Post Reply Anime about video games?
6014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/15 , edited 4/29/15
Hello, I love all anime I have seen about video games, especially "stuck inside a video game" genre. I would love to see what CR has available that suits my taste

Edit: Some that I've watched: SAO, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, log horizon
104033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I swear to god I answered this like last week.
1534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
So that is what .hack is about? Guess thats one more for the never watch list.
If your into gamerservice, try NGNL. Allegedly its actually a good show, not sure if I saw a difference.
6014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

wingsday wrote:

So that is what .hack is about? Guess thats one more for the never watch list.
If your into gamerservice, try NGNL. Allegedly its actually a good show, not sure if I saw a difference.


SIGN may not be what you're looking for. SIGN is very much a boring drama about someone moping over being stuck in a game, for the first half or so. I'll check out NGNL. Thanks
14988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I'll never understand what's so appealing in anime about video games.
4193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

clarynaa wrote:


wingsday wrote:

So that is what .hack is about? Guess thats one more for the never watch list.
If your into gamerservice, try NGNL. Allegedly its actually a good show, not sure if I saw a difference.


SIGN may not be what you're looking for. SIGN is very much a boring drama about someone moping over being stuck in a game, for the first half or so. I'll check out NGNL. Thanks


In NGNL they aren't really stuck in a video game. More like transferred to an entirely different world. Sure one can argue that it's basically the same but if you're looking for a world that actually resembles a game(well SAO also actually has this problem) then yeah NGNL doesn't really fit.
One Punch Mod
85857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

clarynaa wrote:

Hello, I love all anime I have seen about video games, especially "stuck inside a video game" genre. I would love to see what CR has available that suits my taste

Edit: Some that I've watched: SAO, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, log horizon


Moved to the Advice, Info, Recommendations forum.
mnmike 
19133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I can't think of any perfect fits, besides what you've already seen, but I know of a number of "near-misses":

In Accel World (based on novel by guy who wrote SAO) they aren't really stuck in the game, although the game does blur the lines between real life and reality.

In Btooom, they are stuck on an island playing a real-life version of a game.

In The Ambition of Oda Nobuna, the MC is stuck in an alternate-reality history, and uses his knowledge of a historical simulation game to navigate the world.

There are also other types of "stuck in an alternate reality" shows:, most notably
The Devil is a Part Timer (Devil King stuck in modern Japan)
Familiar of Zero (Normal kid stuck in fantastical version of Medieval Europe)

11700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
If you are interested in video game anime beyond the "stuck inside a video game" genre you mentioned, then you may want to try The World God Only Knows. The main character is obsessed with dating games.
6014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

MidoriNoTora wrote:

If you are interested in video game anime beyond the "stuck inside a video game" genre you mentioned, then you may want to try The World God Only Knows. The main character is obsessed with dating games.


Definitely interested in any anime about video games.


Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I couldn't find that NGNL on here though?
11700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I am guessing they mean No Game No Life
42646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

clarynaa wrote:

Hello, I love all anime I have seen about video games, especially "stuck inside a video game" genre. I would love to see what CR has available that suits my taste

Edit: Some that I've watched: SAO, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, log horizon


Rotten Sushi tag stuck
6014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

asharka wrote:


clarynaa wrote:

Hello, I love all anime I have seen about video games, especially "stuck inside a video game" genre. I would love to see what CR has available that suits my taste

Edit: Some that I've watched: SAO, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, log horizon


Rotten Sushi tag stuck


Awesome! I'll have to check them out.
9659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Little Rock, AR
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15
Here are a few that I noticed weren't listed:

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?- The name is a bit silly, but it's shaping out to be a pretty good watch. They don't exactly mention that they're trapped inside a game or anything like SAO, but they do have game-like features (cashing in on mob drops, levels and stats, events, etc) Easy on the eyes in terms of animation (this is a big thing for me). This one is on-going.

Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk: Okay, trust me on this one. Bare through the first episode. That is NOT how it really is (it's there as more of a joke, but many people think the entire series is like that and stops). It was actually reaaaaally good. Not 10 star material, but definitely well-made with a strong, easy to follow plot.

Tower of Druaga: The Sword of Uruk: Second season. Think SAO here, when it wasn't as good as the first season, but still enjoyable. A bit more dramatic-ish.


Here are links to them, enjoy. :3

http://www.crunchyroll.com/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon
http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-tower-of-druaga-the-aegis-of-uruk-
http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-tower-of-druaga-the-sword-of-uruk-



PS: TWOGK was a super harem, but I personally really enjoyed it. BTOOOM! was good. I wasn't on the edge of my seat waiting for every episode, but def didnt regret watching it. NGNL is a little overhyped, but I think it was still a good watch. It strays away from the typical hero archetype to something more relatable (y'know if you're insanely good at video games ).
You must be logged in to post.