First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Worst names for sports teams.
53239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Washington Redskins.

That name always rubbed me the wrong way. Racism veiled by ignorance and the assumption of right.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Minnesota Wild
Philadelphia Phillies
Washington Wizards
Oakland Athletics (so creative)
Los Angeles Clippers
Orlando Magic
Utah Jazz
Carolina Hurriances
Thailand Tobacco Monopoly
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

A-Eky wrote:



that is true but at least add some flair, the jazz, blues sounds atrocious. it reminds me of music than sports team. The browns sounds pretty bad as well.



The Utah Jazz were originally from New Orleans, the birthplace of Jazz music. The Browns were named after Paul Brown, the team's original head coach.


tf2pyros wrote:

Buffalo Bills.

I just don't like it, even though it's accurate with the history.


At least they gave us Chris Berman's awesome catchphrase.
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


A-Eky wrote:



that is true but at least add some flair, the jazz, blues sounds atrocious. it reminds me of music than sports team. The browns sounds pretty bad as well.



The Utah Jazz were originally from New Orleans, the birthplace of Jazz music. The Browns were named after Paul Brown, the team's original head coach.



i'm not complaining about the origin of the name or try to refute it, i'm just saying as the names are bad for a sports team.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

Nozferi wrote:

Washington Redskins.

That name always rubbed me the wrong way. Racism veiled by ignorance and the assumption of right.


Don't forget the Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Braves
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Clearwater, Florida
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Redskins. You'll get a LOT of accusations of racism from other people, so you'll have THAT to deal with.
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

eightcar wrote:


Nozferi wrote:

Washington Redskins.

That name always rubbed me the wrong way. Racism veiled by ignorance and the assumption of right.


Don't forget the Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Braves


None of those are racial slurs, though.
19126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
I dunno about bad, but this is one odd name for a sports team.

The Strongest
8014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
New Orleans Pelicans is just horrible
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 4/22/15 , edited 4/22/15

Nozferi wrote:

Washington Redskins.

That name always rubbed me the wrong way. Racism veiled by ignorance and the assumption of right.


I always thought it'd be awesome if there was a team named Palefaces or Pinkskins, rivals to the Redskins.

They could be from some Northeastern state or something. Then, we'd also have the Texas Wetbacks, and the California Chinks, and the superbowl would be a racewar by proxy, where the rest of us could have a good time while laughing about the PCers getting their panties in a wad.
7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

dpraseuth wrote:

New Orleans Pelicans is just horrible


I disagree. You can definitely do worse than a large, hypercarnivorous bird that has no natural predators.
5813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Redskins is in a class of its own.

Red Bull New York/Red Bull Salzburg - Its like rooting for Pepsi-Cola, only dumber.

Real Salt Lake

Washington Wizards
19126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/15

glenn119 wrote:
Red Bull New York/Red Bull Salzburg - Its like rooting for Pepsi-Cola, only dumber.


There's also RB Leipzig

All three are owned or are massively funded by Red Bull GmbH
5255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tigard, Oregon, U...
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Tillamook Cheesemakers
17189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Red Skins

like...did everyone on the team get a bad sun burn?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.