First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
CR and censorship
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15
Why does CR only pick up censored anime when there are times where they could pick up the uncensored version but they dont
19918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Summoners Rift
Offline
Posted 5/14/15
I would guess because then it would have to make a more complicated system of watching anime and restrict some of the younger audiences anime watching.
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15
Funimation has uncensored anime and they do not restrict it hell CR has a few anime that's damn near unwatchable cause of the censoring
19918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Summoners Rift
Offline
Posted 5/14/15
If you can't watch it here just watch it somewhere else I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Usually the only animes I can't find on crunchyroll are the one with alot of nudity or gore such as elfen lied or high school dxd
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/15

TaichoXD wrote:

Funimation has uncensored anime and they do not restrict it hell CR has a few anime that's damn near unwatchable cause of the censoring


They stream it and get it directly from the Japanese studios, where as Funimation and Sentai are a dubbing studio, after it's been dubbed and released in disk, they I'm guessing are allowed to air the uncensored version of it in subs as of course dubs.

Crunchyroll isn't a dubbing studio they're just a streaming site so they can't alter the videos in any way i would imagine.
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15
AT-X airs the uncensored versions a lot it would not be hard to pull that
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15

TaichoXD wrote:

AT-X airs the uncensored versions a lot it would not be hard to pull that


Right and they're a Japanese premium channel, Crunchyroll isn't so. Im sure they could easily do uncensored stuff but that would more than likely cost more and have to have restrictions in place due to the different laws in the U.S and other places they're allowed to stream to.
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15
other then have people verify age to see the uncensored version not much would need done. But it probably would cost more since a lot of studios make their money off BD's cause of the uncensoring So i could see how that would be problamatic
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/14/15
I remember when CR had Panty and Stocking and you couldn't watch it unless you were 18. Why can't they do that now?
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15
Cause the studio's probably want too much money as most that make the ecchi anime generally make a killing off BD sales . Wont like though a few anime CR has had recently are unwatchable cause all the censoring take Shinmai maou no testament its nothing but censors for 30 mins
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15

Dropplet wrote:

I remember when CR had Panty and Stocking and you couldn't watch it unless you were 18. Why can't they do that now?


More than likely something to do with age verifications, i've looked up brewery sites in the past that require them and all it takes is to click the right year till you can see it. Basically there is no legit way of age verification on the net, at least to my knowledge.


TaichoXD wrote:

Cause the studio's probably want too much money as most that make the ecchi anime generally make a killing off BD sales . Wont like though a few anime CR has had recently are unwatchable cause all the censoring take Shinmai maou no testament its nothing but censors for 30 mins


I don't know who has the streaming rights to the show but if its Sentai or Funimation you can watch it uncensored. I agree that some of the censoring in the show goes a bit and beyond the "norm" but thats just how it is. We have 3 choices in the matter, 1st watch it as is and not complain, 2nd buy the disk versions, 3rd watch the uncensored version on a different site.
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15

Haruna-kai wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

I remember when CR had Panty and Stocking and you couldn't watch it unless you were 18. Why can't they do that now?


More than likely something to do with age verifications, i've looked up brewery sites in the past that require them and all it takes is to click the right year till you can see it. Basically there is no legit way of age verification on the net, at least to my knowledge.


Allow one account per IP and once the age for that account is set it cant be changed its rather simple

2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/15 , edited 5/14/15

TaichoXD wrote:


Allow one account per IP and once the age for that account is set it cant be changed its rather simple



Wont work, you can lie about your age, there is no real way to prove your not 18+, unless you know of a way that i don't. Regardless of if there is or not it's not going to change the matter of censored vs uncensored due to the way crunchyroll gets them.
12185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/15
well like you said it would probably cost double for the uncensored raws as most studios make their money off the Blue rays as people buy them to see the uncensored versions generally
Dragon
58359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 5/15/15

TaichoXD wrote:

well like you said it would probably cost double for the uncensored raws as most studios make their money off the Blue rays as people buy them to see the uncensored versions generally


Exactly so. There's some more details over at /forumtopic-806747/quick-answers-for-common-questions if you're interested. It also has to do with bundling in the licenses - Funi might get the license to distribute the BD of one show, in exchange they also get the uncensored streaming + BD distribution for another, things like that. It gets complex pretty quickly, but since CR is just streaming, they can't take advantage of the disc-based deals, just streaming bundles.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.