First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Bisexuality
7005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
I think this is my first post on here but jump in head first I guess. My opinion is that sexuality much like gender isn't a black and white scenario. Shit is not binary it's fluid. You know what you know and you like what you like.

Wild Zero/Guitar Wolf summed it all up with "Love knows no boundaries, nationality, or gender! ROCK N ROLL!!"
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
I can accept it but I'm less accepting of people who constantly CHANGE THEIR PREFERENCES. Geez, you are gay, straight, or bi. Shut up, stop playing around, stop being an emotional teenager, and decide on something.
4458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
n/a
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

deer wrote:


proxydata wrote:
I heard on a documentary that bisexuality is a real category but for one to be consider bisexual you have to constantly switch from being with one gender to the other, not just once but regularly... so something to think about


Sexuality isn't black and white and there are various levels of it... you could be bisexual with a stronger hetero-preference and vice versa. Lmao "real bisexuality" I'm yelping


Joke about it but bisexuals have referred and argued among themselves about being "real bisexuals" as much as a certain group of non sexual people like to be called asexuals
5404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sitting on a pale...
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
I don't sleep with 99.9% of the people I interact with so it's a moot point for me.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

miirriie wrote:


L3WY wrote:

Hm.. I think bisexuality is not a problem unless you're bisexual just because you want attention from everyone around you. I used to (and probably still) look down at ( some) gays, but not because their sexual ideal, insted because they're protesting for their rights in the media - like TV and such. I don't think anyone would mind your sexual preferences if you wouldn't go out to the strrets and shout you're gay every second day. I don't go out to the streets shouting that I'm straight, so why would anyone do that? It's your personal life, for god's sake.

The thing is, everyone should have a personal ideal, but don't try to force your ideals on anyone else
If you are happy as you are now and you have friends and/or partners who understand your way of thinking then you shouldn't bother with the haters, because they'll still try to force their opinions to you no matter what you say to them.


The LGBT community have to vocalise their preferences, how else are they going to get their rights? Sitting in silence won't change anything. The African-American community didn't obtain rights by sitting on their hands. As heterosexuals we don't need to vocalise our sexuality because we aren't discriminated against. You have no right to look down on others for fighting for equality in the world.

Edit: Historically, the homosexual community did stay silent about their sexuality and they were still discriminated against. People who are homophobic don't care if you're silent or vocal, they will still act out and punish those for not being heterosexual. If shouting you're gay out on the street is what will let them get married, adopt children, have families and equal rights then good on them.


Actually I don't believe Afro Americans would be sitting on their hands ,I believe it was at lunch counters and on buses.
14769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
Eh you like what you like. I say ignore those that think they know better than you and follow what you know to be true.
Posted 4/26/15
I am bisexual but I do have preference. Basically this how my preference works.

Girl personalty and then body-type.

Guys is more in the body-type and then personality.

I tend to get along with guys a lot better than girls.

I get annoy more or less by girls. But if I like a girl is usually because of her personalty. Translation. I hate girl who think guys think of sex all the time.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

proxydata wrote:


deer wrote:


proxydata wrote:
I heard on a documentary that bisexuality is a real category but for one to be consider bisexual you have to constantly switch from being with one gender to the other, not just once but regularly... so something to think about


Sexuality isn't black and white and there are various levels of it... you could be bisexual with a stronger hetero-preference and vice versa. Lmao "real bisexuality" I'm yelping


Joke about it but bisexuals have referred and argued among themselves about being "real bisexuals" as much as a certain group of non sexual people like to be called asexuals


You say this as though asexuality isn't a real spectrum...
Posted 4/26/15 , edited 4/26/15
Don't understand it, but I guess people will label themselves whatever they want. I don't have a problem with it.
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
I don't quite understand the prejudice here. Once you remove children as the expected outcome of a relationship, anything goes. As far as logic is concerned, there shouldn't even be a problem with other traditionally deviant forms of sexuality (i.e., incest, beastiality, polygamy etc...).
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

Atheyon wrote:

I don't quite understand the prejudice here. Once you remove children as the expected outcome of a relationship, anything goes. As far as logic is concerned, there shouldn't even be a problem with other traditionally deviant forms of sexuality (i.e., incest, beastiality, polygamy etc...).


I'm appalled that you would compare homosexuality to beastiality wtf
1030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / England
Offline
Posted 4/26/15 , edited 4/26/15
In my opinion, sexualities are a social construct. The only reason that being gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual or pansexual is frowned upon is because of religion. In reality I think you don't decide your sexuality, your sub-conscience does based on how discriminative you are. Fair enough you can ignore your true sexuality and identify as straight, but you still are who you are. From a young age I was very (as much as I hate using this word, you are not scared you are just an idiot) homophobic, as were the people around me. From the age of eight I took a liking to girls and was terrified that I was a lesbian, yet ignored the fact that I was also interested in guys. The internet slowly pulled me out of the stupidity of being homophobic and I also learned about bisexuality. Ever since I was thirteen I've identified as bisexual, I am now fourteen. I've already came out to my school and my friends had no negative reaction. At the end of the day I believe 'homophobic' people are unintelligent. I've seen people say that gay people should die and I've seen an uncle separate from his lesbian neice and sister for supporting her child. Some people act as if it is a disease. If you really think you are so important that you should decide who is worthy of living and decide what is right and what is wrong, then you should take a long shower and think about WHY it is wrong to not be heterosexual other than religious reasons which haven't been proven with solid evidence.
xxJing 
37209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 4/26/15 , edited 4/26/15
You like who you like. Let's just leave it at that. Anything beyond that and you really are just trying to mold the world to serve your agenda without considering the effects on others.

I am a heterosexual, but I do support homosexuality. When people ask me why, I give them two reasons, first of all "You fall in love with a person, not with a gender.", and the more tongue in cheek, "You will never hear of a homosexual complaining about having a dozen children."

What I do hate though, are irresponsible people. People who push the price of their 'good time' onto society.
29860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
I'm bisexual, but I just have a stronger preference for males. It's annoying when people just identify me as straight, though.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/15 , edited 4/26/15
Bisexuals are often discriminated against by both heterosexuals and homosexuals. Acting like a couple bis being flaky or fake justifies that is idiotic. If that is the case, then we should hate on all heterosexuals since some of them are pedophiles. Obviously this isn't a logical stance. One thing that contributes to this perception in the lgbt community is that some homosexuals aren't entirely sure about their sexuality as they are figuring it out, so they think maybe they like both and it takes them time to figure out that it isn't going to work that way for them. This contributes to the stereotype that every bisexual is still confused. That is not the case. The last accepted scientific model for sexuality I saw shows two separate bars ranging from zero on one end to 100 on the other. If you are at 75% for men and 90% for women, you still have attraction to both, but you like women a bit more. This model has been acknowledged as insufficient, but I don't think that a new one has been proposed and generally accepted yet. The models don't define sexuality though, they "model" it, i.e. provide a symbolic way to work with data about the topic. They improve over time and to act like they define the subject matter instead of the other way around just demonstrates that you don't understand how they work.

A lot of lesbians complain bi girls aren't really bi because they left the lesbian for a man, while I have heard similar but reversed complaints from homosexual men it doesn't seem to be as common a complaint for them. Leaving a relationship that isn't working or that has lost its appeal is pretty normal in our culture. If you're bisexual, it just means that when you leave one you may or may not end up with the same sex as last time. Bisexuality has two spectra to it as well. If you are only physically interested in both sexes, you're sexually bisexual. If you're interested in romantic relationships with both you're romantically bisexual. You can be both, a little bit of one and completely the other, etc.

I don't think it is surprising that many people misunderstand bisexuality. Given what I know about human nature I suppose it isn't surprising that there is internal discrimination and bigotry in the lgbt community, but I sincerely wish it was a surprise.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.