WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Because Riots Solve Everything...
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15
Id like to just point out the double standard that how a ton of white people get a pass for rioting after a basketball game but when black people riot about legitimate issues shit like this thread happens
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15

J-POP187 wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Some guy stabbed a hose just to prevent fire fighters from doing their jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8W9iw6gx40


You do realize fire hoses have enough pressure that they could still effectively do there there job.


It's mob mentality one guy cut a hose so its very likely someone else will cut the hose to the point where it be useless.


I doubt it. It takes alot of effort to cut a fire hose so these people would need alot of time and alot of knives to make it useless

I have an oddly extensive knowledge of how the fire department equipment works.
1331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15

megahobbit wrote:

Id like to just point out the double standard that how a ton of white people get a pass for rioting after a basketball game but when black people riot about legitimate issues shit like this happens


Exactly. You know you're making very valid points right now but I wonder why all the other posters are ignoring you... hmm... interesting how it works

The governor of MD is going to send in the National Guard to fight off people the cops literally provoked into violence like that's really fucking ridiculous. Nothing America did to get what they want was "peaceful" but people seriously expect black people to be passive when they're being murdered solely for their skin color? It's a disgusting double standard. How "peaceful" would you be if it was your family and friends getting killed under a system that works to oppress you? I see the police being more aggressive than the protestors honestly but no one is saying shit about that?
50676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15
I doubt that the people who have posted on this thread are racist towards black people. We just don't agree with reckless violence and destruction.
They have the right to feel outraged but why loot and destroy? It's just pointless violence.

Posted 4/27/15

megahobbit wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3rC8VOCJHE

I think Killer Mike(rapper 1/2 of Run the Jewels) had a pretty smart opinion on the looting that occurred in Ferguson. Skip to 13:39.


He's actually really educated on this subject and not just talking out of his ass like most people.

Wasn't exactly the shout out to my hometown of Douglasville that I was looking for, though.
27704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 4/27/15
I see i'm going by my knowledge of oil field equipment where some of the hoses we use are rated for 1500 psi but if there a quarter of an inch cut we pull them from service because while yes you can use them for a while with the pressure it causes the damage to get worse and last thing any one wants is a hundred pound hose flying all over the place. I'm not familiar with how much pressure is in the fire hoses. If you know I be grateful if not no problem I look it up later on.
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/15

J-POP187 wrote:

I see i'm going by my knowledge of oil field equipment where some of the hoses we use are rated for 1500 psi but if there a quarter of an inch cut we pull them from service because while yes you can use them for a while with the pressure it causes the damage to get worse and last thing any one wants is a hundred pound hose flying all over the place. I'm not familiar with how much pressure is in the fire hoses. If you know I be grateful if not no problem I look it up later on.


Okay but the deal is this thread isnt about the pressure of fire hoses or the ethics of cutting them(which for the record you have no evidence they cut more)
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/15

Harborcoat wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3rC8VOCJHE

I think Killer Mike(rapper 1/2 of Run the Jewels) had a pretty smart opinion on the looting that occurred in Ferguson. Skip to 13:39.


He's actually really educated on this subject and not just talking out of his ass like most people.

Wasn't exactly the shout out to my hometown of Douglasville that I was looking for, though.


Yeah killer mikes the GOAT.
1331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/27/15


also no one likes to say anything about this MLK quote...
18555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 4/27/15
there once was a riot on the east coast in 1775.........
Posted 4/27/15 , edited 4/27/15
Some of the assumptions being made in this thread are making me uncomfortable.
27704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 4/27/15

megahobbit wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:

I see i'm going by my knowledge of oil field equipment where some of the hoses we use are rated for 1500 psi but if there a quarter of an inch cut we pull them from service because while yes you can use them for a while with the pressure it causes the damage to get worse and last thing any one wants is a hundred pound hose flying all over the place. I'm not familiar with how much pressure is in the fire hoses. If you know I be grateful if not no problem I look it up later on.


Okay but the deal is this thread isnt about the pressure of fire hoses or the ethics of cutting them(which for the record you have no evidence they cut more)


This was a video from a other users on CR
same guy comes back and cuts the hose a second time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8W9iw6gx40

Which leads me to believe more people would help this guy. Ex: one person can't flip a car by themselves but other people come and help her/her --result one flip car
That's the logic i'm going by.

As for the white and black difference in rioting. After a big sporting event I personally believe more than 80% of the people are drunk and while I haven't been involve in a riot in my experience drunks are easier to deal with than a sober person looking to make trouble. Still doesn't make it right but when one of these riots happen over a shooting I believe most of them are sober. "of course I have no proof but it doesn't make much sense to get drunk then riot"
I would love to see change but first it needs to come from the people and work there way up to the police force and into the political force if we are ever to see significant changes in society.
68940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
East Coast
Offline
Posted 4/27/15
Freddie Gray should not have died, and they need to get to the bottom of it. However, using it as an excuse to destroy property and break into stores and steal things tells me that the rioters are more interested in stealing, killing, and destroying than they are in true justice for Freddie Gray. http://liveblogwp.wtop.com/Event/Protests_in_Baltimore_turn_violent
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/15

J-POP187 wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


J-POP187 wrote:

I see i'm going by my knowledge of oil field equipment where some of the hoses we use are rated for 1500 psi but if there a quarter of an inch cut we pull them from service because while yes you can use them for a while with the pressure it causes the damage to get worse and last thing any one wants is a hundred pound hose flying all over the place. I'm not familiar with how much pressure is in the fire hoses. If you know I be grateful if not no problem I look it up later on.


Okay but the deal is this thread isnt about the pressure of fire hoses or the ethics of cutting them(which for the record you have no evidence they cut more)


This was a video from a other users on CR
same guy comes back and cuts the hose a second time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8W9iw6gx40

Which leads me to believe more people would help this guy. Ex: one person can't flip a car by themselves but other people come and help her/her --result one flip car
That's the logic i'm going by.

As for the white and black difference in rioting. After a big sporting event I personally believe more than 80% of the people are drunk and while I haven't been involve in a riot in my experience drunks are easier to deal with than a sober person looking to make trouble. Still doesn't make it right but when one of these riots happen over a shooting I believe most of them are sober. "of course I have no proof but it doesn't make much sense to get drunk then riot"
I would love to see change but first it needs to come from the people and work there way up to the police force and into the political force if we are ever to see significant changes in society.


Okay two cuts still arent going to mess with the fire hose. Even if it runs out fire trucks carry water along with them

Secondly no drunks are not harder to deal with. The fucking sports riots can cause just as much destruction and harm for completely unjustified reasons. Ive seen video of a man getting curb stomped outside of a red sox game. A FUCKIN RED SOX GAME.
Posted 4/27/15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kendrick_Johnson

Why isn't the media covering this?
1331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 4/27/15


what are you doing... can you just stop
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.