Created by qwertty164
Post Reply Would you prefer if Crunchy Roll also offered Ecchi anime?
4055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
I noticed that several titles are not available.( Sekirei, Queen's Blade, Ikkitousen, Histories Strongest Disciple: Kenichi, Freezing.) I have not made a comprehensive list but those are some that stand out.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 8/8/15
CR offers what they call "Ecchi" listed here

- http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime/genres/ecchi

Also see...

- http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Rotten_Sushi/pages?extra_param=8590018203

But CR's tagging system isn't that great or complete. For example, they don't tag The Testament of Sister New Devil...

- http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-testament-of-sister-new-devil

...as Ecchi, but it seem pretty darn Ecchi to me. I mean, come on.... So CR has "some" Ecchi shows (tagged and not tagged), but they can't stream every show. CR doesn't have the budget to buy every license for every show available or another company, such as Funimation, already has the license. Choices must be made.

Btw... CR use to have the first Queen's Blade series, but it's gone now. The do have Queen's Blade Rebellion...

- http://www.crunchyroll.com/queens-blade-rebellion

... for what it's worth.
One Punch Mod
85853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 5/2/15

qwertty164 wrote:

I noticed that several titles are not available.( Sekirei, Queen's Blade, Ikkitousen, Histories Strongest Disciple: Kenichi, Freezing.) I have not made a comprehensive list but those are some that stand out.


As Hairbelly indicated, it's not an aversion to ecchi that accounts for why CR doesn't have the titles you mentioned. It's just licensing. CR doesn't have every anime show ever made, so it should also not be a surprise that they don't have every ecchi anime ever made.

Not only did they used to have Queen's Blade, they used to have Ikkitousen too. The reason they no longer have them is because of licensing, not because they are ecchi.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15
I don't get annoyed with the selection so much as I do the crazy amount of censorship on some anime. Like half the screen covered up... seriously? I don't know if that's CR's doing or simply a version of the anime they choose to offer.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 8/9/15
Licensing issue from what it seems.
Posted 4/30/15
don't they already offer it? is my vote.

like this scene in Free!, it's totally ecchi and steamy.

Posted 4/30/15

dotsforlife wrote:

I don't get annoyed with the selection so much as I do the crazy amount of censorship on some anime. Like half the screen covered up... seriously? I don't know if that's CR's doing or simply a version of the anime they choose to offer.


CR doesn't do the censorship, its just how it comes to them, Cr isn't a studio that does the editing like Funimation/Sentai Filmworks, the dubbing studios have home video rights to the anime which in turn allows them to offer it uncensored for streaming usually. Most of the time they dont do it so they can push the sales of the disks that are uncensored.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/15

Nishizumi wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:

I don't get annoyed with the selection so much as I do the crazy amount of censorship on some anime. Like half the screen covered up... seriously? I don't know if that's CR's doing or simply a version of the anime they choose to offer.


CR doesn't do the censorship, its just how it comes to them, Cr isn't a studio that does the editing like Funimation/Sentai Filmworks, the dubbing studios have home video rights to the anime which in turn allows them to offer it uncensored for streaming usually. Most of the time they dont do it so they can push the sales of the disks that are uncensored.


Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 5/1/15
Food wars is ecchi, plus there's a few others on it. Yet, probably more are available in other territories then some.

I just wish they did more of their own releases for uk and then get the dub too. It's a dream but CR are already doing great work getting more anime on the site.
Myki52 
70990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / F / Between a rock OR...
Online
Posted 5/1/15
I thought they already did! At my age, i'm not bothered by it and i'd like to have it available, but i think there should be safeguards on availability. too many watchers would be in trouble if their parents found out they were watching. that could hurt Crunchyroll if the parents are the ones paying for the membership.

4055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/15
i have seen 80% of the screen covered. it is like wtf.
32284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/15
We need more ecchi anime.
27150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tokyo/Seoul Bound
Offline
Posted 8/8/15
They kinda sorta do but its just a select few.. and I don't get the point of adding ecchi anime to CR if it'll be censored because ecchi anime are basically fan service.
8231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 8/8/15
Crunchyroll does offer some ecchi anime, just not all.
You must be logged in to post.