First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Nova Scotia Man Sentenced to 90 Days for Child Porn, Including 'Anime'
24263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

zinjashike wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:
.


Didn't the Nazis think the same way?


And Godwin's law, thanks for playing everyone - thread is kill.


Joke all you want but it's pretty frightening that there are people that think the same way this poster thinks... And people who just laugh it off..
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

MysticGon
Joke all you want but it's pretty frightening that there are people that think the same way this poster thinks... And people who just laugh it off..


I hate people who try to use false equivalency to win a debate. His statement is not an endorsement of ethnic cleansing but instead a condemnation of the actions of a few that poison the well thus perverting those that would, in fact, turn out normal without their influence.

Saying there's shit people in the world that the world would probably be better off with does not make him literally Hitler, but thank you for making light of the holocaust for the purpose of furthering your own views and or agenda.
24263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

zinjashike wrote:


MysticGon
Joke all you want but it's pretty frightening that there are people that think the same way this poster thinks... And people who just laugh it off..


I hate people who try to use false equivalency to win a debate. His statement is not an endorsement of ethnic cleansing but instead a condemnation of the actions of a few that poison the well thus perverting those that would, in fact, turn out normal without their influence.

Saying there's shit people in the world that the world would probably be better off with does not make him literally Hitler, but thank you for making light of the holocaust for the purpose of furthering your own views and or agenda.


The way I see her statement makes me think of the amount of hate, dehumanization and disassociation on display by people like the Nazis, or Boko Haram, or IS, or the crusaders or American settlers... People that don't see people as people but rather as swine. But go ahead, put more words in my mouth...
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

RedExodus wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I feel bad for the children who were molested. Now their trauma is floating somewhere on the internet for sick people to enjoy.

DethAssass1n wrote:

As long as people like him have a demand for child porn, innocent children will be hurt in creating it. It is sick that people are defending him.
You took the words right out of my mouth.


I don't understand this "demand". So I support the anime industry by pirating their loli ecchi shows? Who even buys porn pictures? I doubt the idea of helping children get hurt even occurred to this man who was just minding his own business. There are scams where criminals trick people into being included into crimes which leads to cops catching them as bait while the real criminals run for it. Does this mean the unknowing victim is guilty for supporting the criminals' escape?


Just as I said in any earlier post, the "demand" is nothing more than a myth. People cannot, in the west and over the internet, at least, be paid for any CP they produce. The websites that distribute such materials rely on complete anonymity, making it impossible to gauge what sort of audience there is. It is very much akin to pirating movies or music, as you say, with the exception being that it is easier to gauge how many people are pirating a given movie or album.

In the end, this is all just hyper-reactionary behavior, with people trying to justify the extremely harsh treatment they dole out to people who should instead be rehabilitated. People ignore that the recidivism rate for such crimes is extremely, extremely low. It is around 3%, where as other crimes, like robbery, are closer to 70%.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

evilotakuneko wrote:


Schmooples wrote:

Mental disorders are very much subject to moral norms of the time. That is why homosexuality or transgenderism were once widely believe to be mental disorders. For the most part in current times, the line is drawn where a certain state causes distress on the individual or those around them.

If you get down to it, currently it isn't widely believed, by psychologists at least, that pedophilia is in itself a mental disorder. It is considered a sexual orientation (because it is persistent over time, often noticed around puberty in the individual, and cannot reliably be changed) until the orientation causes emotional distress or acts on the urges, in which case it is diagnosed as pedophilic disorder. Pedophilia is an orientation. Science has come a long way in being morally neutral on many issues, as it should be, but it still isn't perfect.



Alright, time to catch some flak for that statement.


Indeed it is, because this is a misinterpretation. Even though pedophilia is very much like a sexual orientation, it is still considered a disorder.


I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that it is a disorder, despite being exactly like a sexual orientation (albeit on that can't be acted on), or that it is wrongly considered a disorder?

Psychologists are moving away from considering it a disorder in and of itself. I believe that that trend is a positive and necessary one, and that it is correct to view it as an orientation.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

RedExodus wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I feel bad for the children who were molested. Now their trauma is floating somewhere on the internet for sick people to enjoy.

DethAssass1n wrote:

As long as people like him have a demand for child porn, innocent children will be hurt in creating it. It is sick that people are defending him.
You took the words right out of my mouth.


I don't understand this "demand". So I support the anime industry by pirating their loli ecchi shows? Who even buys porn pictures? I doubt the idea of helping children get hurt even occurred to this man who was just minding his own business. There are scams where criminals trick people into being included into crimes which leads to cops catching them as bait while the real criminals run for it. Does this mean the unknowing victim is guilty for supporting the criminals' escape?

Yaoi and yuri lovers as well as homosexuals secretly disgust me and I never lashed out against them or did them any wrong. Y'all need to man up and swallow your feelings.
Whatever makes you sleep at night.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

MysticGon wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:
.


Didn't the Nazis think the same way?


I don't know. Maybe you should go ask one?
24263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/15 , edited 5/5/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


Well that wen't nowhere in a hurry. I say live and let live.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

MysticGon
The way I see her statement


Sorry, I could care less about paying attention to gender on a forum.


makes me think of the amount of hate, dehumanization and disassociation on display by people like the Nazis, or Boko Haram, or IS, or the crusaders or American settlers...


Saying she wished hypocritical people would weed themselves out is now equivalent to genocide for the purpose of ethnic cleansing, land theft, or for hollow religious statements.

Clearly the US government should go after this modern day terrorist if she's as bad as what you align her with~

Sharing a perceived attribute does not make these things the same - that is the definition of false equivalency. You're also poisoning the well by doing so.


People that don't see people as people but rather as swine. But go ahead, put more words in my mouth...


Immediately puts words in someone else's mouth, then claims others are putting words in theirs. I can't even.

You can see people as people - but that doesn't mean you must view them all as equal. Society does attribute merit to those that we believe deserve it, and condemnation to those we feel deserve it as well.
18278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Argentina
Offline
Posted 5/5/15
The sentence he got is too short...

I can't still believe how some here can have some symphaty for this guy just because he hasn't hurt someone yet (emphasis mine in yet) and that is supposing that he hasn't actually done something to anyone but hasn't get caught. Sorry, but pedophiles don't simply get the benefict of the doubt from me. But even if he has do nothing (yet) how some people don't find worrying, at least, that he is looking for CP is beyond me...
24263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/15


Wow, alright then.


She said something about being destroyed and all that, so yeah play semantics all you like, it's the basis of thought I'm worried about. And the fact that you'd defend such a line of thinking. I'm just going to have to disagree with you on that level. As for the personal attacks, think what you want, and I'll continue to say what I want. You can analyze it any way that you want.
11713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/15
Technically, you're not a pedophile in psychiatry unless you commit sexual acts with a person of age 13 or lower. People who think by "they haven't yet done it" remind me of overprotective dads. What's interesting is that people believe they have more free will than others on whether they would commit crimes or not. This is what famous studies have shown in psychology. If other people get drunk, we should watch out because he might screw up something bad. If YOU do it, it's okay because you get to do what you want, it's not the influence of being drunk.
4220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 5/5/15 , edited 5/5/15
90 days wow!

Get a rope.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

MysticGon wrote:



Wow, alright then.


She said something about being destroyed and all that, so yeah play semantics all you like, it's the basis of thought I'm worried about. And the fact that you'd defend such a line of thinking. I'm just going to have to disagree with you on that level. As for the personal attacks, think what you want, and I'll continue to say what I want. You can analyze it any way that you want.


The fact that you feel you have to use false equivalence to make a point means your argument is weak and you don't have one that can stand on its own.

If you don't like people pointing out your use of fallacies then don't use them. Simple no?
24263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/15

zinjashike wrote:


MysticGon wrote:



Wow, alright then.


She said something about being destroyed and all that, so yeah play semantics all you like, it's the basis of thought I'm worried about. And the fact that you'd defend such a line of thinking. I'm just going to have to disagree with you on that level. As for the personal attacks, think what you want, and I'll continue to say what I want. You can analyze it any way that you want.


The fact that you feel you have to use false equivalence to make a point means your argument is weak and you don't have one that can stand on its own.

If you don't like people pointing out your use of fallacies then don't use them. Simple no?


My stance is simple. Don't generalize and don't belittle people. If you do, you are a champion for hate, just like the Nazis. There is nothing false in my statement. The holocaust is the manifestation of their hate, just like calls for destruction of a certain group you don't agree with online, and subsequent defending of such statements is the manifestation of one's hate. Two different levels, same root.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.