First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you fix ur heart
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
do something you enjoy for a long period of time
Posted 4/17/15
Alright. Sounds like you need some chocolate.

1) Think: In order to be this disappointed, you must have had expectations from that person. What were you expecting from this person? Was it reasonable to expect this from that person?

2) Try to rationalise with yourself over the situation. Don't think "me me me me me" every single second.

3) If this doesn't work... Then you have to give yourself time. Just drop it. Let it go. What has happened, has already happened. There's nothing that will change it. You have got to move on.

4) It will take at least a month to accept everything and feel alright about it.

Tip. Don't hold grudges please.

Listen to music, find new hobbies, go out with other friends and nurture your other relationships.

Make time for yourself, friends and family.

Smile.

Just keep smiling.

Good luck!
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
No idea.Time and maybe a stint.
11891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
I do nothing. I don't try to avoid it or think about it. I just do what comes naturally. If I feel like it I sleep, watch anime, go outside or cry. After enough time the effect goes away and everything goes back to normal.
Posted 4/17/15

Cenric wrote:

I do nothing. I don't try to avoid it or think about it. I just do what comes naturally. If I feel like it I sleep, watch anime, go outside or cry. After enough time the effect goes away and everything goes back to normal.


I second this.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 4/17/15

MadameNoir wrote:


Cenric wrote:

I do nothing. I don't try to avoid it or think about it. I just do what comes naturally. If I feel like it I sleep, watch anime, go outside or cry. After enough time the effect goes away and everything goes back to normal.


I second this.


I third this.

It's easy to think about if I could have done something to prevent it, but that's hindsight and obviously not what I would have done.
Best to get on with your life.
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/17/15 , edited 4/17/15


I would have gone with Lenard Cohen but that works too. Listen and cry it out. If all else fails I go watch wolf's rain again.
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
I threw myself into work and hobbies. Always doing something, whether it was knitting, revising, watching stuff, playing musical instruments, hanging out with friends.
Exercise well and cut down on caffeine (and avoid naps) so you sleep well and heavily.
And talk through your issues with someone.
Don't be afraid or ashamed to cry.
75434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 4/17/15

TheOneTrueAero wrote:

Hey Crunchy... Heard some words that really broke me today from someone really important to me.

I'm unable to sleep(thus being posted at 1 AM eastern) So i just wanted to ask.

How do you get past a heartbreak of any type.(To separate from breakup posts)

If this is a repost... i'm sorry.


http://www.ted.com/talks/guy_winch_the_case_for_emotional_hygiene?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2015-02-21&utm_ca
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/17/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


TheOneTrueAero wrote:

Hey Crunchy... Heard some words that really broke me today from someone really important to me.

I'm unable to sleep(thus being posted at 1 AM eastern) So i just wanted to ask.

How do you get past a heartbreak of any type.(To separate from breakup posts)

If this is a repost... i'm sorry.


http://www.ted.com/talks/guy_winch_the_case_for_emotional_hygiene?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2015-02-21&utm_ca


Wonderful, wonderful post.
Posted 4/17/15 , edited 4/17/15
Take a break from social life. Kick back and watch anime, go for a run, play with some dogs.

Dogs will ease your pain.

I want a dog.
Posted 4/17/15 , edited 4/17/15
"How do you fix ur heart"

If I knew I would have done it already, although, not for the same reasons as yours.

9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
I have no heart.

And if i did it would be stone.
25620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / windurst
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
i drink and i watch corny Jdrama.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.