First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Being Left Out By Alcohol
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 5/6/15

saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Some times I like a beer to relax. I don't party so I'm good.


I was watching John Oliver the other night, and he just destroyed Bud Light, and said like it tasted like shit. I don't drink so i wouldn't know but does it taste that bad? lol


I don't drink Bud Light. Only Corona and Tooheys <3


Okay but have you had any bad experiences with bud light in the past or heard something from friends lol. It would be interesting to know

4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
I do, but not to the point of when I get piss drunk.

Me and my close friends meet up, have a bbq and a few beers and talk about life and all that good stuff.
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/6/15 , edited 5/6/15

aznzakum wrote:

Hey guys!

At my University there are many frat parties and social events to go to. Like many activities in life (not just limited to frat parties) Alcohol plays a very big role in society today.


-Some drink alcohol just to relax after work.

-Some drink to get f'ed up and party

-Some drink to have a good time at ball games


Whatever the reason may be, drinking (beer, whiskey, vodka etc) is very common, For me however I face a problem with alcohol....


It takes half a bottle of beer to get me throwing up all the contents within 1 hour. Any quantity lower than that I wouldn't throw up.. Instead my metabolism kicks in within 2 hours and I have those head throbbing hangovers that most people have after they sleep and wake up.


I can't drink and nor can my parents...It just simply isn't encoded into my genes.. and if the body rejects it so hard, its not good to pursue it.

I go to parties.. but stay away from alcohol because of those effects that are amplified on me... To see all my friends drinking and having a good time, I'm happy.. but that doesn't change the fact that sometimes I wonder how lonely it is to not drink.

Do you guys drink?

if you don't drink... do you ever feel that its lonely sometimes (not all the time) to know that the people around you drink and that you can't?



My suggestion to you is to try hard alcohol, mainly because it takes less to get drunk and in less time, a few shots of it and you should be feeling pretty okay. I've only drunken about two dozen times, I can't stand beer it taste horrible, doesn't get me drunk and takes a lot of it.

I have a very high tolerance to alcohol as it is, and what doesn't help even more is the only alcohol that can get me drunk > Whiskey or another similar alcohol makes me angry, the Native American in my blood just doesn't agree with it.
So I don't drink anymore.
Dahrc 
16474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sootopolis City
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
I know the phrase "Never say never" might apply, but I never drank alcohol before and I don't plan on it ever. I would never let something like that stop me from enjoying whatever it is that I might want to enjoy.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 5/6/15

PurpleDjango wrote:


aznzakum wrote:

Hey guys!

At my University there are many frat parties and social events to go to. Like many activities in life (not just limited to frat parties) Alcohol plays a very big role in society today.


-Some drink alcohol just to relax after work.

-Some drink to get f'ed up and party

-Some drink to have a good time at ball games


Whatever the reason may be, drinking (beer, whiskey, vodka etc) is very common, For me however I face a problem with alcohol....


It takes half a bottle of beer to get me throwing up all the contents within 1 hour. Any quantity lower than that I wouldn't throw up.. Instead my metabolism kicks in within 2 hours and I have those head throbbing hangovers that most people have after they sleep and wake up.


I can't drink and nor can my parents...It just simply isn't encoded into my genes.. and if the body rejects it so hard, its not good to pursue it.

I go to parties.. but stay away from alcohol because of those effects that are amplified on me... To see all my friends drinking and having a good time, I'm happy.. but that doesn't change the fact that sometimes I wonder how lonely it is to not drink.

Do you guys drink?

if you don't drink... do you ever feel that its lonely sometimes (not all the time) to know that the people around you drink and that you can't?



My suggestion to you is to try hard alcohol, mainly because it takes less to get drunk and in less time, a few shots of it and you should be feeling pretty okay. I've only drunken about two dozen times, I can't stand beer it taste horrible, doesn't get me drunk and takes a lot of it.

I have a very high tolerance to alcohol as it is, and what doesn't help even more is the only alcohol that can get me drunk > Whiskey or another similar alcohol makes me angry, the Native American in my blood just doesn't agree with it.
So I don't drink anymore.



Do NOT take that person's suggestion! Like others have pointed out it sounds like you have an allergic reaction to alcohol! You could do serious damage to yourself!

Yes, do NOT drink and I am speaking as someone who likes to drink!

Each of our bodies are wired different. For me it is sometimes necessary to drink. My body does not respond to most pain killers and after a very serious car wreck, the pain pills I was given did nothing, but a couple drinks worked wonders.

Yes, the alcohol masked the pain (but then that is the premise of that codine based crap prescribed). BTW I ended up flushing them down a toilet

So, just remember, your body obviously can NOT tolerate alcohol, don't force it. I would wonder if you have a history of alcoholism in your family, as some descendents of alcoholics show this (and others show the reverse and have a very high tolerance)
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 5/6/15

A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Some times I like a beer to relax. I don't party so I'm good.


I was watching John Oliver the other night, and he just destroyed Bud Light, and said like it tasted like shit. I don't drink so i wouldn't know but does it taste that bad? lol


I don't drink Bud Light. Only Corona and Tooheys <3


Okay but have you had any bad experiences with bud light in the past or heard something from friends lol. It would be interesting to know



Unfortunately not.
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 5/6/15

saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Some times I like a beer to relax. I don't party so I'm good.


I was watching John Oliver the other night, and he just destroyed Bud Light, and said like it tasted like shit. I don't drink so i wouldn't know but does it taste that bad? lol


I don't drink Bud Light. Only Corona and Tooheys <3


Okay but have you had any bad experiences with bud light in the past or heard something from friends lol. It would be interesting to know



Unfortunately not.


Lol i lol liked how you said unfortunately
23833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Winter Park, FL
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
i'm quite tolerant of alcohol, it's a family trait i guess, but my problem is that my taste buds are so sensitive that it tastes stronger than what it really is. my sense of taste would be good if i had an interest in being a chef though.i have no problems discerning different ingredients, i'm just too poor to learn what good ingredients are to make use of it.
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 5/6/15

A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Some times I like a beer to relax. I don't party so I'm good.


I was watching John Oliver the other night, and he just destroyed Bud Light, and said like it tasted like shit. I don't drink so i wouldn't know but does it taste that bad? lol


I don't drink Bud Light. Only Corona and Tooheys <3


Okay but have you had any bad experiences with bud light in the past or heard something from friends lol. It would be interesting to know



Unfortunately not.


Lol i lol liked how you said unfortunately


Yes. I've never tasted it and it seems to have a bad rep, but I'd like to try it at least once before judging.
12472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Utopia
Offline
Posted 5/6/15 , edited 5/6/15

saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:


A-Eky wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Some times I like a beer to relax. I don't party so I'm good.


I was watching John Oliver the other night, and he just destroyed Bud Light, and said like it tasted like shit. I don't drink so i wouldn't know but does it taste that bad? lol


I don't drink Bud Light. Only Corona and Tooheys <3


Okay but have you had any bad experiences with bud light in the past or heard something from friends lol. It would be interesting to know



Unfortunately not.


Lol i lol liked how you said unfortunately


Yes. I've never tasted it and it seems to have a bad rep, but I'd like to try it at least once before judging.


totally understand. i see a lot of ads about it on tv and the "Are you up for whatever" campaign seems whack for me. i don't think that's why people drink beer but again i wouldn't really know.

also is it possible to get drunk from just drinking beer? i feel like you would have to drink a lot, like 15 bottles or cans of it to even feel an effect, depending on whether you are a lightweight or not
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
It is possible. While I am an extreme lightweight, two bottles of beer and it's like my vision is delayed 1 or 2 seconds after making any movement.
Posted 5/6/15

aznzakum wrote:

Hey guys!

At my University there are many frat parties and social events to go to. Like many activities in life (not just limited to frat parties) Alcohol plays a very big role in society today.


-Some drink alcohol just to relax after work.

-Some drink to get f'ed up and party

-Some drink to have a good time at ball games


Whatever the reason may be, drinking (beer, whiskey, vodka etc) is very common, For me however I face a problem with alcohol....


It takes half a bottle of beer to get me throwing up all the contents within 1 hour. Any quantity lower than that I wouldn't throw up.. Instead my metabolism kicks in within 2 hours and I have those head throbbing hangovers that most people have after they sleep and wake up.


I can't drink and nor can my parents...It just simply isn't encoded into my genes.. and if the body rejects it so hard, its not good to pursue it.

I go to parties.. but stay away from alcohol because of those effects that are amplified on me... To see all my friends drinking and having a good time, I'm happy.. but that doesn't change the fact that sometimes I wonder how lonely it is to not drink.

Do you guys drink?

if you don't drink... do you ever feel that its lonely sometimes (not all the time) to know that the people around you drink and that you can't?



Hi! Well, for me it's close to the same thing. After a couple sips of wine or a couple mouthfuls of any sort of beer I get very VERY fuzzy-headed and my thoughts become quite muddled. I'm not out of control but I get super SUPER tired as well. So I don't drink but all of my family does when it's a social function except my Mom. It seems to relax everyone and they all seem to be having a good time...but when I give in to the urge to have just one then I realize paying for it afterward is simply not worth it. Now, at home, I take a couple sips of a bottle like a hard cider and then just dump the rest out; and if I am going out, I don't order even if I feel a twinge of regret.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/6/15
I don't drink, have never drunk, and will never drink. I don't use any other mind-altering substances either, and there are multiple reasons for all of that.

Sometimes, yeah, I do feel pretty left out... People discussing what beverages they like and dislike, telling stories of when they were drunk, things like that - I can never join in on those things. Then, there are also a ton of people who get the wrong idea about the type of person I am just because I'm a teetotaler. I'm judged most of the time for it, it seems, either because I'm "boring," "stuck up," or whatever else people will think. It kinda sucks.

That, and sometimes I really want to just drink away my sadness and stress. Tempted to give in sometimes, but I won't.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 5/6/15 , edited 5/6/15

A-Eky wrote:

also is it possible to get drunk from just drinking beer? i feel like you would have to drink a lot, like 15 bottles or cans of it to even feel an effect, depending on whether you are a lightweight or not


Yes, and hell no. Fifteen bottles of beer? You trying to fry somebody's liver? It doesn't take that amount to get drunk. Damn. Are you really serious? Fifteen?

2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Detroit, Mi
Offline
Posted 5/6/15 , edited 5/6/15
I don't drink. I used to drink in high school as a means to fit in but it was honestly just a waste of time. Drinking can have health consequences (limited) and legal consequences if you're under 21.

I am in college now and don't drink at all. I have no desire to drink, what can it offer my life? Most of my friends don't drink although some do, either way I'd suggest getting around people that love and accept you for who you are! If you feel pressured to fit in and conform to what they think is cool it isn't worth it. Seek true friendship with people who genuinely care about you and will help you become a better individual!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.