First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Mod Appreciation Thread
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/15 , edited 4/24/15
[Bleep] the mods they can [bleep].

[edits made by mod. It's fine to say you don't like the mods or that you don't think we are doing a good job, but just as we expect posts about other users to be respectful, we expect criticism of the mods to be reasonably respectful and to not be filled with abusive vulgarity. --lorreen]
Posted 4/23/15
15406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Empire of Walker
Offline
Posted 4/23/15

iambetterthanyou wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:

It's just a kiss ass thread, in layman's term.


why so negative? lol


Long ago, the mods on this site were the worst trolls of all, the atmosphere around here these days is very different than it was pre-2010. There used to be a lot less nonsense/flamebait threads and the level of being a dickhead you could get away with was a lot less, arguing with a mod over a personal viewpoint was enough to get banned.

I guess the site was policed in a much more strict fashion, as in the rules of posting were held in higher regard by users and especially mods. The average age I think was also a little higher and there were almost no users outside of the U.S.
2638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/15

ghostwarrior88 wrote:


iambetterthanyou wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:

It's just a kiss ass thread, in layman's term.


why so negative? lol


Long ago, the mods on this site were the worst trolls of all, the atmosphere around here these days is very different than it was pre-2010. There used to be a lot less nonsense/flamebait threads and the level of being a dickhead you could get away with was a lot less, arguing with a mod over a personal viewpoint was enough to get banned.

I guess the site was policed in a much more strict fashion, as in the rules of posting were held in higher regard by users and especially mods. The average age I think was also a little higher and there were almost no users outside of the U.S.

I see
11764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Edo
Offline
Posted 4/23/15
you. are. appreciated.--
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 4/24/15
This topic brings a smile to my face.

Thank you.
Posted 4/24/15
I love you all. *insert hearts*

9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/15 , edited 4/24/15

megahobbit wrote:

[Bleep] the mods they can [bleep].

[edits made by mod. It's fine to say you don't like the mods or that you don't think we are doing a good job, but just as we expect posts about other users to be respectful, we expect criticism of the mods to be reasonably respectful and to not be filled with abusive vulgarity. --lorreen]


Id like to apologize for this comment. It was supposed to be taking as a joke referencing the song Oh My Darling, by the rap groups run the jewel. I have nothing but respect for the mods and I frankly should have been alot clearer about it being a joke. I honestly have no idea how I thought it was a good idea to post that.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/24/15
The mods have to walk a fairly fine line when one considers the different nationalities represented and the varying viewpoints on acceptable freedom of expression.They do an adequate job on CR.I do try to keep my comments limited to PG in consideration for the younger participants and CR's rules.Has anybody noticed how many people on here list their age as 21?It's an interesting statistical anomaly.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/24/15

megahobbit wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

[Bleep] the mods they can [bleep].

[edits made by mod. It's fine to say you don't like the mods or that you don't think we are doing a good job, but just as we expect posts about other users to be respectful, we expect criticism of the mods to be reasonably respectful and to not be filled with abusive vulgarity. --lorreen]


Id like to apologize for this comment. It was supposed to be taking as a joke and I have nothing but respect for the mods. I frankly should have been alot clearer on that.



You do contrition well.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/15 , edited 4/24/15

pirththee wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

[Bleep] the mods they can [bleep].

[edits made by mod. It's fine to say you don't like the mods or that you don't think we are doing a good job, but just as we expect posts about other users to be respectful, we expect criticism of the mods to be reasonably respectful and to not be filled with abusive vulgarity. --lorreen]


Id like to apologize for this comment. It was supposed to be taking as a joke and I have nothing but respect for the mods. I frankly should have been alot clearer on that.



You do contrition well.


I was raised catholic.
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 4/24/15
they dont let me use caps lock

so go burn
Posted 4/24/15

Gyava wrote:

they dont let me use caps lock

so go burn


Booo
One Punch Mod
85782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/24/15 , edited 4/24/15

megahobbit wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

[Bleep] the mods they can [bleep].

[edits made by mod. It's fine to say you don't like the mods or that you don't think we are doing a good job, but just as we expect posts about other users to be respectful, we expect criticism of the mods to be reasonably respectful and to not be filled with abusive vulgarity. --lorreen]


Id like to apologize for this comment. It was supposed to be taking as a joke referencing the song Oh My Darling, by the rap groups run the jewel. I have nothing but respect for the mods and I frankly should have been alot clearer about it being a joke. I honestly have no idea how I thought it was a good idea to post that.


Sorry for misunderstanding, and thank you for explaining. One of the guidelines in the rules is to 'Assume goodwill" but it was hard for me to make that assumption in this case. (and to be completely honest, even if it had been more clearly a joke -- e.g. with an added "jk" or a smiley or something, the second bleeped portion of the post would have still been inappropriate (and some might have considered the first part to be as well)).

Anyway, we're good now!
17232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 4/24/15
Well, they are doing their job properly...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.