First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Ideals and Revolution.
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/15

megahobbit wrote:

Fuck we got into the hypothetical shit.

To quote Immortal Technique
"You cant change the past but you can make the future"




Hypothetical, but maybe...in an alternate universe...Poland is what America is in this universe...
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/15

SoloPlayer wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:

Revolutions don't work, they usually start off with a good point to them, then the very people that started it usually lose sight of why they did it to begin with. Lets just say one thing, power corrupts people not everyone but a great deal of people. Often times after a revolution the people who rebelled often end up being just like the very people they rebelled against.


It's not as simple as "power corrupts". People are the problem not "power". Everyone involved in a system had their own motives and thus a reason to hold hostage the very revolution that they support. So the "powerful" people have to pander first to the masses and then to the other "powerful" people. Even after all that some people will be against change at all.

corruption is sometime necessary just to get something done. One could go so far as to say that corruption is relative.




Well, you make a good point. Corruption happens so much in this world because people in power, people at the top, and people in control want to maintain the status quo. What it is is that these people have something called a vested interest. They have a vested interest to keep things how they are, where they are benefited or greatly benefited, even if this requires walking all over other groups of people, or even stomping them under their boots.
20886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 5/1/15
Meh for goverment a real revolution is when the daily life of the commoner is changed the Internet revolution the social media revolution ect.
Sogno- 
45625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/1/15
idk but it all sounds like a lot of work
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/15

Dubnoman wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:

Revolutions don't work, they usually start off with a good point to them, then the very people that started it usually lose sight of why they did it to begin with. Lets just say one thing, power corrupts people not everyone but a great deal of people. Often times after a revolution the people who rebelled often end up being just like the very people they rebelled against.


You do realize the very place you live is a product of one of the most known revolutions in history right? Though I agree with the rest.


Yes, but are we any different than the British are now? Besides the right to own guns.. that's about it..



Countries like Canada and the UK are a lot like America...basically, they became replicas of modern day America. So did Japan, pretty much. Japan is a unique country with rich old culture and history and has been around for a long time as a culture...and post WW II, Japan has become a very Americanized country over in Asia.

The point is, without America, who knows what the British Isles would be like today. Let us say Asians crossed the Pacific and started a new country in North America. Who knows what the British Isles would be like in that alternate universe. But America went on to influence other countries greatly, such as the UK, Canada, and Australia. Heck, the UK (I would say) has produced the most legends of rock and roll, but still, ultimately, the U.S. gave rock and roll to the world, and to the British.


I think you might garner some well deserved opposition from some of the Canadian and UK members of CR with your statement that they are" replicas of modern day America".
44735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 5/2/15
Revolution. Had something Effed up happen tonight but I don't know where to post about it, but it does kind of fall under revolution...
Posted 5/2/15 , edited 5/2/15
Only if the ideals are upheld by the people in the revolution...
I don't think it's the ideals themselves that are the problem... the problems lie with the leader's inflexibility and the high chance of espionage corrupting the ideals.
6262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/15 , edited 5/2/15
The first successful revolution, true to its original intent, free of the corruption of power and the weakness of the human mind, will be by artificial intelligence(s).
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/15 , edited 5/2/15

pirththee wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:

Revolutions don't work, they usually start off with a good point to them, then the very people that started it usually lose sight of why they did it to begin with. Lets just say one thing, power corrupts people not everyone but a great deal of people. Often times after a revolution the people who rebelled often end up being just like the very people they rebelled against.


You do realize the very place you live is a product of one of the most known revolutions in history right? Though I agree with the rest.


Yes, but are we any different than the British are now? Besides the right to own guns.. that's about it..



Countries like Canada and the UK are a lot like America...basically, they became replicas of modern day America. So did Japan, pretty much. Japan is a unique country with rich old culture and history and has been around for a long time as a culture...and post WW II, Japan has become a very Americanized country over in Asia.

The point is, without America, who knows what the British Isles would be like today. Let us say Asians crossed the Pacific and started a new country in North America. Who knows what the British Isles would be like in that alternate universe. But America went on to influence other countries greatly, such as the UK, Canada, and Australia. Heck, the UK (I would say) has produced the most legends of rock and roll, but still, ultimately, the U.S. gave rock and roll to the world, and to the British.


I think you might garner some well deserved opposition from some of the Canadian and UK members of CR with your statement that they are" replicas of modern day America".



They are still their own countries with their own cultures, but my point is that a lot of countries have become Americanized, especially in decades from last century.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/15

Dubnoman wrote:


pirththee wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:

Revolutions don't work, they usually start off with a good point to them, then the very people that started it usually lose sight of why they did it to begin with. Lets just say one thing, power corrupts people not everyone but a great deal of people. Often times after a revolution the people who rebelled often end up being just like the very people they rebelled against.


You do realize the very place you live is a product of one of the most known revolutions in history right? Though I agree with the rest.


Yes, but are we any different than the British are now? Besides the right to own guns.. that's about it..



Countries like Canada and the UK are a lot like America...basically, they became replicas of modern day America. So did Japan, pretty much. Japan is a unique country with rich old culture and history and has been around for a long time as a culture...and post WW II, Japan has become a very Americanized country over in Asia.

The point is, without America, who knows what the British Isles would be like today. Let us say Asians crossed the Pacific and started a new country in North America. Who knows what the British Isles would be like in that alternate universe. But America went on to influence other countries greatly, such as the UK, Canada, and Australia. Heck, the UK (I would say) has produced the most legends of rock and roll, but still, ultimately, the U.S. gave rock and roll to the world, and to the British.


I think you might garner some well deserved opposition from some of the Canadian and UK members of CR with your statement that they are" replicas of modern day America".



They are still their own countries with their own cultures, but my point is that a lot of countries have become Americanized, especially in decades from last century.


I have a suggestion for you.Go to the BBC website and become a member.It's just an email ,your name, and a screen name.Go to their "Have Your Say"section and in the comment section write that the UK has become "Americanized" or they are "Replicas of modern day America "and see the responses you get from the viewership there.It's an easy test to see if they agree.If I could be so bold as to ask your indulgence one more time I would suggest you use an alias.
dsjb 
55639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/2/15 , edited 5/2/15

pirththee wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:


PurpleDjango wrote:


Yes, but are we any different than the British are now? Besides the right to own guns.. that's about it..



Countries like Canada and the UK are a lot like America...basically, they became replicas of modern day America. So did Japan, pretty much. Japan is a unique country with rich old culture and history and has been around for a long time as a culture...and post WW II, Japan has become a very Americanized country over in Asia.

The point is, without America, who knows what the British Isles would be like today. Let us say Asians crossed the Pacific and started a new country in North America. Who knows what the British Isles would be like in that alternate universe. But America went on to influence other countries greatly, such as the UK, Canada, and Australia. Heck, the UK (I would say) has produced the most legends of rock and roll, but still, ultimately, the U.S. gave rock and roll to the world, and to the British.


I think you might garner some well deserved opposition from some of the Canadian and UK members of CR with your statement that they are" replicas of modern day America".



I don't think you can look at one in isolation from the other, America, the British isle, France and Canada have had such a intertwined history since their founding that it was inevitable that both would influence each other strongly. The differences are highlighted for a person living in one of the countries but to a external observer they are likely going to appear very similar.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.