wrote:

What I meant was I would have seen a notification from my email stating that someone had logged in.

I may be confused about what you mean, as I've never seen CR send an e-mail when someone logs into an account, and there is no setting for it in notifications.

In contrast, it is common practice when an e-mail address is changed on an account for a notification to be sent to the old e-mail address.

1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


DeaththeKidHF wrote:

What I meant was I would have seen a notification from my email stating that someone had logged in.

I may be confused about what you mean, as I've never seen CR send an e-mail when someone logs into an account, and there is no setting for it in notifications.

In contrast, it is common practice when an e-mail address is changed on an account for a notification to be sent to the old e-mail address.



Hnnnng, what I'm saying is if I was hacked THEN I would have gotten a notification via my phone from Gmail considering I changed my passwords recently. Although, after speaking to one of the higher ups I now know what happened to my account.
Der Zoodirektor
23419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/15/15
I'll resolve your issue tomorrow. Today I had no time to effectively look at the whole situation.
Posted 1/3/16
Can you please tell me happened to your account? I'm going through the same situation but my account disappeared after my 1 month membership ended and I've been ignored by Crunchyroll support (I requested help and sent an email a week ago).
Posted 1/3/16
Excuse me, could you help me too? I'm stuck in the same situation and I tried contacting Crunchyroll support but it's been a week and they haven't even tried to help me.
You must be logged in to post.