First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Bisexuality
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 4/26/15 , edited 4/26/15
I know quite a few people who identify as bisexuals, so I don't have any problem with it, and bisexuals don't make me physically uncomfortable as being around homosexuals does ( I have no issues with the gay community, and fully support them). Anyway, I think the double standards of some people in the LGBT community can get quite obnoxious. You can't preach acceptance if you are not willing to do so.

Something that I am curious about is if there is a movement for acceptance of Asexuals . It's not really anything I have heard about, though I am not sure if it stigmatized either.
3493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Near a peach tree.
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
I don't have a problem with it. I also know a cool buddy from Italy, who's bisexual, that is.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

jordancharacter wrote:

I know quite a few people who identify as bisexuals, so I don't have any problem with it, and bisexuals don't make me physically uncomfortable as being around homosexuals does ( I have no issues with the gay community, and fully support them). Anyway, I think the double standards of some people in the LGBT community can get quite obnoxious. You can't preach acceptance if you are not willing to do so.

Something that I am curious about is if there is a movement for acceptance of Asexuals . It's not really anything I have heard about, though I am not sure if it stigmatized either.


The LGBT+ "community" can be quite dysfunctional at times. The only thing linking the various subgroups is that we all get thrown under the homophobia bus. Also like any group of people we have our share of asshats.

I believe Asexual or some equivalent thereof is one of the letters in the full acronym of LGBT+ (there's about ten more letters) so... yes?


725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

proxydata wrote:

The reason bisexuals are frowned upon in the gay community is because they tend to be your average flakes and that's why they ain't taken seriously. Honestly I can see where that mind set against bi people come from, if some one I was with all of a sudden prefer the other sex I would think they are a flake too.

With that said I actually know some one who displays bisexual tendencies but identify as lesbian LOL she is currently dating a man but was with a woman and the funny thing is she would go around and tell everyone she was lesbian when she was with the woman but when she is with the guy she doesn't come out and say she's straight or bisexual.

Also many woman who ARE flakes or experimenting tend to call themselves bisexual even if they are not, hence the negative views of them

I heard on a documentary that bisexuality is a real category but for one to be consider bisexual you have to constantly switch from being with one gender to the other, not just once but regularly... so something to think about


Is this a troll post or is this what you actually think?
4458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
n/a
Offline
Posted 4/26/15

kromph wrote:


proxydata wrote:

The reason bisexuals are frowned upon in the gay community is because they tend to be your average flakes and that's why they ain't taken seriously. Honestly I can see where that mind set against bi people come from, if some one I was with all of a sudden prefer the other sex I would think they are a flake too.

With that said I actually know some one who displays bisexual tendencies but identify as lesbian LOL she is currently dating a man but was with a woman and the funny thing is she would go around and tell everyone she was lesbian when she was with the woman but when she is with the guy she doesn't come out and say she's straight or bisexual.

Also many woman who ARE flakes or experimenting tend to call themselves bisexual even if they are not, hence the negative views of them

I heard on a documentary that bisexuality is a real category but for one to be consider bisexual you have to constantly switch from being with one gender to the other, not just once but regularly... so something to think about


Is this a troll post or is this what you actually think?


It's what I think and what many others think as well, I think it's fairly common
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/26/15
The way I see it is if as long as you don't push your beliefs/lifestyle or whatever you want to call it on me then I have no room to judge. Essentially we're animals and other animals display the same tendencies from time to time so it shouldn't be surprising there are people who display these things. Doesn't really matter if it's natural or not. It doesn't hurt anyone else so people shouldn't care. People bash on some things for stupid reasons.

All this coming from a guy who might as well be labeled "Christian" (though I hate being labeled)
26543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/15 , edited 4/26/15

deer wrote:


proxydata wrote:


Joke about it but bisexuals have referred and argued among themselves about being "real bisexuals" as much as a certain group of non sexual people like to be called asexuals


You say this as though asexuality isn't a real spectrum...


He/She says this as though they have any real experience with the LGBT+ community.
It's as though their only experience stems from the sexual experimentation of teens and hearsay.

As a pansexual, I've found that as long as you respect the sexuality and boundaries of others, they respect yours.
I have met very little negativity when disclosing my own sexuality. But that could be because I surround myself with generally accepting people.
96 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Illinois
Offline
Posted 4/27/15
inb4Magical-Soul
238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / (●´ω`●)
Offline
Posted 4/27/15
Pansexual here to join the club!

Normally I find gay men being the most aggressive to be hateful towards bi and pan people.
Everyone thinks we just want to try a taste of everything and then turn magically back to straight.

Normally I just tend to ignore anyone who wants to fight with me about it.
I know what I like and that's every gender of people out there.
And I'm gonna kiss them all.
(╯3╰)
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15
Bisexuality and homosexuality are fine but, geez, if people keep arguing that it's a product of genetics, they need to stop switching around like they're changing clothes because it doesn't make any sense. I sometimes see people posting blogs and articles about how they are straight and then gay and the bi and then gay. They also like to continuously post about how depressed they are and how oppressive it is when people don't use the proper gender pronouns that they invented for themselves. Those people need help. If you want a more accurate analysis of your sexuality, stop trying to make up classifications for yourself and go to a therapist so the therapist can use actual knowledge to help you find out what you are. There are many counseling services that you can take advantage of quite easily, so stop wasting your own time on wildly inaccurate and false self-diagnoses.

Overall, though, I have no problem with bis and gays. If they like both or their own sex, that is fine. Heck, people who don't like either sex at all are fine, too.

Oh, yeah, and they should stop being flamboyant and fruity about it. It's not acceptable or classy for straight people or bi people or gay people to act like that. Yes, your sexual preferences are important to you, we know. But shut up in public about it and stop prancing around. It's unsightly and nobody cares. Sort of like a loud, whiny child in public. Don't be that person. It's not about your sexuality. It's about your behavior and your manners.
4565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Online
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15
I'm bi-sexual.
Out of the people I know that know I'm bi dont seem too care. Which is great because I can say damn he's attractive and has really nice hair around them without weird looks.


Honestly though even though I have to find very specific things attractive in either gender if I tuley fell in love with someone thier gender wouldn't matter.
I don't think love really sees gender. When I'm not in love they have to fit a specific list for me to be interested without love it comes down to how attractive I find them and it's hard for me to find someone of either gender attractive if they don't meet the requirments.



violentlypukes wrote:

Pansexual here to join the club!

Normally I find gay men being the most aggressive to be hateful towards bi and pan people.
Everyone thinks we just want to try a taste of everything and then turn magically back to straight.

Normally I just tend to ignore anyone who wants to fight with me about it.
I know what I like and that's every gender of people out there.
And I'm gonna kiss them all.
(╯3╰)


I have know gay men to not be like that but it does remind of this one boy who no matter what would insist and tell me that I'm gay when I said I was bi. Everytime we talked he would say I was lieing and I was actually gay. It was annoying.
Posted 4/27/15
People like what they like. If you like both then go for it not arguments here. To be honest bisexual people have the best of both worlds they can change it up everyday of the week if they want.
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
Do what makes you happy, just don't involve me in it.

That's my opinion on anything 'gay'.
12599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
my opinion on bisexuality--? i don't really care about labels. we all bleed the same color. choose to be who you want to be and if you are happy about it then it shouldn't be anyone's business to tell you what you should and shouldn't be and do. don't let the haters and critics get under your skin either. do what make you feel happy.
6957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
Eugh, labels. If I was bisexual I wouldn't like to be seen as 'a bisexual person' but more of 'a person, who happens to be bisexual'. Because in the end, it isn't a big deal, and as a matter of fact it isn't even a deal at all. Contrary to popular belief, your sexuality/race/ability/culture doesn't define you and what your personality is like. The sooner people realise labels don't mean shit the better.

/rant
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.