Post Reply Do you know any good books worth recommending that are in first-person narrative?
42365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 5/6/15
Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not
Thanks a bunches.


Explain your opinion in great detail. List the full title of the story, show a picture of the cover, and list the plot

Enjoy!
8351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/6/15 , edited 5/8/15
The Kingkiller Chronicle is pretty good, in that despite knowing the main character is going to get through the situation somehow, you want to know how he gets through it. Novel sort of looses me towards the halfway point of the second book however. If I were to list the plot it might give too much a way, essentially however it's about an old Inn Keeper who is in reality the infamous Kvothe the Kingkiller. He meets a man called Chronicler and decides it's time he shared his entire life over the course of three days. Each book taking place over a day and Kvothe telling a substantial portion of his life.

42365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 5/6/15

Iconodule wrote:

The Kingkiller Chronicle is pretty good, in that despite knowing the main character is going to get through the situation somehow, you want to know how he gets through it. Novel sort of looses me towards the halfway point of the second book however. If I were to list the plot it might give too much a way, essentially however it's about an old Inn Keeper who is in reality the infamous Kvothe the Kingkiller. He meets a man called Chronicler and decides it's time he shared his entire life over the course of three days. Each book taking place over a day and Kvothe telling a substantial portion of his life.




Thanks for the book.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/8/15
All You Need Is Kill is a brilliant novel.

Also, the novel Another is a fantastic read. it's mostly form first person point of view, there a few short chapters that aren't though.
42365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 5/9/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

All You Need Is Kill is a brilliant novel.

Also, the novel Another is a fantastic read. it's mostly form first person point of view, there a few short chapters that aren't though.



Thank you. Aren't those novels actually manga?
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/9/15


There are manga version of them. However, All You Need Is Kill is originally a light novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. Another is a much longer novel by Yukito Ayatsuji.

I recommend the manga versions too. Another has also been adapted into an anime and a live action film. The anime is brilliant, the film is just...meh...
42365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 5/9/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



There are manga version of them. However, All You Need Is Kill is originally a light novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. Another is a much longer novel by Yukito Ayatsuji.

I recommend the manga versions too. Another has also been adapted into an anime and a live action film. The anime is brilliant, the film is just...meh...



I never read a light novel. Where do you even go to read those?
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/9/15


It depends what country you're in i suppose. I'm in england, the All you Need Is Kill is available from Waterstones, Forbidden Planet or on amazon. Another is available on amazon.

If you can't find a hard copy, you can probably find them translated online somewhere.
42365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 5/9/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



It depends what country you're in i suppose. I'm in england, the All you Need Is Kill is available from Waterstones, Forbidden Planet or on amazon. Another is available on amazon.

If you can't find a hard copy, you can probably find them translated online somewhere.


Thanks.
Posted 5/9/15

Iconodule wrote:

The Kingkiller Chronicle is pretty good, in that despite knowing the main character is going to get through the situation somehow, you want to know how he gets through it. Novel sort of looses me towards the halfway point of the second book however. If I were to list the plot it might give too much a way, essentially however it's about an old Inn Keeper who is in reality the infamous Kvothe the Kingkiller. He meets a man called Chronicler and decides it's time he shared his entire life over the course of three days. Each book taking place over a day and Kvothe telling a substantial portion of his life.



eek, sounds painful
5279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/17/15
Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The movies SUCK BTW
6146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 7/17/15
Sherlock Holmes.
389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
You must be logged in to post.