First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Does anybody feel like this or not?
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
Let me know if a thread like this one exist.
Thanks a bunches.


I probably made this thread but can't remember right now.

I mentioned before that I can't visually read books due to having too much on my mind. Yet, when I'm not reading or writing, I can see the characters and how they're interacting the same way I see normal people interacting. I can't see the things that happen in other authors stories the way I see my original story. My imagination is very vivid but it's not that way when I read. When I try to write, it's hard for me to put it into words because it's so vivid and detailed. It's hard because I really want to "show not tell" when write. I enjoy my imagination but I wish reading wasn't so hard. I can't see anything and I envy people who can. My mother mentioned to me that I'm probably not meant to read but instead meant to write. I guess she is right because the ideas and characters I made for my story are so vivid I can see it clearly. It's describing it all in writing which is the problem. I can't seem to do it.


Does anybody have this problem or no? Got any advice or something?

Enjoy!
Posted 4/28/15
hmmm.

try breaking it down into many parts. like first, write a summary of the characters appearance, then a summary of the description of the environment, then what are they doing/saying.

after you wrote those summaries, then rearrange them all into one idea.

42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15



Hmm...interesting.

I'll try but it's finding the right words to use for the summary. My grammar and vocabulary are not so great.
Posted 4/28/15

qualeshia3 wrote:
Hmm...interesting.

I'll try but it's finding the right words to use for the summary. My grammar and vocabulary are not so great.


yeah i definitely had that problem in the past. but now i'm just like, "i don't care anymore about grammar and vocabs".

and honestly, the sooner you get into the mentality, the more you can write. like in the past, i used to get writers block all the time when i can't think of a word i want to use.

but now, i just write whatever, use many words to describe it, if you can't think of one fancy word.


there's no shame in using a thesaurus either, i've seen seasoned writers who use thesaurus... (why do i feel like i'm talking about a dinosaur)




i just think anything you do in life, whether writing or cooking or whatever, it's ok to get it wrong the first go. you can always go back and fix it...
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15



Thank you. I also hate using and, but, and yet a lot too. I should stick to a thesaurus.
Posted 4/28/15 , edited 4/28/15

qualeshia3 wrote:
Thank you. I also hate using and, but, and yet a lot too. I should stick to a thesaurus.


i find that i overuse "then"... and then. then then then.

but it's good that you're able to see your own writing repetition/error. keep "however" and "although" in mind for next time :P


42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:
Thank you. I also hate using and, but, and yet a lot too. I should stick to a thesaurus.


i find that i overuse "then"... and then. then then then.

but it's good that you're able to see your own shortcomings. keep "however" and "although" in mind for next time :P




Oh yeah "then" gets annoying too. Thanks for making realize the fact I keep using the same words to the point it's annoying.
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
I developed my imagination though constant thought process, my mind never stops. Imagination is a part of me, some people just lack this.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15

PurpleDjango wrote:

I developed my imagination though constant thought process, my mind never stops. Imagination is a part of me, some people just lack this.


When you read or write? My imagination is just for writing not reading?
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
Hmm, you start imagining something by thinking of what it looks like in your head, and you go from there, other than that I can't help you.
:(
6981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 4/28/15 , edited 4/28/15
I have a lot of imagination. I even imagine anime characters being in the WWE. I probably should start writing about this in some fanfic site.

I'm also planning on writing a story of my own. I already imagine the characters, but I'm not good at drawing without tracing.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15

SportingNightRaid wrote:

I have a lot of imagination. I even imagine anime characters being in the WWE. I probably should start writing about this in some fanfic site.

I'm also planning on writing a story of my own. I already imagine the characters, but I'm not good at drawing without tracing.


If I could draw what I see in my mind then I would be happy. I can't draw good for nothing.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15

PurpleDjango wrote:

Hmm, you start imagining something by thinking of what it looks like in your head, and you go from there, other than that I can't help you.
:(


Thanks.
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/28/15
You can try art, it is best to do it slowly and steady, start with tracing to get the hang of it.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/15

PurpleDjango wrote:

You can try art, it is best to do it slowly and steady, start with tracing to get the hang of it.


Ooh, that seems challenging for me. I suck at drawing anything.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.