First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Online Love
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

Nishizumi wrote:


Augment wrote:


Online isn't a proper platform for.. well, relationships.

All people act differently online than they do in real life, in one way or another.

If you're looking for love.. stare it in the eyes, feel it's flesh, and breathe the same air.

You may think you found someone you have grown to love online.

But something as commonly misinterpreted as love simply cannot be born through a screen.


I know quite a few people that have met through MMO's and are now married and all that, so just because one person strikes out or acts differently doesn't mean everyone does. I myself met a few people online, due to locations and age differences we never went any further than net buddies or gaming buddies.


I agree. Not everyone acts differently online, and it is silly to make such sweeping generalizations. Also, love is just a strong fondness for someone; you can definitely feel that "through a screen." People in recent history have made a habit of distorting love and making it into some unrealistic super-emotion, but you definitely don't need to be physically near the person to fall in love.
Sogno- 
45762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

AiYumega wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

craigslist is the place to find ur one tru love


Are you planning on marrying a couch?


don't judge me and my love for double decker couches



leave us alone. u wouldn't understand
9447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/18/15
Yay.. someone who knows who Eihi Shiina is! <3 KINDA??
lol....
yes you are right.


MakotoKamui wrote:


AiYumega wrote:


AridDxD wrote:

In A word... NO..
unless you have the same taste in girls as I do.



Um.....who is that....Just curious lol


Perfect time to test the image search! It's from the movie Audition, with Eihi Shiina as Asami Yamazaki.


46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 4/18/15
There are countless of people whom have built up relationships in MMO games, so why would it be impossible for any other part of the internet?
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 6/9/15


true love
955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ᴀᴍɪᴅsᴛ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/18/15

Nishizumi wrote:

I know quite a few people that have met through MMO's and are now married and all that, so just because one person strikes out or acts differently doesn't mean everyone does. I myself met a few people online, due to locations and age differences we never went any further than net buddies or gaming buddies.


I never said you can't find someone you will fall in love with from the internet. I said you cannot love someone only through the internet.

I assume they are married in real life, not an online marriage or through an mmorpg marriage system.


Schmooples wrote:

I agree. Not everyone acts differently online, and it is silly to make such sweeping generalizations. Also, love is just a strong fondness for someone; you can definitely feel that "through a screen." People in recent history have made a habit of distorting love and making it into some unrealistic super-emotion, but you definitely don't need to be physically near the person to fall in love.


It's quite simple.

Love is an emotion, you don't need to be with them to feel this.

But therefore that love is an illusion.

Who are you loving? An idea, a persona.

One must actually be with a person to know them and therefore able to say they love them, the actual person.



4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 6/9/15
I've never found the reason to use the internet to help me find love :| I mean, I can socialize no problem, so why do I need to use online dating sites?
Posted 4/18/15


My point was they met and got married through the internet before they met in real life well at least the relationship part.

Regardless of that the point is you can easily have a relationship online now, video chats, emails, texts, calling. Hell i used to date someone long distance that lived in the Czech republic before mobile phones and mass internet chat, we called each other when we could and wrote letters.

Just because you don't think it's possible doesn't mean people don't try.
18886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
I met my husband on social media. We've been married for four years. So, yeah, it's possible.
955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ᴀᴍɪᴅsᴛ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
Offline
Posted 4/18/15

Nishizumi wrote:



My point was they met and got married through the internet before they met in real life well at least the relationship part.

Regardless of that the point is you can easily have a relationship online now, video chats, emails, texts, calling. Hell i used to date someone long distance that lived in the Czech republic before mobile phones and mass internet chat, we called each other when we could and wrote letters.

Just because you don't think it's possible doesn't mean people don't try.


You misunderstand.

I was talking not of the possibility of love but can love be established online.

You must meet the person and know the person before love can even be possible.

You say you spoke online and dated through the internet, but saying you love that person without meeting them is a false representation.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
"But is online really the place to find love?"

Just ask my porn collection ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
6061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Tulsa
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/18/15
A very interesting topic. One that I have struggled with personally, in fact. When online dating truly became an acceptably social construct, I jumped right in, because, well, trying to find a date IRL never ever went well. I'm sure a lot of people who went through the American high school experience can attest to that. I mean, a lot of people can attest to that in almost every country. I have tried many dating sites, from the big name brands to the cheap craigslist type of sites. I have even tried the otaku and geek dating sites to no avail. There are very people I can find with similar interests/hobbies in my local area and most people that I've "found" at online dating sites prefer people who live locally, which makes no EFFING sense! Its the Internet, people! Its not meant for ONLY local stuff. Sure, you can find local people using online dating but its called the WORLD WIDE WEB for a reason. But failure, in any endeavor, is the first step toward success! I believe in Love and it always finds a way. I think if people, including myself, want to use the Internet as a means to meet that special someone then one should not make excuses. Long-distance can work, if you really want it. Giving up on a relationship just because you cannot see the other person as often as you'd like just means you weren't really interested to begin with; so why even bother using the Internet for dating? Personally, I don't care if a person lives in another country or right next door. If I wanna meet someone locally, I obviously wouldn't bother using online dating sites... it just doesn't make sense. And, once, without the use of any dating site at all, I travelled by bus to an anime con in another state, met someone, and then tried to keep that relationship going... and that's where the long-distance took its toll. From the posts I've read, I'm certain we can all agree that everyone is different and so is every situation, even if similarities can be found in all. You can only decide for yourself. If you really want something, then don't give up! Fight for it!
16083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Eastern US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
Online or otherwise, there's not enough alcohol in the world to make a woman fall in love with me for any length of time.
Posted 4/18/15

Augment wrote:



You misunderstand.

I was talking not of the possibility of love but can love be established online.

You must meet the person and know the person before love can even be possible.

You say you spoke online and dated through the internet, but saying you love that person without meeting them is a false representation.




First, I've never dated anyone through the net nor did I say I personally have. I said I've met people online that never worked out due to various reasons but stayed friends with them. I however did meet someone in real life before the Internet was used for dating and all that, before we had camera phones, ect. I knew her for maybe about a week before she moved back to her home country for whatever reasons i don't remember, but the simple fact is I fell in love with her after she moved back and we wrote and talked on the phone, sure the love didn't work out but thats not the point I'm making.

Second, It's not very hard to meet someone online, date them online without ever having met them in life. Technology is a wonderful thing now, anyone with a net connection and a video camera can do a video chat, watch movies, play games, talk ect ect.

Again the point is you can do everything but hold hands and kiss via the internet that you can do pretty much in real life. Im not stating thats it's everyone can make a relationship happen through the net but it's entirely possible for some to do.

TL;DR It's entirely possible to love someone on the net that you haven't met in real life first depending on the situation.
Posted 4/18/15
Hah, as long as you're sure about it, love can blossom anywhere.My advice? Be sure to skype with them at least once.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.