First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
How many people on CR are trans?
5032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Cardiff, UK
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

perrandy wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


perrandy wrote:


Vexnexxus wrote:

Me, ahah. First time posting too. Guess it would take a discussion like this to worm me out of the lurker zone.
you see i have a fucking problem with this because its deceptive.you say that you are female when in fact you are not! and many guys will fall in to your lie.newsflash for you you are not a woman not now and never will because of your male chromosomes



Why would you have a problem with this. Even if you hold this backwards belief, it doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever if someone is transgender.
i have a problem because its deceptive as i said, you would think that you are talking to a woman but in fact its a dude with tits would you like to be deceived? hey i am feeling like an unicorn today so i must be right,right? Lol



That's on you. I could go into why the comparison between gender identity and being a unicorn is horse crap, but it's always to no avail. After the last few years I've given up trying to explain it to people who have no desire to create intelligent conversation. Have a nice day!
9764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
I'm surprised Papagolfwhiskey hasn't dropped by yet. Maybe sleeping or at work? Papagolfwhiskey is one of the top debaters here, is pretty popular, and is transgender.

Nothing wrong with asking if this is about transvestites or transgenders. I often crossdress, since I do shop in male sections.
17410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 4/18/15


Oh, you're a bigot. I will not continue, then. Btw, I'm transgender myself. Hope that makes you pissed.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 4/18/15

aeb0717 wrote:

I'm surprised Papagolfwhiskey hasn't dropped by yet. Maybe sleeping or at work? Papagolfwhiskey is one of the top debaters here, is pretty popular, and is transgender.

Nothing wrong with asking if this is about transvestites or transgenders. I often crossdress, since I do shop in male sections.


Hi

9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

perrandy wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


perrandy wrote:


Vexnexxus wrote:

Me, ahah. First time posting too. Guess it would take a discussion like this to worm me out of the lurker zone.
you see i have a fucking problem with this because its deceptive.you say that you are female when in fact you are not! and many guys will fall in to your lie.newsflash for you you are not a woman not now and never will because of your male chromosomes



Why would you have a problem with this. Even if you hold this backwards belief, it doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever if someone is transgender.
i have a problem because its deceptive as i said, you would think that you are talking to a woman but in fact its a dude with tits would you like to be deceived? hey i am feeling like an unicorn today so i must be right,right? Lol



No i wouldn't care at all if the person I was talking to turns out to be transgender. There not "deceiving" me at all.
11660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
Which one is the one where your body unconditionally changes into a different body during puberty? I don't exactly get what transvestites, transexuals, or transgender are.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

Nalaniel wrote:


Vexnexxus wrote:

No need to be so harsh about it. They probably just didn't know that transvestite is kind of offensive in some circles. The original post didn't distinguish between transgender or crossdresser, so I'd imagine that's what they were asking.


Transvestite's an offensive term? I'm sorry, I didn't know that.


I find it hilarious that the trans community on CR is unaware of what is apparently "hate speech" for them, and need to be told by people who aren't trans....>.>
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Madrid, Spain
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
I am a black lesbian woman
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 4/18/15

serifsansserif wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:


Vexnexxus wrote:

No need to be so harsh about it. They probably just didn't know that transvestite is kind of offensive in some circles. The original post didn't distinguish between transgender or crossdresser, so I'd imagine that's what they were asking.


Transvestite's an offensive term? I'm sorry, I didn't know that.


I find it hilarious that the trans community on CR is unaware of what is apparently "hate speech" for them, and need to be told by people who aren't trans....>.>


We're isolated by nature, hiding what we are sometimes for a lifetime. Community may be too strong a term at this point for whatever collection there is of us on here.

2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
When and why has transvestite become offensive? Is it in an effort to curb misunderstandings by introducing a new, and therefore neutral, term? I can't think of any other reason it would be considered bad, given that it fits into the general pattern of English and means exactly what cross-dresser does, simply through Latin channels. Etymologically, it makes a lot more sense, too.

I hope I'm not coming across as insensitive, I just like to be aware of patterns involving words. Several groups makes similar efforts: pedophiles sometimes prefer to be called MAPs because of the negative connotation that pedophile tends to have these days.

For the record, I'm not comparing gender dysphoria to pedophilia, only the terms respective to each.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:


Vexnexxus wrote:

No need to be so harsh about it. They probably just didn't know that transvestite is kind of offensive in some circles. The original post didn't distinguish between transgender or crossdresser, so I'd imagine that's what they were asking.


Transvestite's an offensive term? I'm sorry, I didn't know that.


I find it hilarious that the trans community on CR is unaware of what is apparently "hate speech" for them, and need to be told by people who aren't trans....>.>


We're isolated by nature, hiding what we are sometimes for a lifetime. Community may be too strong a term at this point for whatever collection there is of us on here.



fair point... you know people in your situation better than I...

which is kinda my point. This is the second time I've seen non-trans people go off on a tirade of SJW style proportions and COMPLETELY ignore the fact that either the trans members have disagreed with them, or, in this case, OP is trans themselves.

Kinda sucks to see that happen.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted 4/18/15

Schmooples wrote:

When and why has transvestite become offensive? Is it in an effort to curb misunderstandings by introducing a new, and therefore neutral, term? I can't think of any other reason it would be considered bad, given that it fits into the general pattern of English and means exactly what cross-dresser does, simply through Latin channels. Etymologically, it makes a lot more sense, too.

I hope I'm not coming across as insensitive, I just like to be aware of patterns involving words. Several groups makes similar efforts: pedophiles sometimes prefer to be called MAPs because of the negative connotation that pedophile tends to have these days.

For the record, I'm not comparing gender dysphoria to pedophilia, only the terms respective to each.


I think it's the difference between a label you've adopted and a label put on you by others. Transvestite was a pseudo medical term used to label deviance. CD is a self adopted label of identity. There might also be an issue with confusion with Transgender as cross dressers are a different thing.




Dragon
58342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 4/18/15
Okay, way too many personal attacks, slurs, and other problems going on here. I was trying to keep up for a bit, but now closed.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.