First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Apparently there's a convention thing going on at my university...
Posted 4/18/15

deer wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

What is it? NYU? Columbia? Im wishing mine did the same thing.


university at buffalo


Ohhhh okay so upstate.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

AiYumega wrote:


deer wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

What is it? NYU? Columbia? Im wishing mine did the same thing.


university at buffalo


Ohhhh okay so upstate.


I can hear it play in the back of your head...

"Upstate doesn't count as NY..."

lol....

You have AXNY so it's not like you can complain.... Or have they stopped doing that?

(went to it last in 2000 when they also were doing the BAAF... both were pretty damned fun)
24165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/19/15
Wait, there are people here who don't like cosplay? I thought all people who like anime also like cosplay to some degree, and isn't Crunchyroll a place where such people gather?

My life is a lie...!
Posted 4/18/15


Lol I didnt even think that. But Upstate is a totally different ballgame than us city slickers. Lot quieter and relaxed, which I envy.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/18/15

AiYumega wrote:



Lol I didnt even think that. But Upstate is a totally different ballgame than us city slickers. Lot quieter and relaxed, which I envy.


more racist and conservative too haha. you'd think upstate is better but it's only good for vacationing. you have to drive everywhere
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

Windrax wrote:

Wait, there are people here who don't like cosplay? I thought all people who like anime also like cosplay to some degree, and isn't Crunchyroll a place where such people gather?

My life is a lie...!


You couldn't pay me to cosplay. Well, maybe you could, but it would take a decent amount of money. Don't know why you would be so interested. I can't understand the draw of it even remotely, but if people enjoy it, that's cool. I don't tend to think twice about it.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

Schmooples wrote:


Windrax wrote:

Wait, there are people here who don't like cosplay? I thought all people who like anime also like cosplay to some degree, and isn't Crunchyroll a place where such people gather?

My life is a lie...!


You couldn't pay me to cosplay. Well, maybe you could, but it would take a decent amount of money. Don't know why you would be so interested. I can't understand the draw of it even remotely, but if people enjoy it, that's cool. I don't tend to think twice about it.


i don't even tell people i like anime lol and i mean i only like hxh and fmab tbh
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

deer wrote:


Schmooples wrote:

You couldn't pay me to cosplay. Well, maybe you could, but it would take a decent amount of money. Don't know why you would be so interested. I can't understand the draw of it even remotely, but if people enjoy it, that's cool. I don't tend to think twice about it.


i don't even tell people i like anime lol and i mean i only like hxh and fmab tbh


I like a good number of shows, but the fan-culture surrounding it isn't really something I can get into. Most of the people I talk to don't know I'm into it, but it's more because I'm more likely to get stuck on other topics - I don't really hide it.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/18/15

Schmooples wrote:


deer wrote:


Schmooples wrote:

You couldn't pay me to cosplay. Well, maybe you could, but it would take a decent amount of money. Don't know why you would be so interested. I can't understand the draw of it even remotely, but if people enjoy it, that's cool. I don't tend to think twice about it.


i don't even tell people i like anime lol and i mean i only like hxh and fmab tbh


I like a good number of shows, but the fan-culture surrounding it isn't really something I can get into. Most of the people I talk to don't know I'm into it, but it's more because I'm more likely to get stuck on other topics - I don't really hide it.


i feel you hahaha my friend and i were walking to starbucks earlier and walking past the cosplayers was so cringeworthy i almost laughed in their face
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

deer wrote:

i feel you hahaha my friend and i were walking to starbucks earlier and walking past the cosplayers was so cringeworthy i almost laughed in their face


Aww. Poor cosplayers.
Sogno- 
45756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

deer wrote:

i feel you hahaha my friend and i were walking to starbucks earlier and walking past the cosplayers was so cringeworthy i almost laughed in their face


151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/19/15

i feel you hahaha my friend and i were walking to starbucks earlier and walking past the cosplayers was so cringeworthy i almost laughed in their face


Whoa, that seems a little harsh
They're just doing what makes them happy, no need to judge them for that...
9376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Van Nuys, California
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
is there an event going on or are they huffing it to class like that in the snow?
4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

Sogno- wrote:


deer wrote:

i feel you hahaha my friend and i were walking to starbucks earlier and walking past the cosplayers was so cringeworthy i almost laughed in their face




lmao.

To OP: Ignore. Make fun of them later and keep about your business. That way you stay out of trouble and have fun.
Posted 4/18/15
It sounded like fun tbh, if I was there I might have liked to have seen some ppl dressing up as their favorite characters..
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.