First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply General Discussion
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 5/22/15 , edited 5/24/15
If you go on lulu's website you can publish books cheaply and are only billed after a book is sold...
Senpai
26286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Richmond, Indiana
Offline
Posted 5/24/15 , edited 5/24/15
@ Lillith_Vecie lulu's website?
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 5/31/15
Right I should check back more often ... mostly I got distracted writing... here's the site. http://www.lulu.com
Senpai
26286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Richmond, Indiana
Offline
Posted 6/1/15

Lillith_Vecie wrote:

Right I should check back more often ... mostly I got distracted writing... here's the site. http://www.lulu.com


That's a very interesting site, we should have a poll or something to see if everyone wants to be published or not, and figure out a way for everyone to chip in to become published lol
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 6/1/15
I've sold a couple of books and one ebook on there. You have to reach a certain limit to get paid. However, I've never been billed they deduct the costs automatically.
Senpai
26286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Richmond, Indiana
Offline
Posted 6/1/15
@Lillith_Vecie ahh I see, that's pretty handy. How would that work though if we wanted to create a joint book of everyone's work? I'm sure everyone would want a cut of the profits (assuming there is any).

I mainly want to use publication to get everyone's name out there, and maybe inspire everyone to write even more. I could probably publish all my poetry to a single book, but not everyone has that many writings, so when everyone gets published together, who collects profits, who edits, who submits??

There's a lot that goes into something like this, and I don't think anyone should feel cheated or anything.
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 6/1/15
@ PlatinumWolf I know what you mean there. It's very hard to joint share a project like that. Still I wish they had it set up to divide the profits equally among users, or just hold them until it's an amount that can be. It would be an amazing feature.
Senpai
26286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Richmond, Indiana
Offline
Posted 6/2/15 , edited 6/2/15
@Lillith_Vecie Indeed it would be... Hmm... One of us could be the main collector of funds, then distribute it out to the others depending on sales via PayPal or something, but everyone would have to trust the "Treasurer" for that.
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 6/3/15 , edited 6/4/15

PlatinumWolf wrote:

@Lillith_Vecie Indeed it would be... Hmm... One of us could be the main collector of funds, then distribute it out to the others depending on sales via PayPal or something, but everyone would have to trust the "Treasurer" for that.




Hmm.. I'm interested in seeing how that could be worked out. Maybe later we can throw around some ideas and see what happens.. I'm very, very bad at writing "Short" fiction though. Just saying. *laughs* however I sometimes write "Meditation scripts" I suppose that would work.
Sensei
15011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/15
Hmm... what's a meditation script?

To be honest, I don't think any of my stuff is worth reading... yet. I have this OCD complex where I spend days making sure what I write doesn't contradict anything I wrote earlier and is airtight to plot holes so sometimes I advance maybe half a paragraph a week if I'm lucky. It certainly sounds like an interesting idea though.
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 6/7/15 , edited 6/7/15

S4869hu wrote:

Hmm... what's a meditation script?

To be honest, I don't think any of my stuff is worth reading... yet. I have this OCD complex where I spend days making sure what I write doesn't contradict anything I wrote earlier and is airtight to plot holes so sometimes I advance maybe half a paragraph a week if I'm lucky. It certainly sounds like an interesting idea though.


Meditation scripts are simple bits of descriptive writing. They tends to be relaxing and immersive. I use them as a brief vacation, especially since I work seven days a week. I'll post one later, once I'm near a computer.

Also. We are very much our own worst judge. I get very hard on myself with certain pieces, especially my favorite or most personally involved ones. It's hard letting your baby out into the world.
Sensei
15011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15
Sounds interesting. Yes, I would like to see one!

7 days?! Waaaaugh, I only part time like four days a week and I'm feeling pretty terrible! I like keeping busy but sometimes I feel like I'm asking for it. Right after vacation started I somehow found myself on the staff list of the L.A. Anime Expo so I'm going to be swamped with that and my part time job until that's over!
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

S4869hu wrote:

Sounds interesting. Yes, I would like to see one!

7 days?! Waaaaugh, I only part time like four days a week and I'm feeling pretty terrible! I like keeping busy but sometimes I feel like I'm asking for it. Right after vacation started I somehow found myself on the staff list of the L.A. Anime Expo so I'm going to be swamped with that and my part time job until that's over!


Amime expo?I'm soooo jealous!! *giggles* I love things liket hat but we just don't have them here. Wekk,, we don't have much of anything here really. We kind of live in the middle of nowehre.. AAAHhh I need to move a little closer to a real city.
Sensei
15011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/15
That felt like the longest week ever! We spent so much time working that it really made the convention all the less fun. We barely had time to participate in the events ourselves and to go to the exhibition hall for shopping. A lot of us also got very little sleep and the attendants were really mean sometimes
Senpai
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Various- They cal...
Offline
Posted 7/11/15
Goodness... I hate when people are mean... sometimes there are halfway decent reasons to be grumpy but especially in a convention setting they shouldn't take it out on the attendees.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.