Post Reply Yankee-kun to Megane-chan Anime
215009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/19/15 , edited 4/19/15

The official website for the Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches television anime series revealed on Sunday that the anime's first Blu-ray Disc and DVD box sets will include a Yankee-kun to Megane-chan collaborative manga and anime.


http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-20/yamada-kun-and-the-7-witches-box-set-to-bundle-yankee-kun-collaborative-manga-anime/.87298

Hopefully this also means a Yankee-kun to Megane-chan full adaptation in the future. At any rate, right now it's getting an anime in some form. My guess is OVA or something related to that.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/19/15
Will the ending be any different? I heard stories.
29308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 4/19/15
Would be amazing if this got an anime. I enjoyed the manga so it would be nice to see it animated. An OVA would be the next best thing.
Sogno- 
45631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/21/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

Will the ending be any different? I heard stories.


that would be the only way i'd watch it

ugh

just... ugh. completely turned me off all the author's works. i don't trust her
243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/21/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

Will the ending be any different? I heard stories.


My thoughts exactly. Took a break when reading the manga and when I went back I heard the ending was quite unsatisfying.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/21/15



I never read the manga, but the stuff I heard made me unsure if I should read it or not.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/21/15

Un_Chat_Noir wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Will the ending be any different? I heard stories.


My thoughts exactly. Took a break when reading the manga and when I went back I heard the ending was quite unsatisfying.


Is it worth the read?
10269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Hoth
Offline
Posted 4/21/15 , edited 4/22/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


Un_Chat_Noir wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Will the ending be any different? I heard stories.


My thoughts exactly. Took a break when reading the manga and when I went back I heard the ending was quite unsatisfying.


Is it worth the read?


I'm a little torn on what advice to give you.
The manga was GREAT.
The ending was... questionable. It felt rushed. I *hope* it was because the author was given a deadline, and not because that's how she *wanted* to end it.
I'd recommend you read it.... IF you're prepared for a bit of a let down at the end. Reading it was enjoyable and all that, but the ending... well, imo, the ending is the only downside to it. When it comes to the story itself, I have nothing bad to say.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/21/15 , edited 4/22/15



Thanks. I know let downs because I read Cage of Eden.
27820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/21/15

Sogno- wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Will the ending be any different? I heard stories.


that would be the only way i'd watch it

ugh

just... ugh. completely turned me off all the author's works. i don't trust her



I think that would be the only time I would actually want an anime original ending type of thing. I was really enjoying the series but found the end to be less than satisfying.

Anyway a series or just OVA or whatever would be nice to see.

243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

LittleMissee wrote:



I'm a little torn on what advice to give you.
The manga was GREAT.
The ending was... questionable. It felt rushed. I *hope* it was because the author was given a deadline, and not because that's how she *wanted* to end it.
I'd recommend you read it.... IF you're prepared for a bit of a let down at the end. Reading it was enjoyable and all that, but the ending... well, imo, the ending is the only downside to it. When it comes to the story itself, I have nothing bad to say.


When I read it before dropping it, it was one of my favorites. The humor, art, and story were very enjoyable. I had heard that she was given a deadline to end it and had to rush it but it's been so long I don't really remember the exact details. It's similar to School Rumble in that regard. Great all the way until the end.
10269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Hoth
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

Un_Chat_Noir wrote:


LittleMissee wrote:



I'm a little torn on what advice to give you.
The manga was GREAT.
The ending was... questionable. It felt rushed. I *hope* it was because the author was given a deadline, and not because that's how she *wanted* to end it.
I'd recommend you read it.... IF you're prepared for a bit of a let down at the end. Reading it was enjoyable and all that, but the ending... well, imo, the ending is the only downside to it. When it comes to the story itself, I have nothing bad to say.


When I read it before dropping it, it was one of my favorites. The humor, art, and story were very enjoyable. I had heard that she was given a deadline to end it and had to rush it but it's been so long I don't really remember the exact details. It's similar to School Rumble in that regard. Great all the way until the end.


I'm a little relieved to find out she was given a deadline. Honestly, that was sort of the impression I got because it seemed it was going to lead to a lot more. Nonetheless, I agree with you that it was a great read. Shame about the ending, but what can ya do!
215009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 5/24/15
Seems like a short so I guess it will be similar to how Yamada-kun first debuted on screen (before the TV adaptation)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-24/yamada-kun-and-the-7-witches-yankee-kun-and-megane-chan-get-crossover-anime-short/.88520
You must be logged in to post.