First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
They say the profile is the window to the soul...
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 5/6/15 , edited 5/6/15
1486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / LaLaLand
Offline
Posted 5/8/15
The only thing personal about my profile is my avatar...which is actually me... I wonder what people make out of it
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/8/15
I'm just sick of being judged by pronouns.Who are they?Peckinpah fans will know.
5493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/8/15
My profile has stuff about me.
The problem is that I'm not interesting.
Posted 5/8/15
No, its like saying a resume is a window to the soul. My accomplishments don't define my worth, nor my tastes in music.


It might be useful to find people who share similar interests.


I have my pic up every so often, but the rest is whatever I feel like filling in.


Posted 5/8/15

mikey_vela wrote:

My profile has stuff about me.
The problem is that I'm not interesting.


Have you tried alcohol?
5493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/8/15

AiYumega wrote:


mikey_vela wrote:

My profile has stuff about me.
The problem is that I'm not interesting.


Have you tried alcohol?


I drank more alcohol at 18 and 19 years old than I will for the rest of my life.
Posted 5/8/15

AiYumega wrote:


mikey_vela wrote:

My profile has stuff about me.
The problem is that I'm not interesting.


Have you tried alcohol?


That doesn't really work in the long term, you know.
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 5/8/15


5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 5/8/15

AiYumega wrote:

For all the forgery that happens on the internet, you can get a pretty solid idea of a person based off an internet profile.

I said to someone my profile is unique to me, and I try and put my own "personality" to it even if it's just a webpage that has no real connection to anything. As time goes on we see these as much more than that.

Twitter, Facebook, all those, the same idea, even more actually. It's an extension of the person.

I think as time goes on, a person's internet profile is more and more of a way to see who a person really is, for better or worse.


Even behind the screen, we're still the same.



You can tell more from looking into someones eyes, that's why I avoid doing so, I can usually see how much of a jerk they are.
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 5/8/15

AiYumega wrote:

For all the forgery that happens on the internet, you can get a pretty solid idea of a person based off an internet profile.

I said to someone my profile is unique to me, and I try and put my own "personality" to it even if it's just a webpage that has no real connection to anything. As time goes on we see these as much more than that.

Twitter, Facebook, all those, the same idea, even more actually. It's an extension of the person.

I think as time goes on, a person's internet profile is more and more of a way to see who a person really is, for better or worse.


Even behind the screen, we're still the same.



All you know from a profile is what that person wishes to reveal. I could pay someone to do my profile professionally, and in fact I could get it done for free. Maybe I will, with this one or a new one. But if one wanted profiles can be catagorized according to

1)graphics profile, custom avi, bbcode. bells and whistles, links to social media, etc etc.
2)practical/text profile
3)combination of 1 and 2
4)nothing on profile (trolls are thought to never fill in profiles but this isn't always trolls, some ppl are shy, etc)

Like you said, like twitter or facebook, extensions. Thats all there is to them, they aren't "windows to person's souls"

Got to take my bath, au revoire.
x7610 
4375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / sasuke
Offline
Posted 5/8/15 , edited 5/8/15
i love my crunchyroll profile.
sometimes i kind of would like to have actual information about me, but it's weirder this way. (lol)
21362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/8/15

hannahshinobi wrote:

The only thing personal about my profile is my avatar...which is actually me... I wonder what people make out of it



u a qt

1486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / LaLaLand
Offline
Posted 5/8/15

crimetowastetime wrote:


hannahshinobi wrote:

The only thing personal about my profile is my avatar...which is actually me... I wonder what people make out of it



u a qt



Gee! Thanks
Posted 5/8/15
You can tell that I'm the mysterious transfer student.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.