First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Graduation
1499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 5/18/15

AiYumega wrote:

I got four semesters left, so about two years


did you start college late?
Posted 5/19/15

oneouts123 wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

I got four semesters left, so about two years


did you start college late?


Yeah I did
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 5/19/15
Graduating with chemical engineering and computer science

Now I get to destroy some ISIS fucks before moving on to a great civilian life
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 5/19/15
I'm studying Chemical Engineering with emphasis on Biomedical. I've graduated with Finance and that's what I decided to go back for after a year of thought.


eatmorebikes wrote:

I'm graduating from this program I started in October 2014. After grad I'm going to be a full time university student at Saint Thomas University. I'll be minoring in psychology and majoring in arts. :)


Saint Thomas is a very nice campus. Have quite a few friends that love it there, so you'll probably enjoy it I figure.
Posted 5/20/15

KnightOfZero1991 wrote:

I'm studying Chemical Engineering with emphasis on Biomedical. I've graduated with Finance and that's what I decided to go back for after a year of thought.


eatmorebikes wrote:

I'm graduating from this program I started in October 2014. After grad I'm going to be a full time university student at Saint Thomas University. I'll be minoring in psychology and majoring in arts. :)


Saint Thomas is a very nice campus. Have quite a few friends that love it there, so you'll probably enjoy it I figure.


I went for a campus tour last year. It was really nice
64160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Right behind you.
Offline
Posted 5/20/15
All of these posts make me feel old, i graduated with my BS in Biology years ago.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 5/20/15

Khaltazar wrote:


eatmorebikes wrote:

I'm graduating from this program I started in October 2014. After grad I'm going to be a full time university student at Saint Thomas University. I'll be minoring in psychology and majoring in arts. :)


I'd think about that a lot more if I were you. My cousins both graduated with a MAJOR in BOTH Art and Psychology and they are working at a restaurant as a waiter/waitress. You will have zero career prospects when you graduate. It may be something you're interested in, but I'm just here to let you know in your case these interests won't make you any money, rather they will cost you money.

If you plan on being an art designer such as for games, etc. I would recommend a school focused on that and while you do so making a very good portfolio of all your art. I'm not trying to crush your dreams, I'm just trying to save as many people as I can from the pit that is Psychology and Arts.


not necessarily true, depends what their ultimate goal is and your cousins stopped after undergraduate education and didn't bother to network or intern which is obviously why they're working menial jobs. not everyone enters school to pursue something financially "beneficial" for them after college and there are people that aren't broke and can actually afford to study what they want to study. everyone who pursues psych knows that it's a risky major so your comment is unnecessary and rude. sucks to suck that you can't afford your interests and that you have to beat down on others bruh
85273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 5/21/15

deer wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


eatmorebikes wrote:

I'm graduating from this program I started in October 2014. After grad I'm going to be a full time university student at Saint Thomas University. I'll be minoring in psychology and majoring in arts. :)


I'd think about that a lot more if I were you. My cousins both graduated with a MAJOR in BOTH Art and Psychology and they are working at a restaurant as a waiter/waitress. You will have zero career prospects when you graduate. It may be something you're interested in, but I'm just here to let you know in your case these interests won't make you any money, rather they will cost you money.

If you plan on being an art designer such as for games, etc. I would recommend a school focused on that and while you do so making a very good portfolio of all your art. I'm not trying to crush your dreams, I'm just trying to save as many people as I can from the pit that is Psychology and Arts.


not necessarily true, depends what their ultimate goal is and your cousins stopped after undergraduate education and didn't bother to network or intern which is obviously why they're working menial jobs. not everyone enters school to pursue something financially "beneficial" for them after college and there are people that aren't broke and can actually afford to study what they want to study. everyone who pursues psych knows that it's a risky major so your comment is unnecessary and rude. sucks to suck that you can't afford your interests and that you have to beat down on others bruh


I'm not beating down on others, I'm just trying to help. If my comment doesn't help you (or anyone reading it) in particular and they are in one of these majors I hope you (or anyone reading it) don't regret the decision, but that is for them to make. I don't believe my comment was unnecessary nor rude, advice is just that, advice. Advice could be considered harsh if you're in a bad situation, but my intentions were only to help. I don't know everything, nor does anyone else, but from my experience and even in my general education in college the professors of those majors themselves plead for you to not major in them as they have little to no job prospects even at a PhD level and the little jobs that are offered are all taken by networking and what school you attended, your GPA, etc. Basically, the easy majors are very competitive because everyone wants to take that route (even if it's not their interest).
869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
I have no plans even the college I'm going to now was completely unplanned for, I signed up 5 days before the winter term began.
11662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 5/21/15
I'm just now about to graduate high school just going to a JC
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.