First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply kids voice actor/actress in anime
24281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

latinaloverTX wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:

this is what i don't get a boy get voice most of the time by a female so i was thinking why they can't get a kid who is the same age to voice that character. a boy voice by a boy; a girl voice by a girl. i know this is a stupid question but i wonder about that alot.


Wel... If you got a twelve year old to play Naruto when it debuted in 2002 he would be 25 right now. His voice would change and you'd ended up with a grown man playing a 15 year old, which really isn't that much of a problem.


but naruto's voice by a woman


Probably because a woman's voice is closer to that of a young boy when compared to a man's voice. Since Naruto remains the same age for a series that lasts 10+ years its better to get someone who won't go through puberty and may end up sounding like Barry White when it's said and done.
41715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/3/15
Child actors are in short supply, or rather, child voice actors are in very short supply. Talented ones, at least.
13945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 8/3/15
While it's not animation, live acting suffers this in a way that is visible. One of the greatest shows Nickelodeon ever produced was "The Adventures of Pete and Pete". Sadly, Danny Tamberelli couldn't avoid growing up and thus the show ended prematurely.

And I'm undoubtedly dating myself, but Peter Brady almost ruined their big recording session because his voice was changing.
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Child actors are in short supply, or rather, child voice actors are in very short supply. Talented ones, at least.


it would be interesting if the character grows up with the voice actor
41715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

latinaloverTX wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

Child actors are in short supply, or rather, child voice actors are in very short supply. Talented ones, at least.


it would be interesting if the character grows up with the voice actor



Well, there are some younger voice actors relative to the older voice actors, like therere voice actors who are 17-19 years old, but they're not exactly children.
80068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

MysticGon wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:

this is what i don't get a boy get voice most of the time by a female so i was thinking why they can't get a kid who is the same age to voice that character. a boy voice by a boy; a girl voice by a girl. i know this is a stupid question but i wonder about that alot.


Wel... If you got a twelve year old to play Naruto when it debuted in 2002 he would be 25 right now. His voice would change and you'd ended up with a grown man playing a 15 year old, which really isn't that much of a problem.


but naruto's voice by a woman


Probably because a woman's voice is closer to that of a young boy when compared to a man's voice. Since Naruto remains the same age for a series that lasts 10+ years its better to get someone who won't go through puberty and may end up sounding like Barry White when it's said and done.


naruto could have his way with the ladies XD
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

MysticGon wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


latinaloverTX wrote:

this is what i don't get a boy get voice most of the time by a female so i was thinking why they can't get a kid who is the same age to voice that character. a boy voice by a boy; a girl voice by a girl. i know this is a stupid question but i wonder about that alot.


Wel... If you got a twelve year old to play Naruto when it debuted in 2002 he would be 25 right now. His voice would change and you'd ended up with a grown man playing a 15 year old, which really isn't that much of a problem.


but naruto's voice by a woman


Probably because a woman's voice is closer to that of a young boy when compared to a man's voice. Since Naruto remains the same age for a series that lasts 10+ years its better to get someone who won't go through puberty and may end up sounding like Barry White when it's said and done.


Seems like women get a lot of young male leads not just children sometimes it throws me off cause I know its a female
24281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15


Well Goku started out as a kid so they never bothered replacing his VA when he grew up. Luffy, that was kind of weird because even though he was 7 when the series stared Toei knew there would be a 10 year time skip after the first chapter. The weirdest of the bunch though is Kenshin. He's like 30 yet he is voiced by a woman.
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

MysticGon wrote:



Well Goku started out as a kid so they never bothered replacing his VA when he grew up. Luffy, that was kind of weird because even though he was 7 when the series stared Toei knew there would be a 10 year time skip after the first chapter. The weirdest of the bunch though is Kenshin. He's like 30 yet he is voiced by a woman.

Does it throw you off balance or you can roll with it doesn't matter? Your use to it after 40 episodes?
24281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

scoobydew wrote:


MysticGon wrote:



Well Goku started out as a kid so they never bothered replacing his VA when he grew up. Luffy, that was kind of weird because even though he was 7 when the series stared Toei knew there would be a 10 year time skip after the first chapter. The weirdest of the bunch though is Kenshin. He's like 30 yet he is voiced by a woman.

Does it throw you off balance or you can roll with it doesn't matter? Your use to it after 40 episodes?


I'm at the point where I recognize VAs after a few sentences. So I'm more like "oh cool, this person is in the anime" rather than "what the fuck is this?!". So it doesn't bother me. After DBZ and hearing Goku nothing can surprise me anymore.
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

MysticGon wrote:


scoobydew wrote:


MysticGon wrote:



Well Goku started out as a kid so they never bothered replacing his VA when he grew up. Luffy, that was kind of weird because even though he was 7 when the series stared Toei knew there would be a 10 year time skip after the first chapter. The weirdest of the bunch though is Kenshin. He's like 30 yet he is voiced by a woman.

Does it throw you off balance or you can roll with it doesn't matter? Your use to it after 40 episodes?


I'm at the point where I recognize VAs after a few sentences. So I'm more like "oh cool, this person is in the anime" rather than "what the fuck is this?!". So it doesn't bother me. After DBZ and hearing Goku nothing can surprise me anymore.


I am with you there is one young male actor he has such a wine when he says senpai or anything else I grind my teeth but power thru
24281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15


Yep, I'm more put off by new VAs. Even with Megumi Han hearing her voice Gon at first was annoying. Now I think it is almost as good as his first VA.
57034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

latinaloverTX wrote:
naruto could have his way with the ladies XD


That was my thought. Sort of.

Naruto: *Barry White* "Gonna give ya all of me, as much as you can stand ...."

Sasuke:
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

MysticGon wrote:



Yep, I'm more put off by new VAs. Even with Megumi Han hearing her voice Gon at first was annoying. Now I think it is almost as good as his first VA.

Always good when male VA"s pick up smoking smooth silky sound for couple years then death or throat cancer but good for us lol
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.