First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Japanese protest American military base
6377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/18/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



This isn't an aid group helping somewhere that has been struck by an earthquake or tsunami though. And i highly doubt they are there for the second reason. Perhaps they are allowed there legally, but then a lot of stuff is legal now that shouldn't really be allowed to happen.

I am aware it is the politicians in England that allow it to happen. But what british politician is going to dare to stand up to the united States? We are basically America's punching bag now.


The United States has given foreign aid to allied countries when they needed it, How long do you think it took American personnel to get to the part of Japan hit be that Tsunami? And It is there for the Second reason, which is why China or North Korea has not made a move on Japan. Because we are there just in case. And Yes after Kicking your British ass twice and pulling it out of the fire an other two times your government has figured out that we are good to have as an ally.


10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/15 , edited 5/19/15

trivialite wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea why Japan, South Korea and Germany haven't kicked the U.S. out already. U.S. should do all it's Pacific operations from Guam. But, then again I'm not American.


I have no idea why Germany hasn't, but I assume that South Korea and Japan haven't been trying to get the US to leave because of the possibility of a war with North Korea.
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / NJ, FL
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

narfington wrote:


bensonc120 wrote:

Not saying they love American soldiers but sounds like their issue is mainly with the mainland Japan.


I'd be interested to know how the military families are treated when they venture off base. I don't remember any incidents, or my parents telling me of any they experienced, when my family lived there back in the 90's. Then again, like you said, it seems they Okinawans are more pissed at the mainland than the US military.



I am actually military living on Okinawa. We are treated incredibly well on base and the locals seem to very much welcome our business. I haven't personally seen any hostilities towards Americans living and being stationed on base, but I do believe that most of the protests on on the northern part of the island and directed at a few particular bases, which does not include the one that I am living on.

I love this place!
11768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Well I can understand that. What do America need to be stationed over there for?

There's an american base near Skipton in England and I'm not happy about that either. So much for England and America being allies.


The fact that there is a base in England is proof that we are allies.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15 , edited 5/19/15


There isn't a tsunami there NOW though. And i very much doubt that they would actually help. If China or Korea made a move on Japan, those american soldiers would soon leave then.

And allies? That's a joke! You force so many things on us we don't want and drag us into wars we don't want to get involved in. But if some actually attacked us you would do nothing. Nothing at all. We're "allies" not because we need your protection from other counties. We're "allies" because we don't want your country going insane and attacking us.

A lot of the terrorist attacks that have happened in the UK could have been prevented since they posted their plans on facebook. Facebook being an american company is american jurisdiction. Did you want to share that information with us? No, keep it secret and just let us brits die why don't you?
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


Hardly. If another country attacked England all of those american troops would soon go back to America again.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

This isn't an aid group helping somewhere that has been struck by an earthquake or tsunami though. And i highly doubt they are there for the second reason. Perhaps they are allowed there legally, but then a lot of stuff is legal now that shouldn't really be allowed to happen.

I am aware it is the politicians in England that allow it to happen. But what british politician is going to dare to stand up to the united States? We are basically America's punching bag now.


I see. I don't think we can resolve our debate. I do not know what happened to make you hate the United States. But honestly; if you feel that England and the rest of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth is a puppet of the United States than I pity you. First England ha NEVER done anything it didn't want to do,. Be it Nappy Bonaparte, Kaiser Wilhelm II, Hitler or any US President (not saying the Presidents rank with Nappy, Kaiser Billy or Hitler mind you). Yes, the US military first job is to protect American interests and lives, but it also does humanitarian aid and protect the interests and live of our friends which includes the UK and Commonwealth. For my part I rest easy knowing that the United States has firm friends and allies in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Japan and South Korea. (and other countries such as Norway, etc). I don't think well see eye to eye on this, but I do wish nothing but happiness and good fortune now and in the future.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


No, we probably can not resolve our debate. And if I had to list all of the things that have made me hate the United States I would be here all night.

You think because England goes along with whatever America does, that means we are all for it. Well no it doesn't. It just means our government and politicians are too scared to stand up against you. You're bigger and stronger than us, there's no way we would win a war. And your country seems to be extremely temperamental. We're worried enough as it is that you might start World War III for no good reason.

You carry on thinking all of those countries are your allies if you like. But the truth is America is one of the most powerful countries in the world so it's better to just nod and say "yes USA, whatever you say". It's much safer that way. I hope it never ever happens, but if another country ever invades or attacks England I have absolutely no faith that the USA will help us. I hope we would make it through somehow. But such an event like that did occur and the USA didn't intervene at all and did absolutely nothing, I would not be surprised in the slightest.
13256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Death ✭
Offline
Posted 5/19/15


I see. I don't think we can resolve our debate.
I do not know what happened to make you hate the United States. But honestly; if you feel that England and the rest of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth is a puppet of the United States than I pity you. First England ha NEVER done anything it didn't want to do,. Be it Nappy Bonaparte, Kaiser Wilhelm II, Hitler or any US President (not saying the Presidents rank with Nappy, Kaiser Billy or Hitler mind you). Yes, the US military first job is to protect American interests and lives, but it also does humanitarian aid and protect the interests and live of our friends which includes the UK and Commonwealth. For my part I rest easy knowing that the United States has firm friends and allies in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Japan and South Korea. (and other countries such as Norway, etc). I don't think well see eye to eye on this, but I do wish nothing but happiness and good fortune now and in the future.



BINGO!!! Just don't even bother posting a reply to anything she writes. She's fucking narrow-minded.

Exhibit A
11768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



Hardly. If another country attacked England all of those american troops would soon go back to America again.


I don't know what makes you think that. That would defeat any purpose for them being there. Besides the US and Britain are fairly politically hand-cuffed into defending one another
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

No, we probably can not resolve our debate. And if I had to list all of the things that have made me hate the United States I would be here all night.

You think because England goes along with whatever America does, that means we are all for it. Well no it doesn't. It just means our government and politicians are too scared to stand up against you. You're bigger and stronger than us, there's no way we would win a war. And your country seems to be extremely temperamental. We're worried enough as it is that you might start World War III for no good reason.

You carry on thinking all of those countries are your allies if you like. But the truth is America is one of the most powerful countries in the world so it's better to just nod and say "yes USA, whatever you say". It's much safer that way. I hope it never ever happens, but if another country ever invades or attacks England I have absolutely no faith that the USA will help us. I hope we would make it through somehow. But such an event like that did occur and the USA didn't intervene at all and did absolutely nothing, I would not be surprised in the slightest.


I am sure you have your reasons for feeling that way, but I am sure of one thing. The United States will never abandon England if England needs our aid. But I can't convince you of that. In my heart of hearts I believe this. But I will again close with this. I wish nothing but happiness and good fortune now and in the future for you.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M /
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

frankvr6 wrote:
BINGO!!! Just don't even bother posting a reply to anything she writes. She's fucking narrow-minded.

Exhibit A


I'm ending the debate with my post before this. But I am sure she has her reasons. Without knowing them I'd not want to criticize her for them. It's just a difference of opinion and people of goodwill should not let that unduly influence us. Besides I have found that focusing on the negative hurts oneself more than it hurts others. I do thank you for your support. It honours me.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/19/15
Japan and America are allies as far as I know, so it isn't a big problem.. but I would be annoyed if a military base was right by my house.
6377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



No, we probably can not resolve our debate. And if I had to list all of the things that have made me hate the United States I would be here all night.

You think because England goes along with whatever America does, that means we are all for it. Well no it doesn't. It just means our government and politicians are too scared to stand up against you. You're bigger and stronger than us, there's no way we would win a war. And your country seems to be extremely temperamental. We're worried enough as it is that you might start World War III for no good reason.

You carry on thinking all of those countries are your allies if you like. But the truth is America is one of the most powerful countries in the world so it's better to just nod and say "yes USA, whatever you say". It's much safer that way. I hope it never ever happens, but if another country ever invades or attacks England I have absolutely no faith that the USA will help us. I hope we would make it through somehow. But such an event like that did occur and the USA didn't intervene at all and did absolutely nothing, I would not be surprised in the slightest.


Well it seems like you are awfully bitter and over something no doubt petty. The US military has a long history of trying to help the people in countries where we are at, building schools and digging wells for the people, We send support when needed because that is what we believe in. Perhaps if your own government did a better job at identifying and watching potential terrorist they would catch more. Also seeing how they did nothing to stop that child sex abuse ring in Rotherham I don't think you should be pointing fingers and blaming the US for your own countries problems.
It is your opinion that if you where attacked that we would do nothing but that has been dis proven with history. we may of waited to see if you could sort through your own problems but we saved your asses when you could not.

so if anyone is insane here it is you.

you don't really have anything to debate
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/15
Brits have no stones.

You heard it here first.



Maybe Obama ending our "special relationship" with the UK wasn't such a bad idea after all.

This also confirms why Poland is the other other NATO country worth anything because they really want help if the Russian Bear gets grumpy again.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.