Post Reply General Metal Discussion
Kreator
21588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 5/1/15
Talk about any and all things metal.
Head Banger
16947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth Realm
Offline
Posted 5/25/15
Mad love for Pantera's music and the guitar shredding of Dimebag , Lucky enough to have seen them in concert on several occasions. Great pick of the week.
Head Banger
10269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Hoth
Offline
Posted 5/26/15
Agreed, great pick of the week. Haven't seen Pantera per se, but I got to see Phil Anselmo and the Illegals a couple years ago, they put on a great show.
Head Banger
8072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/26/15 , edited 5/26/15
The closest that I got to see Pantera live was at the Tattoo the Planet tour in Dublin in 2001. Unfortunately the tragedy of september 11th occurred. The concert was on the 13th, and Dime and Vinnie were in Dublin, but Phil and Rex were still in the States, so needless to say I never got to see Pantera live. I have seen Phil play with Down twice though and they were awesome.
Head Banger
8072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 6/9/15
Has anyone heard any of Lamb Of God's new stuff, and if so, what are your thoughts? I heard a couple of new tracks, pretty good, but nothing spectacular, hoping the full album will be better.
Kreator
21588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/9/15

Astrometal wrote:

Has anyone heard any of Lamb Of God's new stuff, and if so, what are your thoughts? I heard a couple of new tracks, pretty good, but nothing spectacular, hoping the full album will be better.


Haven't heard anything yet, but can't wait, and I'll have to look now.
Head Banger
8072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 6/10/15 , edited 6/10/15

randomation-proclaimation wrote:


Astrometal wrote:

Has anyone heard any of Lamb Of God's new stuff, and if so, what are your thoughts? I heard a couple of new tracks, pretty good, but nothing spectacular, hoping the full album will be better.


Haven't heard anything yet, but can't wait, and I'll have to look now.


The new album is called VII: Sturm und Drang and is released on July 24th. I've listened to the tracks again and they're really growing on me now. The first track released was Still Echoes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmBWOF1A0g , good track, awesome vocals too by Randy. My favorite track so far is 512 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJiyZk8P2s , awesome track, If the album sounds like this, it's going to be one of the metal albums of the year IMO!
Kreator
21588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/15/15

Astrometal wrote:


randomation-proclaimation wrote:


Astrometal wrote:

Has anyone heard any of Lamb Of God's new stuff, and if so, what are your thoughts? I heard a couple of new tracks, pretty good, but nothing spectacular, hoping the full album will be better.


Haven't heard anything yet, but can't wait, and I'll have to look now.


The new album is called VII: Sturm und Drang and is released on July 24th. I've listened to the tracks again and they're really growing on me now. The first track released was Still Echoes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmBWOF1A0g , good track, awesome vocals too by Randy. My favorite track so far is 512 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJiyZk8P2s , awesome track, If the album sounds like this, it's going to be one of the metal albums of the year IMO!


Just heard Still Echoes the other day was really good, can't wait for the release! Also, thank you for sharing the release date, certainly appreciate it.
Kreator
21588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 11/11/15
Really good album from Mors Principium Est:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GilkWgvgh1o
You must be logged in to post.