Post Reply Fate/stay Night Spin Off Manga! FATE/STRANGE FAKE
32523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 4/30/15 , edited 4/30/15
Alternate universe of Fate/stay Night and Fate/Zero by Type-Moon. Read it and it's really interesting so far :O

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/fate_strange_fake/

Spoiler Synopsis:


Youtube PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMV9N_rwdY
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
Interesting... I'll have to look into this.
6369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 4/30/15
I've got it on my 'to read list', even though I had no clue what it was about so nice to have some detail on that part. Maybe I'll move it up on my list, so many manga to read
22100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/15

xCrimsonEX wrote:

I've got it on my 'to read list', even though I had no clue what it was about so nice to have some detail on that part. Maybe I'll move it up on my list, so many manga to read


From what I recall from reading the news about the light novel that this manga was originally based on, it will involve 6 servants and 7 masters. The servant-less master will hold the special rights of holding "player" abilities, this being the anomaly of a fake holy grail war. Said player, while having no servants, will instead get special command seals that let him or her summon any servant for a short period of time.My memory is a bit hazy since its been awhile since I've read any news regarding the light novel and /or manga.

I do remember that it was notable that Enkindu (Gilgamesh's only friend in the Gilgamesh mythos and a certain event in the mythos made Gilgamesh realize his own mortality ) was going to be Lancer and that Jack the Ripper was gonna be Beserker. Notably, if I recall correctly, Rider was a representation of Pestilence, of the Four Horsemen of the Apoclaypse fame.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/1/15
Didn't this come out ages ago?
22100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/15 , edited 5/1/15

TomCraft wrote:

Didn't this come out ages ago?


It came out as a light novel, but now its being adapted to a manga. I am not sure if the manga will continue the story where the light novel was, or if its a reboot of the light novel.
6369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 5/3/15

farispie wrote:

From what I recall from reading the news about the light novel that this manga was originally based on, it will involve 6 servants and 7 masters. The servant-less master will hold the special rights of holding "player" abilities, this being the anomaly of a fake holy grail war. Said player, while having no servants, will instead get special command seals that let him or her summon any servant for a short period of time.My memory is a bit hazy since its been awhile since I've read any news regarding the light novel and /or manga.

I do remember that it was notable that Enkindu (Gilgamesh's only friend in the Gilgamesh mythos and a certain event in the mythos made Gilgamesh realize his own mortality ) was going to be Lancer and that Jack the Ripper was gonna be Beserker. Notably, if I recall correctly, Rider was a representation of Pestilence, of the Four Horsemen of the Apoclaypse fame.


Read the first chapter and I'm still trying to figure out when this story takes place, I think its post-F/Z & FSN because I've read its after Hollow Ataraxia but meh. The 'player abilities' makes me think of Kaleid-Bazett even though its different just she's what comes to mind when thinking of a human w/ no Servant fighting Servants.

So far its shown that if you a) show a bigger douche and b) play up more of the bored slightly grounded side of Gil he comes out as more likable for me. His demeanor makes me think of what I imagine it was in Fate/prototype, though the first chapter stands basically just as an introduction so I look forward to seeing where it goes. I'm not sure if Tine/Teene is playing him or if she's genuine in her demeanor towards him but I'm sure that'll be explained further along. I'm interested in seeing the Assassin (Hassan) and Rider + his Master stories because from what I've read they seem to be sympathy inducing. Pretty interesting first chapter imo
26352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Online
Posted 5/3/15
Things I’m amuse with:

Caster is

- Casters’s army of


A calm Berserker

Dog as a master

Ayaka Sajyou’s “seventh servent”

22100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/15

xCrimsonEX wrote:


farispie wrote:

From what I recall from reading the news about the light novel that this manga was originally based on, it will involve 6 servants and 7 masters. The servant-less master will hold the special rights of holding "player" abilities, this being the anomaly of a fake holy grail war. Said player, while having no servants, will instead get special command seals that let him or her summon any servant for a short period of time.My memory is a bit hazy since its been awhile since I've read any news regarding the light novel and /or manga.

I do remember that it was notable that Enkindu (Gilgamesh's only friend in the Gilgamesh mythos and a certain event in the mythos made Gilgamesh realize his own mortality ) was going to be Lancer and that Jack the Ripper was gonna be Beserker. Notably, if I recall correctly, Rider was a representation of Pestilence, of the Four Horsemen of the Apoclaypse fame.


Read the first chapter and I'm still trying to figure out when this story takes place, I think its post-F/Z & FSN because I've read its after Hollow Ataraxia but meh. The 'player abilities' makes me think of Kaleid-Bazett even though its different just she's what comes to mind when thinking of a human w/ no Servant fighting Servants.

So far its shown that if you a) show a bigger douche and b) play up more of the bored slightly grounded side of Gil he comes out as more likable for me. His demeanor makes me think of what I imagine it was in Fate/prototype, though the first chapter stands basically just as an introduction so I look forward to seeing where it goes. I'm not sure if Tine/Teene is playing him or if she's genuine in her demeanor towards him but I'm sure that'll be explained further along. I'm interested in seeing the Assassin (Hassan) and Rider + his Master stories because from what I've read they seem to be sympathy inducing. Pretty interesting first chapter imo

=========================================================================================================

It takes place after the fourth holy grail war, but before the fifth one. Its an alternative universe where an American magus assosciation copies the fourth grail war, but ends up with ....anamolaties. It most certainly does not take place after Fate Stay Night nor Fate Hollow (post fate hollow and F/SN the grail system as a whole was dismantled thanks to Rin and Waver (ie : El Melloi II).



22100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/15 , edited 5/3/15

DarkSasword wrote:

Things I’m amuse with:

Caster is

- Casters’s army of


A calm Berserker

Dog as a master

Ayaka Sajyou’s “seventh servent”



The seventh servant in question might not be


You must be logged in to post.