First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your opinion on Execution?
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
Execution do you think it is right?

Below state your opinion, no arguing, baiting for an argument, flaming or breaking any other CR rules.


My honest opinion on execution is that it is wrong.

Why you might ask? Because usually when someone is put to death it is for murder, and this make me think.
Does two wrongs make a right? If you think about it, putting someone to death for killing someone is the same as them killing someone. Also there are some times when people are put to death for things other than murder..

Like recently in Indonesia, a few men were put to death by firing squad for drug traffiking.

Now this of all things is wrong in my opinion.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/29/15 , edited 4/29/15
I have to wonder, what is worse? spending your entire life behind bars or a quick finish.

If you are incarcerated, you will want to be lucky on what prison you are transferred to. Many prisons have cruel guards on watch, especially at for-profit prisons. You'd spend life there going through a daily Hell, no chance for parole and at the mercy of your fellow inmates. In truth, inmates are much more fearsome than guards.

On the other hand, you could get killed off. It won't always be a firing squad--there are many worse ways to die. But is a single ephemeral episode of the most pain of your life worth it compared to slowly feeling the suffering of prison? Who knows.

TL;DR: Execution is probably better than a labor camp.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
Firing squad? People still do that? Awesome. I request death by firing squad.

'You punks better step closer if you want to hit me with yer crappy aim!'
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

Phersu wrote:

Firing squad? People still do that? Awesome. I request death by firing squad.

'You punks better step closer if you want to hit me with yer crappy aim!'


I believe there are a handful of states or less that still have this option in the US if my memory serves me correct. Though I can't remember the last time it was used.

Personally I'm fine with executions if it's for murder and is proven beyond doubt. The firing squad as mentioned above is something I wish they'd bring back more often. It's cheap to tax payers and does the job quickly/painlessly enough.

People should learn to deal with the consequences of their actions, be it death or other.
Posted 4/29/15 , edited 4/29/15
I also think it is wrong sometimes and many times, those being executed are innocent and things like killing someone because of drug trafficking is very extreme.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance, but my selfish side tells me that if someone kills my mom I would have no problem in killing that bastard with my own hands, no second chances given.

Nothing is black and white and most of the time if someone kills another person in defense, that is ok in the eyes of society(if there is enough proof ).

I think I'm on the fence, in the end.
Posted 4/29/15 , edited 4/29/15
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
We should rebuild the Colosseum using the same stone, (Don't make it all fancy and shit), and put bad people up against each other, the ones who win can be sent to jail, and will work as cleaners to pay for their own meals.
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
Punishment is a way for people to learn from their mistakes and shape up. They can't learn from their mistakes if they die though.

Whether they wanna be jailed or executed should be up to the prisoners if they are eligible for execution imo.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

RedExodus wrote:

Punishment is a way for people to learn from their mistakes and shape up. They can't learn from their mistakes if they die though.

Whether they wanna be jailed or executed should be up to the prisoners if they are eligible for execution imo.


That's essentially saying it should be up to the prisoner how much tax dollars they want to waste. Are you okay with that?
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I used to completely agree with capital punishment. However I now disagree with it, I feel that If i could not personally kill a man then it would be hypocritical and make me a bit of a pussy if I believed someone else should do it (No matter how willy they are)
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

dotsforlife wrote:


RedExodus wrote:

Punishment is a way for people to learn from their mistakes and shape up. They can't learn from their mistakes if they die though.

Whether they wanna be jailed or executed should be up to the prisoners if they are eligible for execution imo.


That's essentially saying it should be up to the prisoner how much tax dollars they want to waste. Are you okay with that?


I realize that. That's why I said that's only if they're eligible for execution as in they should have been executed for their crimes but I think that's wrong.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I dont believe in capital punishment. Its barbaric and unnecessary.
29868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I disagree with execution/death penalty wholeheartedly. It just doesn't seem right to KILL someone, no matter what wrong they've done.
7441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
I believe in the death penalty in specific cases. If a criminal kills without remorse and admits/brags about the crime he will not change and deserves it. If remorse is shown it's a whole different story, With remorse comes change without remorse comes psychopaths/sociopaths. On the other hand, I also support "real time" sentencing and oppose the whole concepts of parole and probation. Do the crime you do the time.
Posted 4/29/15

PurpleDjango wrote:

Execution do you think it is right?

Below state your opinion, no arguing, baiting for an argument, flaming or breaking any other CR rules.


My honest opinion on execution is that it is wrong.

Why you might ask? Because usually when someone is put to death it is for murder, and this make me think.
Does two wrongs make a right? If you think about it, putting someone to death for killing someone is the same as them killing someone. Also there are some times when people are put to death for things other than murder..

Like recently in Indonesia, a few men were put to death by firing squad for drug traffiking.

Now this of all things is wrong in my opinion.


But what about the addicts that go out and harm, steal from or kill others for their fix?

What about the guy that goes out and kills hundreds of people because they decided to start a cult?

People go out and kill others in the name of religion or because they're all strung out on something, why shouldn't they get killed as a result?

Animals hunt other animals, kill for various reasons and never blink and eye but if we go to execute someone for heinous crimes, oh well maybe we should just give them a slap on the wrists and let them be...

People are too damned soft in the modern era, back in the old days if you were caught doing certain things you were pretty much good as dead.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.