First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your opinion on Execution?
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

Nishizumi wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:

Execution do you think it is right?

Below state your opinion, no arguing, baiting for an argument, flaming or breaking any other CR rules.


My honest opinion on execution is that it is wrong.

Why you might ask? Because usually when someone is put to death it is for murder, and this make me think.
Does two wrongs make a right? If you think about it, putting someone to death for killing someone is the same as them killing someone. Also there are some times when people are put to death for things other than murder..

Like recently in Indonesia, a few men were put to death by firing squad for drug traffiking.

Now this of all things is wrong in my opinion.


But what about the addicts that go out and harm, steal from or kill others for their fix?

What about the guy that goes out and kills hundreds of people because they decided to start a cult?

People go out and kill others in the name of religion or because they're all strung out on something, why shouldn't they get killed as a result?

Animals hunt other animals, kill for various reasons and never blink and eye but if we go to execute someone for heinous crimes, oh well maybe we should just give them a slap on the wrists and let them be...

People are too damned soft in the modern era, back in the old days if you were caught doing certain things you were pretty much good as dead.


Yea I can see your point, maybe sometimes it is right, but isn't it better to let them live with what they have done?
Posted 4/29/15 , edited 4/29/15

PurpleDjango wrote:

Yea I can see your point, maybe sometimes it is right, but isn't it better to let them live with what they have done?


Sure if they feel guilty about the crime, but there are others who don't feel guilty or show any bit of remorse. Im a firm believer in let the punishment fit the crime, eye for an eye based system.

We pay an absurd amount of money to keep these people locked up, wouldn't it be better just to kill the ones that can't be rehabilitated or want to be?
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
Yea, I can't make decisions on what to do with people when they are locked up. That's why I'm not a politician.
Posted 4/29/15
It's tough on criminals and that's what makes it good.

Posted 4/29/15

cianbratherton wrote:

I used to completely agree with capital punishment. However I now disagree with it, I feel that If i could not personally kill a man then it would be hypocritical and make me a bit of a pussy if I believed someone else should do it (No matter how willy they are)


lol, then what do you think of a soldier's job?
17307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / My Couch
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
It's always worth considering the concept that you might sacrifice one for the good of many.

The whole debate of execution is a good example of the gray zone between our strong sense of justice and the morality that binds us.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
2977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
Population control.
7025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/15

Ssomething wrote:

I also think it is wrong sometimes and many times, those being executed are innocent and things like killing someone because of drug trafficking is very extreme.



Not entirely sure why you grade an execution so much higher up there than drug trafficking. If you look at it from the viewpoint of the people who are harmed due to drugs being brought into their areas it far outweighs the life of the individual who has brought such things there. Think about it logically, if you bring say cocaine or heroine into an area and begin selling it how many lives do you think will inevitably be ruined? If not by an overdose then by the addiction to the new drugs. For people who are already addicts how do you think they got addicted? Drug traffickers who brought the drug into the area in the first place
Posted 4/29/15
For certain things. A serial killer who has killed a bunch of women, for example. In that regard, I don't think the govenment and taxpayers' money should provide for him room and board.




Posted 4/29/15

mimd420 wrote:


Not entirely sure why you grade an execution so much higher up there than drug trafficking. If you look at it from the viewpoint of the people who are harmed due to drugs being brought into their areas it far outweighs the life of the individual who has brought such things there. Think about it logically, if you bring say cocaine or heroine into an area and begin selling it how many lives do you think will inevitably be ruined? If not by an overdose then by the addiction to the new drugs. For people who are already addicts how do you think they got addicted? Drug traffickers who brought the drug into the area in the first place


So they should be responsible for all the people who want drugs? if there is such thing as "drug trafficking " is because people want it. The best way to stop it is not by killing those who sell them but by not buying it. The ones who get the drugs are killing themselves, period. If there were no narcos, people would do whatever they could to get those drugs so I don't really see selling drugs as a bigger crime than murdering someone.

Drug addicts got into that world by themselves, I have friends who do drugs, my brother used to do drugs and they were easily available to me at any time in high school and guess what? I never did drugs nor I plan to do them. It's your choice.

20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 4/29/15
Opposed. Taking human life is wrong. The prisons may be inhumane, but prison reform is a separate issue. Even if a murderer, two wrongs don't make a right, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, if you seek to destroy monsters you may become one yourself, etc. Shit, if a messiah and a nihilist can agree on this, it should be a no brainer. Killing people is bad. The end.
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15

severticas wrote:


cianbratherton wrote:

I used to completely agree with capital punishment. However I now disagree with it, I feel that If i could not personally kill a man then it would be hypocritical and make me a bit of a pussy if I believed someone else should do it (No matter how willy they are)


lol, then what do you think of a soldier's job?


Never thought of that actually. I guess i don't believe in that either.
21109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
I think execution is just as much to show everyone else what happens if you break said laws as it is a punishment for the offender. IMO execution would be better than life terms with no chance of parole, cheap and usually a sentence like that is given when there is no question of guilt. I thinks locking people up for more than 20 years is bad for everyone [EVERYONE] so i feel the best choice would be death, or rehabilitation. If you commit crimes of a sexual nature like rape or anything with a child, you should be shot minutes after your conviction. and i think all executions should be done with a gun. we should really abolish the death row thing.
15166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
it should only be used on the irredeemable. Like level 22 sociopaths. Everyone one else can get life in prison in a black dolphin style prison
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.