First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Itunes Japan buying restrictions, the dumbest decision ever?
14954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/16/15
Buy a Japanese iTunes card, register an account on Japan iTunes with a different email address then the one you used for your country's version, plug in iTunes card code and voila...you can buy music. And it syncs with your domestic account. Works for me and I buy a lot of Japanese music.

Seriously..if you really want to buy your music, you can. I hate that people think that it's cool because their country blocks it when the solution is easy to find on the interwebs. I think it's stupid that Japan won't let us buy the music with our domestic accounts but at leas their is a (complicated) solution.
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 4/16/15

Akage-chan wrote:

Buy a Japanese iTunes card, register an account on Japan iTunes with a different email address then the one you used for your country's version, plug in iTunes card code and voila...you can buy music. And it syncs with your domestic account. Works for me and I buy a lot of Japanese music.

Seriously..if you really want to buy your music, you can. I hate that people think that it's cool because their country blocks it when the solution is easy to find on the interwebs. I think it's stupid that Japan won't let us buy the music with our domestic accounts but at leas their is a (complicated) solution.


Thanks for sharing this info.

Then again, they sell JP Itunes cards in the States now ? 'cus if not making other ppl to buy em for you and sending the code using an e-mail is finding holes in the ToS, although as it has been said previously those cards are nontransferable, ergo, illegal. Neither to buy 500 USD worth in cards when we are on Japan since its unpractical. IMHO

Making another account again is not the issue, everyone can do it, but for non-japanese speakers for sure they have to follow a walkthrough guide to know what to push/fill out while doing it. Or guess it like "I remember I pushed this when I did my NA account so prolly will do the same in here" Although having a totally different Itunes account seems to solve the issue of swapping Itunes stores, but, honestly, i haven't tried that so I'll check it out, sounds a little odd that the IOS accepts more than one account at a time in an Iphone or an Ipad.

I didn't say it wasn't tough to find a loophole, my point is we shouldn't be jumping on rules' loopholes to get what we want, especially if we want it legit. Because of that, many don't even bother and use a lot of piracy sites, sadly.
27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/16/15
I don't care if I'm "illegally" paying for Japanese iTunes cards. I just bought a 5000 yen one so I can legally get anime music. I'm supporting the artists not iTunes so I don't care what iTunes thinks.
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 4/16/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

I don't care if I'm "illegally" paying for Japanese iTunes cards. I just bought a 5000 yen one so I can legally get anime music. I'm supporting the artists not iTunes so I don't care what iTunes thinks.


True, but wouldn't be great if we just we don't have to deal with all these crap and just be able to buy stuff without going around the bushes ?
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/16/15
Download it for free.
If the people who hold the rights are so intent on not letting you buy their music, then they don't deserve the money. Period.
It's not like they were going to get it anyway... Why should you suffer for their idiocy?
14954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/16/15
Heno,

People give iTunes cards to each other as gifts all the time. I buy some for my relatives and give them during the holidays. How is this any different than buying cards from websites that sell them? People buy iTunes cards on E-bay all the time from resellers and yet Apple doesn't crack down on them.

I agree with you that it's stupid that we have to go to such lengths and mentioned that in my first post. And I've downloaded Japanese music for free under the "if you won't let me buy it legally" mantra before as well.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 4/16/15
yeah I've run into that problem even on amazon, I'm trying to get the mp3 version of this album



the only thing is the US Itunes and amazon stores don't have the mp3 available to buy. amazon sells the CD but with shipping it would cost over $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Utsu-Warufuzake-Japan-CD-DGSA-10077/dp/B00D409F0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429234393&sr=8-1&keywords=utsup

actually they only have one album in mp3 format for sale, which I already have <_<. I believe itunes has it too but I really don't use itunes anymore

http://www.amazon.com/MOKSHA-Utsu-P/dp/B00NJ39GYG/ref=sr_1_2?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1429234671&sr=1-2&keywords=utsup
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 4/16/15

Akage-chan wrote:

Heno,

People give iTunes cards to each other as gifts all the time. I buy some for my relatives and give them during the holidays. How is this any different than buying cards from websites that sell them? People buy iTunes cards on E-bay all the time from resellers and yet Apple doesn't crack down on them.


Yeah when you buy a gift card you transfer credit to someone else.

Your point about reselling is, in my humble opinion, same as when you want to buy your favorite game event ticket from a reseller, you have to pay more for something that has already a price set. Penalties varies on each state. But even with or without penalties is playing smarty pants with the rules of something it already has a selling system. In the case of Itunes it has a moronic implemented sale system based on regions.

People will get caught, punished or banned because of buying resold Itunes cards from a fishy/"trusted" site ? I think not. That violates the ToS ? Yes. Do ppl feel awesome or clever for playing around the rules? Yah, I'm sure.


I agree with you that it's stupid that we have to go to such lengths and mentioned that in my first post. And I've downloaded Japanese music for free under the "if you won't let me buy it legally" mantra before as well.


Sadly I've done that too, not saying I'm a saint. And when I do, it frustrates the hell out of me.

But I strongly believe that we shouldn't bother with turnarounds, giving our favorite artists the recognition and the money they do deserve and stop giving our well earned money to intermediaries.

Again thanks for your comments.(´・ω・)
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 4/16/15 , edited 4/16/15

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Download it for free.
If the people who hold the rights are so intent on not letting you buy their music, then they don't deserve the money. Period.
It's not like they were going to get it anyway... Why should you suffer for their idiocy?


Are they stupid ? Oh yeah they are. To a point I cannot understand it.

Do I download piracy to punish em cus they are stupid ? nah, as many others here pretty much i didn't have any other rational option.

Do the artist do deserve to be punished and, ergo, not to be payed 'cus sellers idiocy ? I really don't think so.
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 4/16/15

longdanzi103 wrote:

yeah I've run into that problem even on amazon, I'm trying to get the mp3 version of this album



the only thing is the US Itunes and amazon stores don't have the mp3 available to buy. amazon sells the CD but with shipping it would cost over $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Utsu-Warufuzake-Japan-CD-DGSA-10077/dp/B00D409F0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429234393&sr=8-1&keywords=utsup

actually they only have one album in mp3 format for sale, which I already have <_<. I believe itunes has it too but I really don't use itunes anymore

http://www.amazon.com/MOKSHA-Utsu-P/dp/B00NJ39GYG/ref=sr_1_2?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1429234671&sr=1-2&keywords=utsup


Yah buying a physical CD is not an option, at all.

Well, glad you got it, and as many of us you got the mp3 on a site I suppose. Just wish we could do something to support the artists without this bs around us.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/17/15 , edited 4/17/15

henohenomoheiji wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

Download it for free.
If the people who hold the rights are so intent on not letting you buy their music, then they don't deserve the money. Period.
It's not like they were going to get it anyway... Why should you suffer for their idiocy?


Are they stupid ? Oh yeah they are. To a point I cannot understand it.

Do I download piracy to punish em cus they are stupid ? nah, as many others here pretty much i didn't have any other rational option.

Do the artist do deserve to be punished and, ergo, not to be payed 'cus sellers idiocy ? I really don't think so.


Piracy is the reason we even have things like iTunes or Spotify in the first place. If the customers are bending over backwards for the corporations, the corporations have no reason to give the customers a better deal.

That's why we have iTunes and Spotify. Because the corporations saw that they couldn't compete with piracy with the model they had, so they had to give the customers new and better services in order to keep up.

Same thing here. If you don't give them a reason to better their shity practices, they'll keep on going with their shitty practices.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
Because Itunes is crap
1590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / どこも
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
I would buy the itunes Japan card. A site I found all the reviews are good. And at the very least we can hear like a minute of the free sample.
14522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
Might as well also add a required signature from the president of the US and a rock from the moon to watch anime.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.