First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply A Theory About Gods Existence?
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15
I'll start off by saying I dont really believe in God but ive read somewhere a while ago about a theory of his existence which I think could make sense.

The reason alot of people dont believe in god is because theres no proof.

Well what if we think of god as a sort of 'landlord' and Earth is just one of his properties.

Maybe we dont see him because he is simply off managing one of his other properties at the moment.

Maybe the last time he came to do a property inspection was around 2000 years ago when the bible was supposedly written?

I know that might annoy alot of religious people, because theres no such thing as life on other planets according to alot of them, but what do you think? Make a lot of sense right?
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15

Scooty-Bby wrote:

I'll start off by saying I dont really believe in God but ive read somewhere a while ago about a theory of his existence which I think could make sense.

The reason alot of people dont believe in god is because theres no proof.

Well what if we think of god as a sort of 'landlord' and Earth is just one of his properties.

Maybe we dont see him because he is simply off managing one of his other properties at the moment.

Maybe the last time he came to do a property inspection was around 2000 years ago when the bible was supposedly written?

I know that might annoy alot of religious people, because theres no such thing as life on other planets according to alot of them, but what do you think? Make a lot of sense right?


If god was all-knowing and omnipotent, why would "God" need to do an inspection?

Anyway, allow me to ask you a question: When you think of God ( or god(s)), what do you imagine? There is no true definition of what a god is, so I gotta ask. Because, depending on what you imagine, your very idea of "God" could very likely exist. If to you, it simply means "ruler of the universe", there's no need for the god to be all-knowing, nor omnipotent. Could just be an alien as far as we are concerned

Of course you have all the other religions depiction of god, so the very sentence " God does/does not exist" could never be true anyway.

8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/30/15


Anyway, allow me to ask you a question: When you think of God ( or god(s)), what do you imagine?


I dont imagine anything. I did start off by saying I dont believe in god, I dont see any reason to have that kind of faith.
I just thought it was an interesting theory
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15

Scooty-Bby wrote:



Anyway, allow me to ask you a question: When you think of God ( or god(s)), what do you imagine?


I dont imagine anything. I did start off by saying I dont believe in god, I dont see any reason to have that kind of faith.
I just thought it was an interesting theory


I think you misunderstood me

When you say you don't believe in god, what kind of god comes to mind when you say that? For example, when most people say that don't believe in God, they generally refer to the disbelief of the Christian depiction of God. I doubt the idea of the Greek gods comes to mind to most atheists when they say they dont believe in god(s). Or heck, even the natural forces of our universe could be called gods to some extent.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 5/21/15
I believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster has masked all evidence of his existence with his noodley appendages and is continuing to trick scientists into supporting evolution to this day. No one knows why, but perhaps it is because he finds it humorous. Between his stripper factory and his beer volcano, he often loves to pull pranks while drunk on a floating heavenly pirate ship in the sky. Hence the term cloud nine.
Posted 4/30/15
why does a landlord need their tenants to worship them

Omni42 
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
God is a teapot, orbiting the sun somewhere between Earth and Mars.
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

why does a landlord need their tenants to worship them



The rent is cheap, so getting paid in donations, goats, and virgins makes it worthwhile.

13650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15
But which god? There are thousands of the little buggers. The Abrahamic god? Impossible, he'd be too contradictory.

The only god I believe could exist is the Deistic god, the one that essentially wrote the rules of the universe and set it off and never touched it again. God's a code monkey and we're all living in his computer, just bits in a hunk of executable binary. The world will end when he presses ^C.

OTOH the most interesting gods I know anything about are the Greek gods. Now those deities had some character.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
God = Dog

God is a dog.

AKA God is mongrel
2253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Winchestertonfiel...
Offline
Posted 4/30/15

NordicPyro wrote:

I believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster has masked all evidence of his existence with his noodley appendages and is continuing to trick scientists into supporting evolution to this day. No one knows why, but perhaps it is because he finds it humorous. Between his stripper factory and his beer volcano, he often loves to pull pranks while drunk on a floating heavenly pirate ship in the sky. Hence the term cloud nine.


I get the cloud but what about the nine?
2253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Winchestertonfiel...
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 5/1/15

TomCraft wrote:

God = Dog

God is a dog.

AKA God is mongrel


God = dog reversed, so god is the reverse of a dog, AKA master.
2253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Winchestertonfiel...
Offline
Posted 4/30/15

Scooty-Bby wrote:




God could be;
A, An omnipotent world crafting magician, We don't see him because the devil has taken over earth.
B, A team of world smithing aliens running a social experiment where they mesh life from many planets and see how things turn out.
C, our universe is inside a peatry dish a small alien girl made for science class and got a C- on.
D, The stars alligned and everything randomly came into existense, and nothing means anything, we evolved from jellyfish and something else decided to evolve into jellyfish after we had spent enough time as jellyfish. Because jellyfish are just the raddest thing to be.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 5/20/15
Faith doesn't need proof, just faith.Scientific method needs proof.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
What did Satan do again?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.